E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guest,

I bought the OEM 18" style 124 rims but after using it for 2 weeks, I decided to dump them and replace them with the original style 124 rims to get back the BMW drive feel. They look the same but they are actually not. I ended up losing $1,600 for the 4 oem style 124 rims as I gave them away free of charge.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 2 2004, 04:11 AM
hi kiasu king,
it's the same i guess cause i have never tried the 18" so can't feed back but from the way my car behaves, it's really smooth so no problem (i am getting the breyton spirit's that is why i am selling). looking at about $2k cause only 4 months and mint condition and it's the 7 spoke oem style 124 (i belive there is only one type).
[snapback]52023[/snapback]
Old 11-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King Kong_*' date='Nov 2 2004, 03:19 AM
Junior,

When you left your car at PML for the retrofit, the service rep is required under the company procedure to inspect your car and not any scratches, dents, etc and get you to acknowledge them. So, when you collect the car, if you noticed any scratches, you have to immediately raise it with the service rep. In your case, if you did not and only notice them after you drove car out of PML service centre, then, it will be difficult to claim those scratches were caused by PML at the workshop. I think your software is not the latest version. The latest version does not have "accept" screen and it takes about 1 minute for screen to come on.

Hi KK,

My Sales Rep picked the car up from my place as I was away from Sin.. There was no handing over/acknowledgement done. When I went down to collect the car, the service counter gave me a orange slip to drive out and told me the car was parked outside. The technician simply got out of the car and said 'Key is in the car..'

Do you have to ask them to update the software for you? Or they did it automatically during the retrofit? What's the latest version BTW? Will check with CSA tomorrow to see if they did an update..
Old 11-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Members

Junior,

The problem with PML is that sometimes, there are too many cars sent for servicing or repair that they lack sheltered parking space fr all cars. When I collected my car after the PDC retrofit, I saw a few cars parked outside and it was raining. I think next time, we will have to be kiasu and bring our own car cover to cover the car if it is parked outside.

I am very kiasu and when I collect my car from PML, I always check very thoroughly in the presence of the service guy and make sure no new dents and scratches. My old E39 was dented once when I sent it for servicing. The way they drive the car and park it at PML is damn scary. Some cars are so close to each other.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 AM

Junior,

The software upgrade is automatic. I think they upgraded it because of the PDC retrofit.

Next time, get the PML guy to acknowledge that the car collected from your house has no scratches. Another thing I always record down is my mileage when I sent in just in case someone there use it to fetch girlfriend around. I will check mileage again after collecting car to make sure the increase is not excessive. Many years ago, the car salesman who offered to drive the car from my house for servicing clocked more than 100km on my car after collecting it. I think he used it as a private taxi or drove to Malaysia. I learned a lesson after that.

Originally Posted by Junior' date='Nov 2 2004, 04:43 AM
[quote name='Guest_Kiasu King Kong_*' date='Nov 2 2004, 03:19 AM']Junior,

When you left your car at PML for the retrofit, the service rep is required under the company procedure to inspect your car and not any scratches, dents, etc and get you to acknowledge them. So, when you collect the car, if you noticed any scratches, you have to immediately raise it with the service rep. In your case, if you did not and only notice them after you drove car out of PML service centre, then, it will be difficult to claim those scratches were caused by PML at the workshop. I think your software is not the latest version. The latest version does not have "accept" screen and it takes about 1 minute for screen to come on.

Hi KK,

My Sales Rep picked the car up from my place as I was away from Sin.. There was no handing over/acknowledgement done. When I went down to collect the car, the service counter gave me a orange slip to drive out and told me the car was parked outside. The technician simply got out of the car and said 'Key is in the car..'

Do you have to ask them to update the software for you? Or they did it automatically during the retrofit?
[snapback]52028[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 11-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Members

Thanks KK for all your help.. Other than the rather unpleasant experience, I'm enjoying the ride very much.. Saw a titanium silver 520 behind me on my way home.. SFH 1X H.. wonder if it's anyone here...
Old 11-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Well, the scratch and glue on the bumper and the B-pillar is definately from their work...
They have to take care on that.
But the other scratch... You should have walked around your car and inspected it in their parking lot...
Old 11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Members

Iceman, I think no E60 545i in the world can beat yours in terms of the number of options you have. What you are lacking is a rocket launcher a la 007 James BOnd e60!

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 2 2004, 02:22 PM
Well, the scratch and glue on the bumper and the B-pillar is definately from their work...
They have to take care on that.
But the other scratch... You should have walked around your car and inspected it in their parking lot...
[snapback]52150[/snapback]
Old 11-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I asked for it, but the dealer refused putting it in there...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Senior Members

Hi

Anyone going for the Chris Bangle event at Odean Towers this Friday?

CB will be there to talk about the design concepts for the E63/64 (6 series).

I think PML will also use it to present the 630i.

eggz
Old 11-03-2004, 05:07 AM

hi kiasu king kong, good for you man! that was very generous of you and next time you decide to give away some more call me

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans