E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 02:10 AM
Guest_kiasu king_*

The PDC is very useful. With the PDC, I am now more confident in parking. It is a worthwhile retrofit.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King Kong_*' date='Oct 28 2004, 05:39 PM
tategoi,

How is your experience with Zymol? I use Autoglym. Where did you buy your Zymol from and which product?

[snapback]50239[/snapback]
Zymol gives deeper shine and that wet look, makes the colour of the car looks thicker and dark. You can get Zymol from Bronze Carman at Toh Guan Centre or Carworks at 121 Owen Road. They are not cheap but I think it is one of the best in the market.

I am using the Destiny which contains only pure white Brazillian carnauba. Autoglym is synthetic wax, shine not deep but can last long.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Members

tategoi, thanks for the information. I will try Zymol.

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Oct 30 2004, 12:00 PM
[quote name='Guest_Kiasu King Kong_*' date='Oct 28 2004, 05:39 PM']tategoi,

How is your experience with Zymol? I use Autoglym. Where did you buy your Zymol from and which product?

[snapback]50239[/snapback]
Zymol gives deeper shine and that wet look, makes the colour of the car looks thicker and dark. You can get Zymol from Bronze Carman at Toh Guan Centre or Carworks at 121 Owen Road. They are not cheap but I think it is one of the best in the market.

I am using the Destiny which contains only pure white Brazillian carnauba. Autoglym is synthetic wax, shine not deep but can last long.
[snapback]51108[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 10-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Guest_andy_*

hi guys, sorry to just cut in like that but anyone who is intrested in a style 124 19" (4 months old) pls do give me a call @ 9636 2290
Old 11-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Guest_kiasu king_*

Is yours the aftermarket 19" AAA style 124? How much you asking? I heard it does not feel the same as the original BMW 18" style 124 rims.

Originally Posted by Guest_andy_*' date='Oct 31 2004, 10:52 PM
hi guys, sorry to just cut in like that but anyone who is intrested in a style 124 19" (4 months old)? pls do give me a call @ 9636 2290?
[snapback]51599[/snapback]
Old 11-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Members

Just got my car back from PML after PDC retrofit.. In my opinion, worth the money spent coz I'm more confident parking the car now.. However, the process itself is something left to be desired...

Car came back dirty like hell.. can I ask if it's a norm for PML to wash the car after working on it? Moreover, gave specific instructions to them to park the car under shelter till I collect the car and they agreed.. So it's quite puzzling why the car ended in that state. The joke was that when I walked to the parking area to collect the car, there was a technician trying to park my car in the shelter area discreetly, unaware that I was there looking at him trying to do it... As I wanted to polish the car in the afternoon, I let the matter slide...

While polishing the car, found some 'presents' PML left for me..

1) found a paint chip on the edge of the driver's door...
2) found a scratch on the rear bumper about 2 inches long....
3) found stains of what seems like dried glue around the front and rear bumper...
4) found the inner lining of the B pillar on the driver's side dislodged..

Is there a disclaimer anywhere that says that PML is not responsible for any nicks or scratches that may result from any work done on our cars? Called my Sales Rep immediately and was granted an audience with the CSA tomorrow morning... What a drag.. car is only 2 weeks old and will be wasting another day tomorrow.. :bashwall:
Old 11-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:22 AM
PDC retrofit and bootlid button release have been installed on my car. I find the PDC sound pitch very sharp and unpleasant. Also they upgraded my software and now, the idrive screen will have to wait for 1 minute to appear - very upset over this. Why must be like that?
[snapback]49401[/snapback]
Hi KK,

Just got my car back from PML after PDC retrofit and my idrive screen still comes on immediately after turning the key.. Still get the 'Accept' msg though.. Does that mean they did not do a software update for me?
Old 11-02-2004, 12:11 AM

hi kiasu king,
it's the same i guess cause i have never tried the 18" so can't feed back but from the way my car behaves, it's really smooth so no problem (i am getting the breyton spirit's that is why i am selling). looking at about $2k cause only 4 months and mint condition and it's the 7 spoke oem style 124 (i belive there is only one type).
Old 11-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Members

Junior,

When you left your car at PML for the retrofit, the service rep is required under the company procedure to inspect your car and not any scratches, dents, etc and get you to acknowledge them. So, when you collect the car, if you noticed any scratches, you have to immediately raise it with the service rep. In your case, if you did not and only notice them after you drove car out of PML service centre, then, it will be difficult to claim those scratches were caused by PML at the workshop. I think your software is not the latest version. The latest version does not have "accept" screen and it takes about 1 minute for screen to come on.

Originally Posted by Junior' date='Nov 2 2004, 03:27 AM
[quote name='Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:22 AM']PDC retrofit and bootlid button release have been installed on my car. I find the PDC sound pitch very sharp and unpleasant. Also they upgraded my software and now, the idrive screen will have to wait for 1 minute to appear - very upset over this. Why must be like that?
[snapback]49401[/snapback]
Hi KK,

Just got my car back from PML after PDC retrofit and my idrive screen still comes on immediately after turning the key.. Still get the 'Accept' msg though.. Does that mean they did not do a software update for me?
[snapback]52014[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 11-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Members

My car has always been washed after being sent in for servicing/fixing.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans