E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

some questions regarding buying an E60

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wynnsayz
I just hope I can find a 07 530i black on black with sports, premium, xenon, and navi. keyless entry and cold weather are great but not as important as formerly listed. But I doubt $30k will get me anything near in socal and norcal (yes im willing to fly to norcal and buy the car and drive it back to socal).
I just bought a 2007 530xi black/black 51k miles, 6 speed with sport, premium, cold weather, park distance, nav, logic 7, bluetooth, etc with a 4 year 42k mile warranty for just under $28k. The hard part for me was finding the color/option combination I wanted but you should be able to find one for under $30k.
BTW I bought it for the wife. She loves it.

Greg
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Two weeks go in Chicago I purchased a CPO 08 535i, 31k on odo, (w/ premium, sports, comfort, nav, heat, ipod, sat & shades) for $30k. Vehicle history show it was owned and maintained in Florida before being sold in September in Chicago. BMW dealer said she traded it in for a 3-series with x-drive. Only issue was that they had to replace battery because it drained from sitting inside the showroom with people getting in and out. Drove it 13-14 hours through the night to get it home.

Pic from when I picked it up and the original window sticker are attached.
Attached Thumbnails some questions regarding buying an E60-fields-bmw.jpg   some questions regarding buying an E60-window-sticker.jpg  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Two weeks go in Chicago I purchased a CPO 08 535i, 31k on odo, (w/ premium, sports, comfort, nav, heat, ipod, sat & shades) for $30k. Vehicle history show it was owned and maintained in Florida before being sold in September in Chicago. BMW dealer said she traded it in for a 3-series with x-drive. Only issue was that they had to replace battery because it drained from sitting inside the showroom with people getting in and out. Drove it 13-14 hours through the night to get it home.

Good deal, nice car. How long did you have to negotiate. 3 hours for me but I had a trade.

Greg
Old 12-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by betelgeuse
Good deal, nice car. How long did you have to negotiate. 3 hours for me but I had a trade.

Greg
3-4 days, but it was almost all over email. Actually the first salesman I spoke with wouldn't negotiate at all so I just called back and spoke with a different guy. I made sure to go by and say hello to the first guy when I picked it up!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Members

aww lucky you guys

I have yet to find a CPO 530i in cali with sports and/or color combination with a good price and mileage. It's getting depressing haha
Old 12-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wynnsayz
aww lucky you guys

I have yet to find a CPO 530i in cali with sports and/or color combination with a good price and mileage. It's getting depressing haha
Time to expand your search! My own was nationwide.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Members

lol i don't have think im capable of going to out of state to drive it back haha
Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed

good deal, the weird part about DFW is that the 535i's are all as expensive or more expensive than the 550i's.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Members

Do you guys suggest looking into pre-owned with two previous owners? I'm kind of scared....
Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

I just bought a one owner CPO 07 530i with 19,000 miles in super mint condition for $32,000 from BMW of Towson. I actively searched including calling dealers all over the country for almost 6 weeks until i found the car i liked. The color is Titanium Silver not our first choice but then again you don't have much choice when it comes down to a used car. However the car comes with options that most 530's even loaded one's don't have like,Night Vision,Head-up display,Heated rear seats,Sirius and HD radio.
Be very careful buying these cars from independent dealers. You might find a cheaper car there but then you never know what you end up getting. Spend a little more and buy from a reputable dealer pref BMW so that you have a recourse should things do go wrong.
Check Autotrader as KUNI BMW in CA has a nice certified 07 530i with 27,000 that can be had for $31,000. They have lowered the oprice from $34,990 to $32,990 so a little negotiation will make the deal for you.
Let me know if i could be of further help
These are great cars.

Quick Reply: some questions regarding buying an E60