E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Freaked out....how good is stock alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 530i alpine white......have 550 body kit, ac spoilers, 20 inch m5 replica rims, BOSH horns, dark tint....will add xenon fogs and paint the grill titanium silver =]

there are only two things messed up about bmws and e60 in general....the audio and sound system and the alarm....some fucker broke my right mirror completely at night and the alarm didn't do shit...got up in the morning and was fuckin pissed. a new mirror cost me 800 cuz it had that led, heated and all that crap. so ye fuck the bmw alarm....but if i see someone next to my car doin suspicious thing ima get my glock and blast that mofo.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by mookish
Second what you're saying about the e60 is to remove the integrated metal key and hand the valet guy just the fob? Um, that is not a valet key, that is the regular key, fob only, and the valet guy can just press the trunk release button on the fob and the trunk is wide open. That trick will work for the glove box, but not the trunk. Please post from the manual and prove me wrong.
No, he's right. As mentioned in a previous post, if you PHYSICALLY lock the trunk with the integrated key you CANNOT open it using the fob, the trunk release button, or by touching the trunk "handle". I always wondered why the rear seat fold down levers were inside the trunk - now I know.
Remove the key from the fob and the doors will still unlock and the car will still start. I tried this myself.

This trick won't work with the spare key since it has to be inserted into the fob adapter in order to be put in the ignition.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by pukka
No, he's right. As mentioned in a previous post, if you PHYSICALLY lock the trunk with the integrated key you CANNOT open it using the fob, the trunk release button, or by touching the trunk "handle". I always wondered why the rear seat fold down levers were inside the trunk - now I know.
Remove the key from the fob and the doors will still unlock and the car will still start. I tried this myself.

This trick won't work with the spare key since it has to be inserted into the fob adapter in order to be put in the ignition.
I guess I stand corrected, I just went out and tested this and the trunk will not open! With my e39, even if you physically locked the trunk, the fob would still open the trunk, I guess that's why there was a separate valet key. Sweet!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by mookish
I guess I stand corrected, I just went out and tested this and the trunk will not open! With my e39, even if you physically locked the trunk, the fob would still open the trunk, I guess that's why there was a separate valet key. Sweet!
I knew you'd eventually come around...

The E39 and the E60 are two different animals -- each with their own ways of accomplishing similar things. (I never even got into the way the E39 fold-down seats had individual locks on each release latch that you'd have to lock before your trunk was secure from the valets -- with the E60, they moved the release latches to the interior of the trunk. Now don't get me started about the security problem the ski pass through causes in the E60... )