E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard the camera can't snap if its above 250Km/h. Please let us know if its indeed true.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='260592' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:32 PM
WHAT? 273km/hr? Phew, good thing I didn't make it. Else, you will be back in Singapore before I even reach Malacca. Ha!

I can just imagine all the other cars you zoomed by. So, got caught with a speed trap? Guess the feeling of the sheer speed was worth whatever speeding tickets that come your way. Bet its a small price to pay for the pleasure you get.

Aiyah! Don't you guys worry for him la! His M6 have got some "6th" sense in it, it knows when to slow down one! right Ed?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

There were 2 X 320, 1 X E39/525 and Zag's 530 besides myself. Unfortunately the other 2 M3s did not come along. The usual suspects, namely Russo and myself had to feed the policemen's families breakfast just after the first toll. Thereafter it was a free flowing drive all the way to Malacca.

Of course I did not drive at that speed throughout the journey; unwise to do that to such a new car especially when the mileage is only approx 6K. It was good fun but unfortunately there were no adhoc challengers along the way.

I am hoping the next time anyone plans for such a trip, there will be more cars coming along.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='260610' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:52 PM
I heard the camera can't snap if its above 250Km/h. Please let us know if its indeed true.
But still the car must go 240, 241...249 before reaching 273kmh, right?

Hi Tategoi,

you must be keeping some good kois. Mind sharing about your hobby?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='260631' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:18 AM
Aiyah! Don't you guys worry for him la! His M6 have got some "6th" sense in it, it knows when to slow down one! right Ed?
yo,

was the 6th sense effective

those cars that got whizzed pass must have felt stationary to the m6.
ed do you have balls of steel???

i will be going up to genting real soon.is it safe to do so i am a tad concerned where to park over night.please avise.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='260685' date='Mar 27 2006, 11:40 PM
yo,

was the 6th sense effective.i want to learn that skill too.pm me i want to learn.

those cars that got whizzed pass must have felt stationary to the m6.
ed do you have balls of steel???

i will be going up to genting real soon.is it safe to do so i am a tad concerned where to park over night.please avise.
The sixth sense is as effective as your own alertness. There are quite afew training products available in the USA.
The policemen who stopped Russo and myself were using their tummys to estimate our speeds. All they said were "fast car; going very fast" no indication of speed, etc.
Frankly, I'm not boasting but really, I passed alot of cars with great ease. Balls of steel? Well, yes, when the adrenalin is flowing, but when you're back home and begin thinking about it, its really STUPID and RECKLESS!!! A friend from .sg who was with us took a short video of the M overtaking and it really was impressive - actually his co driver took it. He was clocking almost 200Km/h and the M passed him and the other cars effortlessly.
Even our friend Zag was impressed and that in itself speaks volumes.
Parking up at Genting is okay. Just do not wonder down for makan in your car because that is where the danger is.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:58 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='260702' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:17 AM
The sixth sense is as effective as your own alertness. There are quite afew training products available in the USA.
The policemen who stopped Russo and myself were using their tummys to estimate our speeds. All they said were "fast car; going very fast" no indication of speed, etc.
Frankly, I'm not boasting but really, I passed alot of cars with great ease. Balls of steel? Well, yes, when the adrenalin is flowing, but when you're back home and begin thinking about it, its really STUPID and RECKLESS!!! A friend from .sg who was with us took a short video of the M overtaking and it really was impressive - actually his co driver took it. He was clocking almost 200Km/h and the M passed him and the other cars effortlessly.
Even our friend Zag was impressed and that in itself speaks volumes.
Parking up at Genting is okay. Just do not wonder down for makan in your car because that is where the danger is.

ed.. you are right on the stunt you did on me... i was already at 230 and struggling to pick up every single kph on the fast lane and 150 meters away in front was a truck doing 90 on my left ... here you came from my left gunning thru the opening. Wow.. 500hp is awesome to pull one of those. At 230... my ride is breathless to do any serious overtaking of another doing same speed. Hat off the awesome M power!

anyway it was a fun drive but really not to mention your M, i didn't find any adhoc or meaningful challenges along the way too.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Members

Anyone game all the way to Penang next time?

Standard precaution. The probability of getting speed trap just after toll and before joining the NS highway is extremely high, both going in and coming back. That is the most popular hunt for hungry policemen.

There after, the coast is clear until about 160km marking and near Malacca exit point. At least that was my past experience when driving back and foth KL quite often.

Judging by the speed you guys are going, I feel I am just learning how to walk. I feel comfortable going at 200 but anything above I get a little tense already. I guess being in the driver seat is not as scary as passengers watching the scenery around them going blurred...

In anycase, it sure sounds fun going in convoy. Must be an awesome sight to see a row of Bimmers zooming past. Wooohooo...
Old 03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='260750' date='Mar 28 2006, 01:47 AM
Anyone game all the way to Penang next time?
Penang is a little far. Genting is much nearer if you ask me.

It'd be nice if we can all cruise at between 180 - 200Km/h for a change and enjoy the drive up. Only then can we really enjoy the scenery, etc. Maybe during the next school holidays? Drive up, stay for a day or two before proceeding back home?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='260765' date='Mar 28 2006, 02:15 AM
Penang is a little far. Genting is much nearer if you ask me.

It'd be nice if we can all cruise at between 180 - 200Km/h for a change and enjoy the drive up. Only then can we really enjoy the scenery, etc. Maybe during the next school holidays? Drive up, stay for a day or two before proceeding back home?
180kph? you sure?
my humble 520i can catch up....

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans