E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:26 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='288029' date='May 26 2006, 10:13 PM
Don't think there is a lobang... cos the LTA would earn the full 110% ARF and GST and also COE...

The OMV is basically the cost of the car from the manufacturer + freight charges....

Question is would BMWAsia be willing to give the warranty ... of the basic 2 years (3rd year is given by PML).... Also...BMWAsia doesn't really have a workshop... so I guess we still go to PML? ( )

This shows how much the "exclusive distributor" earns... between 50-70k on a typical 200+K car... and to think that we suffer the service lapse...
true, for warranty we have to go back to PML. Under international warranty, PML or BMW asia has to bear the costs. But they will give the lowest priority for parts change.
What if BMW Asia accepted (certified) the warranty parts and we can connect with BMW USA to claim, replace the part and return to them. i am confident this can be done.
I shall check with my USA counterpart what needed to be done prior to export and warranty issues.
Maybe we need our Big Brother Edlee to help us check on BMW Asia and PML in warranty, if there are any issues we are not aware of.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:27 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='288032' date='May 26 2006, 10:24 PM
i guess resale value is a problem.
isn't it our resale value is nowhere near good?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288033' date='May 26 2006, 10:26 PM
true, for warranty we have to go back to PML. Under international warranty, PML or BMW asia has to bear the costs. But they will give the lowest priority for parts change.
What if BMW Asia accepted (certified) the warranty parts and we can connect with BMW USA to claim, replace the part and return to them. i am confident this can be done.
I shall check with my USA counterpart what needed to be done prior to export and warranty issues.
Maybe we need our Big Brother Edlee to help us check on BMW Asia and PML in warranty, if there are any issues we are not aware of.
Sound exciting!!!

I read somewhere in this forum that someone did just that before... and BMWAsia was willing to provide the international warranty... I think so long as we are not doing this "for profit"... and going against PML's exclusivity... it should fly...

The same thing with MB... the PIs were able to import MBs eventhough C&C is the exclusive distributor. The Sales there just tried to smoke me saying those PI MBs are not "tropicalised" and "will have difficulty getting the electronic keys matched should we need a spare"... complete BS if you ask me...

Our motivation I guess is really the high handedness of PML... how their aftersales service (or rather lack of) sucks... and we love our UDM too much...

Let's see what Chief Edlee says....
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288035' date='May 26 2006, 10:27 PM
isn't it our resale value is nowhere near good?
Our resale value has certainly been hurt in the last 2 years by PML's slashing of prices for the entry model.... and offering those Aerospace and IMF cars... :thumbsdown:
Old 05-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

let's go! i want an x5
Old 05-26-2006, 06:56 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='288040' date='May 26 2006, 10:53 PM
Our resale value has certainly been hurt in the last 2 years by PML's slashing of prices for the entry model.... and offering those Aerospace and IMF cars... :thumbsdown:
wah 33..,, you really dislike PML hor?
But you got truth in this statement though. i agree.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:59 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='288041' date='May 26 2006, 10:54 PM
let's go! i want an x5
haha! i am waiting for you say this only....hmmm.. pack 6 cars in a trailer transporter. push it up to a freighter...all the way to singapore in 45 days! by sea of course.
i ever heard my friend telling me that he ever ship 3 760li from Florida to Shengyang by a 747 frieghter. oooh! $$$$!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288042' date='May 26 2006, 10:56 PM
wah 33..,, you really dislike PML hor?
But you got truth in this statement though. i agree.
I only had 3 cars in the last 12 years...

My first was a Hyundai Elantra, and a weekend car to boot...cos still a student and this was the only thing I could afford. The ride is so so, but the service at Komoco was EXCELLENT.

e.g. I merely remarked that my ride seems to scratch against certain HDB carpark kerb (should I ever park head in - which I rarely do so)... The CSA offered to solve this feedback by changing all my suspension to a slightly higher ones - at no charge. I didn't even ask for it!

e.g. After each servicing, should there be any parts change (e.g. air filter) or engine oil change, they would leave the old parts in the new part's original box and leave it in the car, including the empty engine oil can. Just to prove that I paid for these and not just some "work done" and having no clue what they were. Depending on the engine oil which they carry, and if there was some promotion at the petrol station on these brands on giving freebies.... they will also have the same promotion. We never get short changed.

e.g. They have a free shuttle bus to fetch you to the Queenstown MRT from their Alexandra workshop, for people who prefer not to have a cab ride.

Constrast that with PML:

e.g. we complain on issues and they use tapes or claim their adjusted it and hopefully the panacea works.

e.g. we get a list of items they changed and we never get to see if these were indeed done or necessary. In fact, I don't recall we were encourage to bring in our own engine oil.

e.g. they never even offered to provide taxi claim vouchers when we do a warranty claim, especially after repeated claims on the same issue... wasting our time and money.

BMW is certainly an UDM.... but the service is going downhill..... and the guys at BMWAsia didn't seem to care about this.... when they should be mindful of the brand equity and customer feedback....
Old 05-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288043' date='May 26 2006, 10:59 PM
haha! i am waiting for you say this only....hmmm.. pack 6 cars in a trailer transporter. push it up to a freighter...all the way to singapore in 45 days! by sea of course.
i ever heard my friend telling me that he ever ship 3 760li from Florida to Shengyang by a 747 frieghter. oooh! $$$$!
since save so much, fly over there, take delivery, drive it for holiday.. then put it in freighter can anot? :0 hahah anything wrong can still bring back to dealer there.

but x5 and z4 is delivered in usa isnt it? e60 is germany.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:27 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='288047' date='May 26 2006, 11:10 PM
since save so much, fly over there, take delivery, drive it for holiday.. then put it in freighter can anot? :0 hahah anything wrong can still bring back to dealer there.

but x5 and z4 is delivered in usa isnt it? e60 is germany.
if this thingy can happen, we shall have a GTG over there and drive our rides to our hearts content ah!
either model, be it X5, Z4 or E60, i am game for both coutnries.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans