E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d auto, Proffesional satnav, power tailgate, interior lights, auto dipping mirrors.

Thanks KOC, i will have a play and see what happens. Do you know what colour the lighting wire is??

Last edited by phillc; 01-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'm guessing this doesn't really have an effect on manual transmission models right?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by bmwm3gtr
So I'm guessing this doesn't really have an effect on manual transmission models right?
I noticed an improvent in the throttle lag. Can't say it did much to my steering though ('04 545i). Obviously shifting is in the hand (and foot) of the beholder.

I'd say it's worth it, except I discovered my CD player and iPod connector aren't working as of this morning (they both have power, but the iDrive skips them and I can't eject the CD inside). Not looking forward to taking apart the dash again.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by westsidebalto
I noticed an improvent in the throttle lag. Can't say it did much to my steering though ('04 545i). Obviously shifting is in the hand (and foot) of the beholder.

I'd say it's worth it, except I discovered my CD player and iPod connector aren't working as of this morning (they both have power, but the iDrive skips them and I can't eject the CD inside). Not looking forward to taking apart the dash again.
Haha yeah, I was suspecting it would be an augmentation in throttle and steering only based on what people said here. Maybe it is worth something, I noticed the throttle lag makes it harder for me to downshift efficiently in my 530i...

Anyway, good luck fixing that!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by bmwm3gtr
Anyway, good luck fixing that!
Rough morning. I took the car into the shop this morning where my snows were installed, because there was a balance issue on the front tires (installed just three weeks ago, which they totally botched).

When I was parking I grabbed a CD case I wanted to take to work, but it was empty. I assumed the CD was in the player and attempted to eject it. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had removed it three days ago. So yes, the eject button does not work when there is no CD loaded....

For whatever reason it couldn't "see" my iPod that was connected so I thought the whole thing was kaput.

Now I feel like a complete idiot, but my tires are balanced, everything works, and I'm another successful sport mode-er.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westsidebalto
Rough morning. I took the car into the shop this morning where my snows were installed, because there was a balance issue on the front tires (installed just three weeks ago, which they totally botched).

When I was parking I grabbed a CD case I wanted to take to work, but it was empty. I assumed the CD was in the player and attempted to eject it. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had removed it three days ago. So yes, the eject button does not work when there is no CD loaded....

For whatever reason it couldn't "see" my iPod that was connected so I thought the whole thing was kaput.

Now I feel like a complete idiot, but my tires are balanced, everything works, and I'm another successful sport mode-er.
Haha what a twist! But that's good to hear. Doesn't matter what happened, as long as everything is good
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Members

ok on mine it clears my current errors for leds in the idrive, until it hot checks again, unsure if it will clear engine errors like oil but it certainly wipes the ! off the cluster and the messages in the idrive,... seems a bit errrr, not sure if this is bad, it don't seem right, an technical explanation to put mind at rest is needed nothing happens wrong with the car and there is not hesitation in tickover if stationary and I turn it on or off nothing seems to have changed except the word sport but as others, I get better throttle and gear changes, no steering change. its pre lci, I haven't done any thing wrong, what you think guys?? can someone else go and see if they notice this!!drain the washer bottle or something lol

Last edited by matttytn2; 01-16-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: using mobile
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM
New Members

I've been searching some of the bmw oem parts sites.....

Has anyone found the factory harness that connects the "sport" button to the FDC plug on the computer? IS there such a harness? I was goign to order the sport button and the shifter trim for an LCI E60. I'd love to use oem wiring and plugs to make it totally plug n play.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I've been searching some of the bmw oem parts sites.....

Has anyone found the factory harness that connects the "sport" button to the FDC plug on the computer? IS there such a harness? I was goign to order the sport button and the shifter trim for an LCI E60. I'd love to use oem wiring and plugs to make it totally plug n play.
seems like if it was factory installed, you would just have the proper wires running from the button directly into the same existing harness that holds whatever wiring for buttons you have on that panel, i.e. DTC, seat heaters, etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
New Members

Cracker jack, the 2008+ cars (lci) apparently have the Fdc module somewhere near the glove box. That's why I was thinking there may be a separate harness for the "sport" button.

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be