E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 08:04 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Feb 18 2005, 09:46 AM
[quote name='Junior' date='Feb 17 2005, 05:55 PM']Has anyone had his car damaged by PML during servicing? Got my car back from the workshop and found out they curbed my rims.. Highlighted to the CSA and he said PML has to investigate before anything can be done.. It's been 2 weeks and I've yet to hear from them...

Anyone can recommend a course of action?

Thanks!
[snapback]91494[/snapback]
Alexandra? I see the way they park the cars there; it's scary.
[snapback]91577[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not sure what you did when you discovered the damage. But I think what you need to do is NOT to take collection of your car, summon the Service Manager to the spot and ask him what he got to say about this and request immediate resolution on the spot. Don't let him leave till he gave a good resolution. If not summon Simon Rock for that matter coz he has to see this for himself.
Investigation is bullshit.
CSA will be pointing fingers to foreman technician to runners "drivers".
You are aware that when you hand in the car, they are supposed to mark nicks and dents accordingly on the work order form that you signed.

I have been going to no workshop other than Alexandra. I hold my breath everytime i come to pick up my car. I always reminded my CSA (as if it would help) to let the workshop chaps know to take special care and i have told him about your previous horror stories.

By the way, just stopped by PML Alexandra to have my right fender indicator replaced for broken catch. No question asked for the replacement coz according to my CSA, the broken/loose fender indicator has been common on e60. Duh!

Edlee, saw you walking towards IKEA with Friend having very "serious" discussion when I drove off the premise this afternoon!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Senior Members

Yes, I was there. We had lunch at Delifrance opp and spoke much regarding my problems with certain persons and problems that PML are facing. PML's Mr Friend was very frank with me about their problems and has indicated that they are now in the process of introducing a QC dept which will concentrate solely on QC and nothing else. This will be very useful in eliminating small dink and rim scuffing problems plus ensuring the reason why our car was sent in for is rectified. Very promising. As of now, my problem with PML in general is a thing of the past.

Not much I can mention here. Will speak with you guys more about this saga and its unexpected ending tomorrow when we meet.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it for tomorrow's meetup. I will definitely miss out on the inputs for the decal and also Edlee's PML story - it really amazed me how Edlee's tone has turned 360.

lmk, welcome! That's another kaki for our E60 family.

Junior, sorry to hear your ride getting curbed at PML(A); Zag is right that you shouldn't have taken your ride out until somebody "on top" acknowledge the damage, now they will pass the monkey around and act blur.

BMW530, glad to learn that you are back on the forum upon returning to UK. You may want to post pixs of your ride and if one fits the angle of those shots that I have taken, I may just super-impose yours in for the fun of it.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

Olivin, don't blame you for your amazement. You'll be even more amazed tomorrow (should you somehow manage to turn up) how I intend to group all of us together and deal with future problems and how I will personally assist our members in future. Like I mentioned earlier on - can't let the cat out of the bag - I know for a fact that PML guys lurk around here.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Edlee, looks like I would have to buy you coffee another day to hear your good strategy
Old 02-18-2005, 06:06 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Feb 18 2005, 10:53 PM
Edlee, looks like I would have to buy you coffee another day to hear your good strategy
[snapback]91747[/snapback]
Edlee, glad that you volunteer to help us! thanks!
hmmm...must buy coffee next time i see u!

i can't make it to the meet tomorrow, with visitors and my will still be with the ICE installer. can;t finish today. sigh.....
Old 02-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Feb 18 2005, 11:06 PM
i can't make it to the meet tomorrow, with visitors and my will still be with the ICE installer. can;t finish today. sigh.....?
[snapback]91750[/snapback]
LMK, just curious, who is your installer?

Looks like the count is still 5.

Junior, I hope you could turn up with Andy. Anyway PML (EC) curbed my rear left rim as well when I sent it in for software upgrade. But the damage was on my repaired rim, I just let them go.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Feb 19 2005, 03:09 AM
[quote name='lmk' date='Feb 18 2005, 11:06 PM']i can't make it to the meet tomorrow, with visitors and my will still be with the ICE installer. can;t finish today. sigh.....?
[snapback]91750[/snapback]
LMK, just curious, who is your installer?

Looks like the count is still 5.

Junior, I hope you could turn up with Andy. Anyway PML (EC) curbed my rear left rim as well when I sent it in for software upgrade. But the damage was on my repaired rim, I just let them go.
[snapback]91846[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ah Ming in JL Sim Lim. who is yours? TYE?
Old 02-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Members

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the inputs.. I recieved a call from my CSA yesterday evening(PML EC).. I will be bringing my car in for rectification work on my rims as soon as their replacement cars are back.. Should be within the next 2 weeks and my car will be required in the workshop for 2-3 days.. I'm glad they've taken responsibility for their carelessness..

Anyhow, will be careful next time when I send my car in and out of the workshop.. definitely dun want a repeat...

Won't be able to join you guys this afternoon as I have prior arrangements.. maybe the next one.. Hope you guys have a good meet-up with all the leftover 'bak kua' from CNY..

Cheers!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming down to my joint for the meetup. Sure made the joint more happening with all the E60s parked along the road.

I'm glad we have finally came together and sat down to decide the final details of the decal. I have given the draft artwork of the car decal to my graphic designer and once we have decided on the URL, we can proceed to print the decal.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans