E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this mod. The usage of the pc clips sure did help. I grabbed mine off of a floppy power connector. Anyway.. I have active steering, sport pkg, dynamic drive and I noticed a good change in throttle response. However, I could barely notice the steering change. I'd say its worth the hours worth of work and is easy anyone can do it. Ill try to post pics of what I used later.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by QuadCam
behind the ashtray is for the early E60s. The LCI E60s won't have the connection there.......it should be behind the glovebox according to the picture in the original post.
This morning I decided to make Sport button modification to my e61 LCI but....
No centre console switch centre(SZM) behind glovebox !!! There is only Body-Gateway Module(KGM) and Basic Body Control Module(KBM).
Sport button should be connected directly to SZM... Now I'm very confused...
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-wiring.jpg   the way E60 was meant to be-centre_console_switch_cluster....jpg   the way E60 was meant to be-kbm-ja-kgm.jpg   the way E60 was meant to be-lci_e60.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
New Members

helmut,

I've been looking into this too. I noticed in other threads where guys have added the sport shifter to their E60 LCI, everything was just a simple plug in job. the shifter moduleplugged into the same hanress as the regular shifter. then the sport shift knob plugs into the sport shifter module, and also the sport switch plugs into the sport shifter module, too.

I bought the "sport" switch and the sport shifter trim bezel as I want to make this mod look original to the car. ONe thing I immediateyl noticed is the the stock shifter has a place to plug the sport switch into it. Their are no pins, though. I'm not sure if the wiring is in there or not,

So, it would seem that the wiring needed to accomplish adding the sport switch shoudl all be there.....just may need to splice into the something. I haven't taken apart the stock shifter though.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by QuadCam
helmut,

I've been looking into this too. I noticed in other threads where guys have added the sport shifter to their E60 LCI, everything was just a simple plug in job. the shifter moduleplugged into the same hanress as the regular shifter. then the sport shift knob plugs into the sport shifter module, and also the sport switch plugs into the sport shifter module, too.

I bought the "sport" switch and the sport shifter trim bezel as I want to make this mod look original to the car. ONe thing I immediateyl noticed is the the stock shifter has a place to plug the sport switch into it. Their are no pins, though. I'm not sure if the wiring is in there or not,

So, it would seem that the wiring needed to accomplish adding the sport switch shoudl all be there.....just may need to splice into the something. I haven't taken apart the stock shifter though.
Thank's QuadCam,

I have to buy that sport shifter
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Members

My Ride: remapped & modded E60 525d
Model Year: 2006

Anybody did this to a diesel engine with automatic transmission? Any differences?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 AM
New Members

My Ride: E91 335d

Originally Posted by thomassteen
A bit OT: anyone knows if this can be done on a E90? I tried lookng through WDS but could not find anything there.... Also tried Google of course - but no luck.
I would like to know this also.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Members

Hi guys,
today i was ready to make this mod, but i when i remove the central console i see that my central switch control is different, and has no X14056 plug. Only has X14057 (i send a picture of it)
I read all the entire post and i donīt find any other case like mine
Anyone knows where to find this plug in my car? itīs an 535d 05
Thank you very much.

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/privadas...2022408dtc.jpg
Old 02-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by thomassteen
A bit OT: anyone knows if this can be done on a E90? I tried lookng through WDS but could not find anything there.... Also tried Google of course - but no luck.
I don't see why not. the E90 and E60 are pretty much identical cars except body styling. Many of the electronics are exactly the same.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: E91 335d

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I don't see why not. the E90 and E60 are pretty much identical cars except body styling. Many of the electronics are exactly the same.
But as many control units and other electronics are different. For example e90 doesn't have this SZM-panel/ module what ever. It has of course similar panel in the same location and it has seat heater switches but DSC- button is elsewere and WDS doesn't say anything about any FDC or sport button. So it would be nice to know if someone have actually done this to e9x succesfully.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

Originally Posted by JP-76
But as many control units and other electronics are different. For example e90 doesn't have this SZM-panel/ module what ever. It has of course similar panel in the same location and it has seat heater switches but DSC- button is elsewere and WDS doesn't say anything about any FDC or sport button. So it would be nice to know if someone have actually done this to e9x succesfully.
Exactly - I found something on how to do it in a Z4 - there was a set of pins in the DME (as I recall it) which should be shorted to activate the function. But nothing mentioned on E90 - and WDS has no mention about FDC what so ever.... Maybe not possible.....

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be