E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrggggh. So pissed of. Made the PML sales rep check all over including BMW Asia and the Bluetooth option is a no-no for Singapore.

I just can't understand why? It's available throughout Europe and in Australia, but not in any Asian country and surprisingly New Zealand. Anyone knows why?

Why can't they just "accidently" slip it into the order list? Bluetooth will only be officially available for Singapore for Sep. 04 manufacture, same as the US.....stupid

BTW, the Singapore 530i only has the business radio. In order to get MP3 music playback it needs to have the Professional Radio, apparently this is possible but with extra charge. Though it won't play MP3s just yet, but a software upgrade in March '04 will make it happend.

Anyone knows if there's someone higher up we can talk to in PML to register a complain or just bitch to? I spoke to this German guy from BMW Asia (Hans) at the launch and he was saying that it's possible.....what gives?

eggz
Old 01-07-2004, 08:07 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

got my ride back from PML workshop this evening, thank goodness! the loaner car started to get on my nerve after three days of driving it.

to update you folks on the steering noise issues.... as it turned out it wasn't the steering at all rather the front bumper mounting interference with part of the steering bracket. During lock to lock steering at stationary you would notice that the front carriage tilt up and down as the wheels sweep left to right and vice versa... to this effect the interference sounded like spring recoil noise.

btw... just today according to my csa another e60 came in with similar complaint of steering noise!

on the door creaks... they redo the door frame trims with some sort of friction strips and lubricants in the inserts areas.

hope the fix and the root cause is spot on. will monitor for a week!

interesting anecdotes to share...
while at pml picking up my car, one sales chap came on to me hurriedly and asked if i was leaving soon as he wanted to show the color of my car to his potential customer. guess they run out of silver grey anywhere to show.
anyway was busy discussing with csa and didn't really notice when sales chap came back with a gentleman then i realise that..... Hah! isn't he the man who control the vehicle population in sg?

saw a fully loaded 520i in the workshop. amethyst grey.. bi xenon; pdc; cruise control; style 116 17" rims. Rims look good! Nice!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Members

eggz ah...you can call michael goode...he is a nice chap. or patrick pow....gm

zag...i oso have the steering noise...you have yours resolved? I am supposed to send in mine on 19 Jan to replace the LCD screen (dead pixel). May I know how long they take to service the steering?

My car tremble early morning during cold start. After warm up, it is ok. Anybody has this? My previous car (e46, merc) don't get this. Any idea?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:59 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Jan 7 2004, 04:32 PM
eggz ah...you can call michael goode...he is a nice chap. or patrick pow....gm

zag...i oso have the steering noise...you have yours resolved? I am supposed to send in mine on 19 Jan to replace the LCD screen (dead pixel). May I know how long they take to service the steering?

My car tremble early morning during cold start. After warm up, it is ok. Anybody has this? My previous car (e46, merc) don't get this. Any idea?
eggz, if not get on with Simon Rock if u can. he is about a year into PML's MD job so he is most likely willing to do a good job. if not write to the lady boss of BMW Asia.

sg520i, if your 'steering' noise is similar to what i described in the earlier post, the fix will take about a day. they need to dismantle the whole front bumper to fix the interference.
do you have regular csa you can trust? Charles at Alexandra is my regular he is a very responsible chap and no bullshit kinda guy.

trembling at cold start... i remember few occasions on my previous e46 2.2l. the rpm drops low engine started to stutter but after a minute or two it is ok.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Members

I used to go fort road last time. The person was kay. But I think he left and join C&C. Does your e60 tremble?
Old 01-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Members

Hi Zag, please let me know if your door creaking noise is fixed permanently. My door creaks too although not too much. I am deciding whether to send it in. sales rep told me need half a day to fix the door seal. Cheers!
Old 01-07-2004, 08:52 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Jan 7 2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Zag, please let me know if your door creaking noise is fixed permanently. My door creaks too although not too much. I am deciding whether to send it in. sales rep told me need half a day to fix the door seal. Cheers!
i have to drive probably for couple of weeks and the needed exposures to the elements to see if the creaks are resolved for good. will keep u posted.
i didn't ask my csa what is the difference the second fix from the first.. i suspect the first was mediocre fix vs. the more thorough second one!

should you bring in yr car, you might want to insist to fix all fours even though only one of the doors creaks!

zag
Old 01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Members

Zag, thanks. Cheers!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:07 AM
zag
Contributors

wondering you guys driving the new e60, how much are you paying for insurance? are you using the sime darby/axa one or ntuc? mine was about about $3500 before ncb.

i stayed away from ntuc this time becoz they started putting clauses on not supporting claims if it is being done by agent workshop even though the need to protect warranty.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Members

mine insurance from AIG. it costs ard $2200 after NCD.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans