E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Edlee, are you going for the Track Day thingy? I may be interested in going if there are still spaces available.

Anyway, really thankful for Russo and your help. Unfortunately i had to pay more for the labor work. But they got it out and did a very good job on it. Thanks once again, and hope to see you guys soon again.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Members

Yeeha! Finally got my e60 523 delivered yesterday at bukit timah.
The handover process was a glorious one! However when I got home and was poring over the car, I left my car keys in the ignition and I got locked out! I didn't think I was rude to it or anything! The sales person (Jasmine Tan), was very careful to make sure the "lock doors if not opened" option was not activated and I saw this with my own eyes.

Called the BMW emergency service and they told me I may have to get the front windshield removed! Got a shock and shock slowly solidified to frustration and frustration fermented to controlled anger! They called a locksmith over after a 2 hour wait (because the locksmith was trying to unlock another e60!).
After trying some James Bond gadgetry, he tried the pincer and digger routine, which he says will take some 2 hours to undo. I asked him if he had an alternative method, and he told me if I mind the "Air Jack" method, which he assured me would not damage my car. Two pieces of inflatable fabric with pumps were slid through the top and side of the door, and gently pried open with the inflated fabric enough to allow a thin rod to go through the crevice to hit the central door lock button. Viola, it was over in 2 mins!

He mentioned that this is the 3rd e60 he had to unlock. I think there's something wrong with the program a la v. 17? Cost $200 which PML agreed to pay.
btw, my car's eyebrows are lit, something which I checked before driving off the showroom.

Anyone with similar stories? A memorable start to proud ownership of the e60! Love the car! I'm about to leave to smother the babe with at least 3 coats of Zaino Brothers Z2! (Will remember to take the keys out now!)
Old 07-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Jul 16 2005, 06:06 PM
Yeeha!? Finally got my e60 523 delivered yesterday at bukit timah.
The handover process was a glorious one!? However when I got home and was poring over the car, I left my car keys in the ignition and I got locked out!? I didn't think I was rude to it or anything!? The sales person (Jasmine Tan), was very careful to make sure the "lock doors if not opened" option was not activated and I saw this with my own eyes.?

Called the BMW emergency service and they told me I may have to get the front windshield removed!? Got a shock and shock slowly solidified to frustration and frustration fermented to controlled anger!? They called a locksmith over after a 2 hour wait (because the locksmith was trying to unlock another e60!).?
After trying some James Bond gadgetry, he tried the pincer and digger routine, which he says will take some 2 hours to undo.? I asked him if he had an alternative method, and he told me if I mind the "Air Jack" method, which he assured me would not damage my car.? Two pieces of inflatable fabric with pumps were slid through the top and side of the door, and gently pried open with the inflated fabric enough to allow a thin rod to go through the crevice to hit the central door lock button.? Viola, it was over in 2 mins!?

He mentioned that this is the 3rd e60 he had to unlock.? I think there's something wrong with the program a la v. 17?? Cost $200 which PML agreed to pay.
btw, my car's eyebrows are lit, something which I checked before driving off the showroom.?

Anyone with similar stories?? A memorable start to proud ownership of the e60!? Love the car!? I'm about to leave to smother the babe with at least 3 coats of Zaino Brothers Z2!? (Will remember to take the keys out now!)
[snapback]149849[/snapback]
oh my gawd!!! u locked all ur 3 keys inside???
Old 07-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Senior Members

valvetronic, congrats on the new ride. Please post some pics after the 3 coats of Zaino, should be awesome

at some point you'll want to consider tuning up your 523i. That de-tuned 2.5l is just screaming to be let loose
Old 07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Jul 16 2005, 07:06 PM
The handover process was a glorious one!? However when I got home and was poring over the car, I left my car keys in the ignition and I got locked out!? I didn't think I was rude to it or anything!? The sales person (Jasmine Tan), was very careful to make sure the "lock doors if not opened" option was not activated and I saw this with my own eyes.?

Called the BMW emergency service and they told me I may have to get the front windshield removed!? Got a shock and shock slowly solidified to frustration and frustration fermented to controlled anger!? They called a locksmith over after a 2 hour wait (because the locksmith was trying to unlock another e60!).?
After trying some James Bond gadgetry, he tried the pincer and digger routine, which he says will take some 2 hours to undo.? I asked him if he had an alternative method, and he told me if I mind the "Air Jack" method, which he assured me would not damage my car.? Two pieces of inflatable fabric with pumps were slid through the top and side of the door, and gently pried open with the inflated fabric enough to allow a thin rod to go through the crevice to hit the central door lock button.? Viola, it was over in 2 mins!?

How did your door got locked? By itself after you leave the car , just like what was reported in the ST a few months ago where he had to break the window to get his child out ?
He mentioned that this is the 3rd e60 he had to unlock.? I think there's something wrong with the program a la v. 17?? Cost $200 which PML agreed to pay.
btw, my car's eyebrows are lit, something which I checked before driving off the showroom.?

Anyone with similar stories?? A memorable start to proud ownership of the e60!? Love the car!? I'm about to leave to smother the babe with at least 3 coats of Zaino Brothers Z2!? (Will remember to take the keys out now!)
Old 07-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

I'll be going for the PML track day, anyone else wants to go?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Jul 16 2005, 06:06 PM

Oh yeah. Jasmine was telling me about this incident. She was checking if any of our forum members faced the same problem as you. Fortunately its the first time I've heard of this. Could it have been your bad timing in depressing the central locking and unlocking the car via the door handle? If you had unlocked via the door handle (the first pulling action) and then press the central lock button, then you may inevidently caused your own mishap. The central lock does not activate till you have slammed your door shut.

Anyway, off with the bad and in with the good. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your ride. Congrats!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jul 17 2005, 03:46 AM
[snapback]149956[/snapback]
Thought of, but I've got no track experience. So I'll have to give it a miss until I've completed the intensive. Don't want to have to follow the tow truck back!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jul 17 2005, 05:46 PM
[snapback]149956[/snapback]
I want. But only next week then I will only know if I can avail myself on that day. Hopefully it is still available. Perhaps I'd enjoy the drive up and hotel stay more than the track activities
Old 07-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Members

edlee,

Tried to re-created the situation, but couldn't. You might be right about a bad timing problem. I remember hitting the central lock and opened the door and almost at the same time. I then heard some mechanical locking sound right after, but didn't think much of it. Closed the door but can't recall if it was already locked or locked after the door closed.

Anyway, very gracious of PML to give me the benefit of the doubt. Will be bringing her in to get her checked out, but doubt if they can find anything.

Great service from JT. Was treated like royalty!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans