E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D 2008 E60

Originally Posted by 540i
Yes, you can.
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

Finally got mine hooked up. I couldn't get the harness out of the clip, and part of it broke, but it connects back to the ECU very solid.

Weather in Houston today is TERRIBLE, but I can feel a huge difference in the steering.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:35 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by dbond
to LCI guys missing some love (and the 'SPORT' indicator ) check your dashboard coding for

1. FDC_VERBAUT (address 00300005) - DYNAMIC DRIVING CONTROL (FDC) INSTALLED
2. FDC_ID_MONITOR (address 00300405) - IDENTIFICATION TIMEOUT FOR DYNAMIC DRIVING CONTROL (FDC)
Received my cable tonight, hooked it up with NCS Expert, and after a bit of faffing around with the dates so it actually recognised my car I have programmed the 'Sport' light on the display (as well as other goodies like digital speedo, door locks releasing on car stopping, heated seat on I drive etc) and I am well chuffed, thanks dbond for the pointers.

I have decided to buy the original 'sport' button and drill a hole in the existing plastic gear gator to give it the OEM look and feel. The more I think about it, I just think the best place for the button is on the gator!

Anyway I'll keep you all posted on progress.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Cockers
Received my cable tonight, hooked it up with NCS Expert, and after a bit of faffing around with the dates so it actually recognised my car I have programmed the 'Sport' light on the display (as well as other goodies like digital speedo, door locks releasing on car stopping, heated seat on I drive etc) and I am well chuffed, thanks dbond for the pointers.

I have decided to buy the original 'sport' button and drill a hole in the existing plastic gear gator to give it the OEM look and feel. The more I think about it, I just think the best place for the button is on the gator!

Anyway I'll keep you all posted on progress.

Hey I was wondering if it is not too much of a trouble for can you please please please make a video of coding to get "sport" on your cluster. Thanks a million
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by YRUSRACE
Hey I was wondering if it is not too much of a trouble for can you please please please make a video of coding to get "sport" on your cluster. Thanks a million
A video probably won't help too much, you need a cable and software, the hardest part is getting the software and then making it work on your laptop. The actual programming takes around 2 minutes once you are setup and ready to go.

I am going to reprogramme the tranny in the morning as apparently that will give the better throttle response and the S1,S2 etc in the dash which I don't have on my LCI, I only have the light and the tighter steering, I thought the throttle response was better but it's probably just the placebo affect.

Head on over to BMW Coding Forum sign up and read, read, read. It took me a few days to get the hang of it.

I'll keep you all posted, damn I'm hooked on tweaking this car
Old 05-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Members

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: E61 525i 2005, F11 528i 2012
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by KOC
That is a Hong Kong site, I posted that. haha
Aha, my mandarin is not that good
Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Texas_Vol
Finally got mine hooked up. I couldn't get the harness out of the clip, and part of it broke, but it connects back to the ECU very solid.

Weather in Houston today is TERRIBLE, but I can feel a huge difference in the steering.
Hey Texas, besides the steering is there a noticeable difference with the shifts? Also are you running a tune?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Hey Texas, besides the steering is there a noticeable difference with the shifts? Also are you running a tune?
I just have the JB+ for now, since it is quick to remove if I have a warranty issue.

I didn't notice a huge difference in shifts, but I haven't really been somewhere where I could really open it up. Honestly, the steering change was worth it in itself.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: e90

Could this also work on E90? This is the socket on the panel but there are 14 pins on whether to try 8 and 10 or 10 and 14? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-img_02322.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004, 525ia

Originally Posted by lciaccio
+1
This is pretty detailed:

You can find more on this in the "neat tricks" thread

Have a nice day!

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be