E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

some questions regarding buying an E60

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

To put things in perspective do not get attached to year and millage and price you have to find a right car first with that i mean you might be able to find a cherry 545 whixh is older yes but if the car has been kept up well and babied then i would say defiantly 545 is the way to go.

Fuel consumption has a lot to do with power to weight ratio and yes the difference is 1 mpg????

Here how i approached it 2 months ago;

1. I decided Im still in love with the e60 and by the way this is my 3rd e60.
2. I researched and put a word out to couple of dealers.
3. I waited until BH BMWs called and said they have a cherry 2008 550.

I really didn't care what the car had in it,I cared about condition and the engine. As it turned out this was loaded up the kazoo i mean it had everything you can ask for, it seemed like someone checked every option in the book and ordered the car.

After some negotiating i got the car out the door for 45K of course i traded in my 2004 545 which i babied no not the white M5 as you see!

have in mind now days specially in so cal BMWs has special financing i think it is 0.9% which every 1000$ will add 10 to 15 dollars to your payment,something to think about there!

So what im saying is do research and look for the right car not the right year or model. All BMWs used cars are good cars in my experience but i would definitely get a extended warranty or CPO unfortunately BMW in general is not car you want to keep without CPO.

Hope this helped a little.....send me a messege if you want a hook up at the dealership.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by syrousd
After some negotiating i got the car out the door for 45K

.....send me a messege if you want a hook up at the dealership.
lol, sorry just had to laugh a little. you spent 45k on a 2008 and yet you get a hookup at the dealership?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

The car had 6000 miles on thats what i forgot to mention and that is with tax license out the door!

Hope this one doesnt make you laugh too much funny guy
Old 12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

The car had 6000 miles on thats what i forgot to mention and that is with tax license out the door.
sounds about the normal price to me?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Great....what point you trying to make...I looked for a while and it is not a normal price for the car in that condition. but you are entitled to your opinion.

Time for a bruski
Old 12-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

The car had 6000 miles on thats what i forgot to mention and that is with tax license out the door!

Hope this one doesnt make you laugh too much funny guy
for a M5? I would say that sucks... my poor cars value has hit a all time low. =(

"White M5 - Modified up the yazoo,too many things too list!"
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

BMW replaced 525 with the new 528 and 530 with the 535... I just bought an 07 530i myself and can relate what you are going thru right now. Here is how i narrowed down my list to a 2007 CPO 530i with 18,000 miles.
530i vs 528 vs 535:
The prices of cars differ greatly depending on the geographicl areas they are in.Low mileage,no story,well maintanied and well optioned cars would always demand premium.What one person paid for the car doesn't mean that's the going market. I want my cars to be perfect so i don't mind paying more for them and that's how i like them. Yes they are always expensive but then they are flawless as well. 530 has a bigger engine not to mention it also has lots more available options. Adding options to 528 meant getting into 535 price range so people ordered 535 instead.It's very hard to find a fully loaded 528. 535's are great cars and had this car not been for wife i would have taken a chance with 35.

Recommended Options:

Navigation....Makes the interior looks richer.
Cold weather package...With heated seats and the steering wheel,this option is a must for winter months.
Comfort access package...Start the car with out taking the key out of your pocket( Love this feature)
Sport Package...The car is not only lowered but also has sport seats (20 adjustments),sport suspension and 18" wheels giving the car 100% better stance and driving feel
Adaptive headlights...Xenons that turns when the sterring is turned.
Logic-7 sound system.... Day and night difference from the standard HIFI system

Mine also has Night Vision,Head-up display,front and back parking sensors,rear shades and rear heated seats.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Members

fast, thanks for the reply. I have never even thought about owning a BMW (tho I want to) because it's a rich person's car. Just because one can purchase the car doesn't mean he/she has the money to support it. All those options you listed are very much to my liking, but I doubt I can have those options on a 07 530i, given my budget is only $30k and 535i is just out of my range (unless it has like 90k miles in 2 years).

I just hope I can find a 07 530i black on black with sports, premium, xenon, and navi. keyless entry and cold weather are great but not as important as formerly listed. But I doubt $30k will get me anything near in socal and norcal (yes im willing to fly to norcal and buy the car and drive it back to socal).
Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
for a M5? I would say that sucks... my poor cars value has hit a all time low. =(

"White M5 - Modified up the yazoo,too many things too list!"
he said 2008 550 in his post though?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by wynnsayz
I just hope I can find a 07 530i black on black with sports, premium, xenon, and navi. keyless entry and cold weather are great but not as important as formerly listed. But I doubt $30k will get me anything near in socal and norcal (yes im willing to fly to norcal and buy the car and drive it back to socal).
I purchased an 07 530i CPO just under $30k out the door(46k miles, yes damn high compared to other CPOs in the price range) few months ago. Options: OEM M-tech kit/sports pkg/premium pkg/adaptive xenon/navi/pdc. I had to forgo the high mileage as the car had everything I wanted. Also came with brand new sets of tires.

BMW has special deals on 07 and 08 CPOs till Jan 3, 2011. You get to choose one.
1. $1,500 credit ($500/month max for 3 months)
2. 0.9% financing (i think 24 months)
3. free maintenance package (oil/brak pads/rotors) - think they charge $2,300 or so (rip off)

Depends on the cars you've owned, but IMO - you won't be disappointed by a 530i. Definitely, 535i is a fun car, but will be more expensive with all options. I was in your shoes few months ago. Good luck!

Quick Reply: some questions regarding buying an E60