E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1628' post='193722
Hi guys!

Thanks for the re-assuring replies. BTW, what is the DS mode? I have yet to read the manuals and have been driving the car in D mode since delivery.

Edlee; Wing Flaps? You have to help me here. What is that? You are also correct with the fogging of headlights. Only the right headlights fog up and goes away quite quickly especially when the headlamps are turned on. As I have mentioned, I sent it to PML and after checking, they reassured me that this was normal. Regarding 4D, only Starters but since it was the first day after taking delivery, my bet was big enough to bag me a few thousand. Wished it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Nonetheless, a good omen.

hi...i m toto..but i never strike b4..heck i dun even buy...u wanna take over my nickname? i sell it...

ok...DS mode shifts gears later n it basically tunes the electronics to a more aggressive setting...it still starts on gear 2 though. for max acceleration...push to DS n downshift to M1...n u will take off like a bat out of hell...dun even hv to change gears up..the car will auto upshift when max revs are reached. but i warn u, thats not the fastest way to drive...u need to know where ur peak torque is for each gear...upshift manually at th epeak torque for fastest sprints. lets all meet at the next bmw-sg meet up in kallang..last sunday 430pm at kallang macdonals car park...good to c new faces...maybe this time we can convoy in together...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Likewise toto.... I am not a gambler too! Just bought 4D because of new car. Anyway, I just want to add that you guys in the Forum are a really helpful bunch. Hope to see you guys at the next meet-up; hopefully can get more tips on E60.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='195943' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:19 AM
Wing Flaps?
Ha ha!!! GOTCHA!!!

BMWs have got the roundels on the bonnet. This blue/white roundel signifies the aeroplane's propellars. So get optional wings fitted and you'll be able to fly!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

[QUOTE=Edlee;196088]
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='195943' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:19 AM
Wing Flaps?
Ha ha!!! GOTCHA!!!

Good one edlee! Dont think I need this option though; better to keep ride on the ground..
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='194602' date='Nov 7 2005, 10:42 PM
Hi all,

My ride has for some time been emitting very strange smell from the exhaust, something like burning plastic and yet sometimes like there's sulphur burning

My suspicion is centred on the catalytic converter. Drove into PML today and was scheduled to have a thorough check up 10 days later. Meanwhile, the car is a little more sluggish and this is making me more heavy-footed, I guess that's why the mileage drops as I have reported previously.

Anybody with the strange phenomenom?

Before you send it in take a look under the car where the cat converter is. You should see a melted plastic bag which has fused itself to your hot exhaust. You may remove it by hand first to prevent further smells.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by BoneDoc' post='195682
- Whenever I come to a complete stop, I feel a slight jerk after a second. It feels like the car is downshifing. If this is the case, why the one second delay?
I had this in D mode when I first got the car. After a few weeks, it went away as the transmission adapted to my driving. I still have it in the DS mode just as I come to a stop. The gears shift down as I slow down. It is most obvious when slowing down while going up a slight slope.

Does any one know if the DS mode also adapts to your driving style?
[/quote]

also happens when i go up a slope & the tranny cant find a good gear esp at low speeds & it would shift up & down. this is solved by being a bit more heavy footed or push tranny to DS

i find it irritating as the exit road from my place is a slope
Old 11-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Members

Hey guys, my friend is asking me where to buy the M aero kit at a cheaper rate. How much is it? Also, he curb his wheel and slide skirt few days ago. Anybody can recommend a reliable spray painter for him? Approx. how much for that job? thanks.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Just and update.
I happened to come across this bulb.

so i thought i'd try to get the LED licence plate lights for my car

of course the diagnostics fails when you swap these led bulb with your original bulb. So I did some quick wiring to have the original bulb running in parallel with the led bulb. There's alot of room in the recess behind so i just chuck the bulb to light up inside. so far its been running for about 1 day. no obvious problems.

the leds blink on and off during the diagnostics (when you turn the key to on).

see video
http://www.bugabooinc.com/bmw/video/1952.html

sorry poor quality pics. its grabbed from the video actually. didnt take any pics yet.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The blinking of the LED is cool looks like disco very techno.

Can you post some pics also on how did you install two bulb in one socket, many thanks!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='197195' date='Nov 12 2005, 10:53 AM
Just and update.
I happened to come across this bulb.

so i thought i'd try to get the LED licence plate lights for my car

of course the diagnostics fails when you swap these led bulb with your original bulb. So I did some quick wiring to have the original bulb running in parallel with the led bulb. There's alot of room in the recess behind so i just chuck the bulb to light up inside. so far its been running for about 1 day. no obvious problems.

the leds blink on and off during the diagnostics (when you turn the key to on).

see video
http://www.bugabooinc.com/bmw/video/1952.html

sorry poor quality pics. its grabbed from the video actually. didnt take any pics yet.

your blinking is really disco-like. Mine blinked at a much lower rate of 0.5s.

I now think the car has much more intelligence when it comes to this.

BTW where did you get the bulbs?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans