E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Website online again. Members who want to check their Malaysian fines, pls do so before they shut down again.

http://www.rilek.com.my/pdrm/catcha/catcha..._user&loc=en_US
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Mar 28 2005, 11:12 PM
Website online again.? Members who want to check their Malaysian fines, pls do so before they shut down again.

http://www.rilek.com.my/pdrm/catcha/catcha..._user&loc=en_US
[snapback]107791[/snapback]

so far so good. Prob my ride was too fast for them to snap.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

ok you'all e60 fans, here is the final final design. no more violent objections after this. Actual size is bigger on screen...
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-e60netdecal.jpg  
Old 03-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

In the Straits Times today...

Father smashes BMW to rescue kids

By Christopher Tan
SENIOR CORRESPONDENT

MOST cars can be opened from the inside when locked. Ship broker He Yi Yong found out two Sundays ago that BMWs are not among them when he accidentally locked his two young children in his.

He also realised he had absent-mindedly left the key in the boot of 520i.

The youngsters, a 12-year-old girl and her 10-year-old brother, tried the lever for the boot, the ones for the doors, the window buttons and the central lock - to no avail.

Mr He called a friend to get the spare key, but while they waited for it, the children panicked, as the car, which had been in the sun all afternoon, got stuffier.

Suddenly a feature touted as a security plus had turned into what Mr He described as 'a deadly design fault'.

BMW says the feature has been in all its cars since the mid-1980s to prevent intruders from opening the vehicle doors or boot, even if the windows are smashed.

Mr He eventually resorted to kicking in his windscreen as he thought his daughter was suffocating.

'She was getting hysterical,' he said.

Volkswagens and Audis have the anti-theft feature too. But in just about all other makes, including luxury ones like Lexus and Volvo, locked doors can be opened from the inside. Some even have boots that can be opened from the inside.

'It's a safety feature to prevent people from being locked in a car,' a Mercedes-Benz spokesman explained.

BMW said there should be no fear of being trapped in a car as long as the key is inside. And in a crash, the doors automatically unlock.

'The incidence of attempted theft is much higher than cases of people being trapped in a car,' a spokesman said.

'We've not come across any case like this one or had any complaints about our anti-theft device.'

The Automobile Association of Singapore said that, at most, it gets about one call a month from motorists who are locked out of their cars.

But Mr He is not convinced. He is so upset, he does not want the $170,000 car anymore.

'My children and I were totally traumatised,' he said.

----------

Well, BMW is not for everyone.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

Because of the low quantity I'll be printing and due to the fact that it'll be a full colored print, the cost per decal will come up to $5 after my subsidy.

If everyone is ok with the cost then I'll send it up to the printer.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

Hehe, my number also not listed in the billboard. Hopefully its not a case of they are too slow to update.

Russo, just wanna confirm that the decal is showing full headlight rather than cutting off the curvy part. I am OK for either one, although I find that the empty spaces on both sides are too big.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Mar 29 2005, 08:35 AM
In the Straits Times today...

Father smashes BMW to rescue kids

By Christopher Tan
SENIOR CORRESPONDENT

MOST cars can be opened from the inside when locked. Ship broker He Yi Yong found out two Sundays ago that BMWs are not among them when he accidentally locked his two young children in his.

He also realised he had absent-mindedly left the key in the boot of 520i.

The youngsters, a 12-year-old girl and her 10-year-old brother, tried the lever for the boot, the ones for the doors, the window buttons and the central lock - to no avail.

Mr He called a friend to get the spare key, but while they waited for it, the children panicked, as the car, which had been in the sun all afternoon, got stuffier.

Suddenly a feature touted as a security plus had turned into what Mr He described as 'a deadly design fault'.

BMW says the feature has been in all its cars since the mid-1980s to prevent intruders from opening the vehicle doors or boot, even if the windows are smashed.

Mr He eventually resorted to kicking in his windscreen as he thought his daughter was suffocating.

'She was getting hysterical,' he said.

Volkswagens and Audis have the anti-theft feature too. But in just about all other makes, including luxury ones like Lexus and Volvo, locked doors can be opened from the inside. Some even have boots that can be opened from the inside.

'It's a safety feature to prevent people from being locked in a car,' a Mercedes-Benz spokesman explained.

BMW said there should be no fear of being trapped in a car as long as the key is inside. And in a crash, the doors automatically unlock.

'The incidence of attempted theft is much higher than cases of people being trapped in a car,' a spokesman said.

'We've not come across any case like this one or had any complaints about our anti-theft device.'

The Automobile Association of Singapore said that, at most, it gets about one call a month from motorists who are locked out of their cars.

But Mr He is not convinced. He is so upset, he does not want the $170,000 car anymore.

'My children and I were totally traumatised,' he said.

----------

Well, BMW is not for everyone.?
[snapback]107976[/snapback]

Something tells me that the report is deliberately put on the front page by the owner. Freaking incident was 2 Sundays ago! Isn't the front page for the latest news?

And it was his fault that he left the key in the boot. Why would anyone lock the kids in the car in the first place?

From the pic, looks like an E39 520i Executive model.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Members

russo, very nice. Where and when can I buy it?

Originally Posted by russo' date='Mar 28 2005, 11:16 AM
ok you'all e60 fans, here is the final final design. no more violent objections after this. Actual size is bigger on screen...
[snapback]107814[/snapback]
Old 03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by russo' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:44 PM
Because of the low quantity I'll be printing and due to the fact that it'll be a full colored print, the cost per decal will come up to $5 after my subsidy.

If everyone is ok with the cost then I'll send it up to the printer.?
[snapback]107979[/snapback]
Looks good.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Mar 29 2005, 08:45 AM
Hehe, my number also not listed in the billboard. Hopefully its not a case of they are too slow to update.

Russo, just wanna confirm that the decal is showing full headlight rather than cutting off the curvy part. I am OK for either one, although I find that the empty spaces on both sides are too big.
[snapback]107980[/snapback]

Slight changes tategoi. No doubt the full headlights are nicer, but if you look at the pic again, the curving side of the decal that cuts the corner of the headlights make it look like a 1 series headlight and not a 5.

The full pic of the headlight would let people know straightaway that this is an e60 headlight, no questions about it. As for the empty spaces on the sides, we'll leave it as it looks cleaner that way.

And for BCM members such as tategoi, edlee, zag, dindae, the decals will be FOC for you guys.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans