E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: e60 530d 270hp remap

Ok I decided to post my problem, it is frustrating me since i took dash,etc apart 3rd time allready.

Area below CD player where DSC button is, has no LCI unit, only empty box with 1 chip connected to DSC button.

So I find out there is 2 different locations of lci unit, so I open glovebox and again, nothing as it is shown in picture LCI-FDC1.jpg in first post.

My car is 2004 e60 530d automatic from EU and it is not pre LCI i guess by the exterior photos i searched, it looks like LCI.

I hope you guys can help me, its frustrating me, maybe im wasting time since probably you guys post pictures from USA models? Im not sure what is the difference tbo, and im sorry if i missed some post, it is alot of pages

Thanks

edit: I guess its pre LCI but my center console switch center only has one DSC connector with 4 pins in that are connected to circuit board that looks pretty simple. Alltho that circuit board looks like it could have 1 more button on it but doesn't, im confused I just read every single page and there is none with same problem. Will look again in glovebox when I get home, since I didn't check left bottom side behind fusebox.
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-lci-fdc1_my_view.jpg  

Last edited by Blaz Bohnec; 08-14-2013 at 04:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
223inda335 (09-24-2022)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Blaz Bohnec
Ok I decided to post my problem, it is frustrating me since i took dash,etc apart 3rd time allready.

Area below CD player where DSC button is, has no LCI unit, only empty box with 1 chip connected to DSC button.

So I find out there is 2 different locations of lci unit, so I open glovebox and again, nothing as it is shown in picture LCI-FDC1.jpg in first post.

My car is 2004 e60 530d automatic from EU and it is not pre LCI i guess by the exterior photos i searched, it looks like LCI.

I hope you guys can help me, its frustrating me, maybe im wasting time since probably you guys post pictures from USA models? Im not sure what is the difference tbo, and im sorry if i missed some post, it is alot of pages

Thanks

You have a Pre-LCI car. You need to connect the wires to that plug you spoke of on the back of the box with the DSC button. Take a look at post #17 of this thread, 4th image down. You'll want to insert wires into plugs 8 and 10 of that connector, then run them to a "momentary switch" , mount it somewhere and you'll be all set.

Also see my post #59 and ones on the next page(posts 61 and 63) where I show the wires I used, from a PC fan, they worked well with the existing plug in the car
Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
You have a Pre-LCI car. You need to connect the wires to that plug you spoke of on the back of the box with the DSC button. Take a look at post #17 of this thread, 4th image down. You'll want to insert wires into plugs 8 and 10 of that connector, then run them to a "momentary switch" , mount it somewhere and you'll be all set.

Also see my post #59 and ones on the next page(posts 61 and 63) where I show the wires I used, from a PC fan, they worked well with the existing plug in the car
Thanks for reply, but I explained bad, everything is understandable where to put wires and how to make switch, the problem is my center console is nothing like you guys are showing on images.
Also I have DTC button not DSC, the one that on press restricts DSC partially and turn DSC off on hold, anyways, I will go make some photos so you guys see what i am talking about.

DTC connector I have is not the same you guys showing, I seems easy job to do, but in is frustrating me that i cant find this connector and my center console is totaly different.

Maybe to mention, my console has only DTC button on it. Will try to get some photos

Cheers
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Members

Yes, post some photos and i'm sure someone will know what you're dealing with
Old 08-14-2013, 09:21 AM
New Members

I think im done with this, just wasted again 3 hours found nothing tried connecting every possible way thro that small DTC connector and 0.

Here is album with pictures, hopefully anyone will have a clue if there is even fdc in my car.

ImageShack Album - 13 images
The following users liked this post:
223inda335 (09-24-2022)
Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Members

I think im done with this, just wasted again 3 hours found nothing tried connecting every possible way thro that small DTC connector and 0.

Here is album with pictures, hopefully anyone will have a clue if there is even fdc in my car.

ImageShack Album - 13 images
that definitely looks different than what I have in my 06'530i. It's not the plug that you have in your hand in the 3rd picture. The plug we're after looks like the one in the 2nd picture. The one with the gray locking mechanism...maybe you don't have it....dang
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 PM
KOC
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2016

Seems like it has only 4-pin X14057 (No. 2).....FDC (sport) needs to be activiated through X14056 (no.3).....
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-szm.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 11:11 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by KOC
Seems like it has only 4-pin X14057 (No. 2).....FDC (sport) needs to be activiated through X14056 (no.3).....
Wierd, specially because I didnt see anyone yet with similar problem. Does FDC get only signal from this X14056 to turn ON inside some other bigger unit all of this cables lead to?
Or is X14056 acctualy some sort of FDC ship?

Any idea? Confusing since everywhere writen all e60 got fdc,etc

ps. This DTC cable goes into bigger stack of cables somewhere toward glovebox and vanish, I can not see them from glovebox, they seem to go somewhere up the glovebox, maybe under hood?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM
KOC
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2016

Wierd, specially because I didnt see anyone yet with similar problem. Does FDC get only signal from this X14056 to turn ON inside some other bigger unit all of this cables lead to?
Or is X14056 acctualy some sort of FDC ship?

Any idea? Confusing since everywhere writen all e60 got fdc,etc

ps. This DTC cable goes into bigger stack of cables somewhere toward glovebox and vanish, I can not see them from glovebox, they seem to go somewhere up the glovebox, maybe under hood?
TIS says only X14056.....

BMW TIS. View the document
Old 08-15-2013, 02:32 AM
New Members

Any idea if there is option to buy FDC unit or upgrade? I think it would be crazy since car is remaped to 270hp and goes like rocket allready

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be