E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What you don't like on your E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK... So maybe I have some how overlooked this but I miss the rear facing bright driving(?) lights like my Audi's have. If it were foggy or rainy I always felt better about driving with these on as their are way too many idiots out there. I know they were very bright and annoying to those behing me but sometimes I just wanna make sure they were'nt asleep at the wheel or on their dam phones...
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I completely agree, however, the competition is getting more and more fierce. When simple cheap cars come with things like premium stereo, BT, iPod connectivity as standard (i.e. Kia's econobox) then there has to be more than the emblem on the hood to justify a $50k price jump. Tell me BMW what do you come with standard that the entry level cars don't? Everything is an option on a BMW and that should change
Completely agree, but if you've ever driven an entry level car, you know it drives like shit. Oversteered, ridiculously soft gas pedal with no resistance, small brake pedal, truck-like seating position, interior from low-quality hard plastic, plasticy-thin sounding doors... So yes, BMW is overhyped in many aspects, and I think there are more than enough minor flaws in E60 (which did not exist in E39 or E46) but at least BMW makes cars, not iPod interfaces on wheels.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Members

Anybody think the drivers side mirror is too small? I've owned Infiniti, Volvo, Acura - and the mirror on my 2008 535Xi seems like it doesn't have a large enough field of view (safety hazard?). What about "free scheduled maintenance" - when the computer decides when you need service? Good for the dealer since you can go a year without getting service. HPFP situation - finally got mine replaced after 3 months of trips to the dealer and "reprogramming" - they should have just admitted it was a P.O.S. and replaced it the first time - instead of getting embarrassed on TV then announcing a recall. The good news is the car (with Dinan Stage II) is a f*&)king hoot, the ride (with Conti DWS on stock 17" rims) is smooth, the handling is outstanding (for a 4000+ lb wagon) and it is a fantastic all day cruiser.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by kreveta
Completely agree, but if you've ever driven an entry level car, you know it drives like shit. Oversteered, ridiculously soft gas pedal with no resistance, small brake pedal, truck-like seating position, interior from low-quality hard plastic, plasticy-thin sounding doors... So yes, BMW is overhyped in many aspects, and I think there are more than enough minor flaws in E60 (which did not exist in E39 or E46) but at least BMW makes cars, not iPod interfaces on wheels.

I agree, but in the new century they are going to have to adapt and include more standard features to remain competitive. I would never trade my E60 for an econobox, regardless of the features, but I would consider a Lexus or Infiniti because their prices reflect more luxury AND technology included.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributors

I hate that I don't have my E60 anymore. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Tech Sport Package, Carbon Black, Black/Anthracite Bamboo

Originally Posted by kreveta
I agree, I've experienced a few of the minor issues/annoyances that have been posted but overall, I'm impressed with the build quality and driving experience I've had with my '08 550i. There is not a perfect car out there that will fit everyone or have all of the goodies that come standard on some $20k cars, although for the price for the E60's when new should have definately justified the $400 Ipod/auxiliary jack to come standard. So far, the goods out way the bads by a large margin and I hope it stays that way. And the bads, so far knock on wood are able to be endured.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by shumaki
I agree, I've experienced a few of the minor issues/annoyances that have been posted but overall, I'm impressed with the build quality and driving experience I've had with my '08 550i. There is not a perfect car out there that will fit everyone or have all of the goodies that come standard on some $20k cars, although for the price for the E60's when new should have definately justified the $400 Ipod/auxiliary jack to come standard. So far, the goods out way the bads by a large margin and I hope it stays that way. And the bads, so far knock on wood are able to be endured.
+1
nice reply...
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

My only concern....where do I put my sunglasses????
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Members

donīt like the bad quality. i have own my 535d for 4 months now.
i have changed the
torque converter,
particle filter,
now the idrive is broken totally dead,
sometimes the sunroof does`t close, and
all the faulty codes on active steering, engine and flat tire warning.
and it takes too long time for the engine to get warm. i have changed both thermostats. still not good.

i love the car but this is killing me.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
The trunk is my biggest irritant about my E60. The inside hand holders are good if you want to guillotine your hands at the wrist. I will order one of these right away.
I bought my chrome plated trunk closer plate at my local Mercedes dealer. Have had two for over 10 years and look as good as new. My trunk springs are set to the least tension but would still knock someone out if they were standing too close.
+1 on cupholders. Not so much the size(drink pop from can) but the location.

Quick Reply: What you don't like on your E60