E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@dj_rzn: I do not sense any major differences on my 535d. Maybe throttle response, but that's about it.

I did this mod a while back when I upgraded to the LCI shifter lever on my pre-lci. I bought the LCI sport shifter lever, plate and sport button. The button works correctly (back-light, green led lights on once pressed, and "sport" appears on the cluster).

Even if it doesn't work, looks really good
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-20130227_163057.jpg   the way E60 was meant to be-20130227_163106.jpg   the way E60 was meant to be-20130227_163049-copy-.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
New Members

zagato,

no difference is sterrign effort? what about when you press "sport" along with moving the shifter into manual mode? Any difference as compared to regualr manual mode?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM
KOC
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by zagato
@dj_rzn: I do not sense any major differences on my 535d. Maybe throttle response, but that's about it.

I did this mod a while back when I upgraded to the LCI shifter lever on my pre-lci. I bought the LCI sport shifter lever, plate and sport button. The button works correctly (back-light, green led lights on once pressed, and "sport" appears on the cluster).

Would you mind giving a little bit of detail on highlighted mod? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by QuadCam
zagato,

no difference is sterrign effort? what about when you press "sport" along with moving the shifter into manual mode? Any difference as compared to regualr manual mode?
Not really I think this mod is for gas powered cars and for cars equipped with active steering. I honestly do not feel any stiffness in steering.

Originally Posted by KOC
Would you mind giving a little bit of detail on highlighted mod? Thanks.
I will open a new topic in the mods section soon.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Members

My 2010 535i came factory equipped with SAT and paddles, and you can clearly feel the difference going from regular D to sport D to sport M. If all is working as it should, the steering/suspension kicks in when you push the Sport button in either D or M. I don't know if it's speed sensitive, but I seem to feel it more at higher speeds than lower speeds (effort, ratio, and feedback on the steering side, and body roll/compression on the suspension side). At low speeds, I can still feel it, but it is more subtle. However, the acceleration/throttle differences are not subtle at all. In D, Sport mode is more aggressive and throttle input much more sensitive, but it doesn't hold the rpms nearly as long before shifting. Sport M is more agressive still, has much more pronounced engine braking, and holds the RPMs much longer before shifting.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
KOC
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2016

Not really I think this mod is for gas powered cars and for cars equipped with active steering. I honestly do not feel any stiffness in steering.

I will open a new topic in the mods section soon.
LCI SAT shifter on Pre-LCI....can't wait to see.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by KOC
LCI SAT shifter on Pre-LCI....can't wait to see.
Check out MotiveMods.com. Also pm member schlurog.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: E91 335d

Originally Posted by thomassteen
Exactly - I found something on how to do it in a Z4 - there was a set of pins in the DME (as I recall it) which should be shorted to activate the function. But nothing mentioned on E90 - and WDS has no mention about FDC what so ever.... Maybe not possible.....
Actually, I found something regarding to FDC from COMBI-module so if there is a "aktiv/ nicht_aktiv"-setting for FDC in KOMBi, in theory you can atleast get the "Sport"-text in the dash. I have to look the other modules if there is anything about FDC, then if there is, I will get some clue where the right pins could be.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I think every bimmer is different. i have both DD, AS and pretty much fully loaded in the sport department. No difference in a anything. So I get the "sport" to show up on KOMBI...yay! But if i switch to tiptronic DS yes I do feel difference as I always have.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Did switching shifters require coding ?

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be