E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah taking damn long.....let me know when u do it cos i want to know how well it works....
Old 10-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Members

Hi Totoseow, Zag, Olivin and all,
Been a long while since I last visited. Spent couple of hours reading those posts. Wah, you all so angry with pml ah....so many comments recently?

Anyway, collected my ride back from pml yesterday after my 1st service and ACS kit installation, I realise that my software was upgraded. I did not do anything after receiving the letter about the software issue months back. So, I was expected those stupid alert message you guys were talking about. I knew the software was changed because Board Info was changed to OBC. BUT BUT.....no Alert message leh!!! So I went back today to ask, CSA told me new software. No more Alert message but need to take about 2-3 minutes before the screen is turned on.

Therefore I guess the problem is solved with the new software, by blacken the screen over the message. When it turn on finally, is the menu screen. Happy leh....pml is working I think...

Now, my ride is kitted to what I have been wanting.
Zag, you solve your steering wheel alignment issue? I have and want to remedy.

Cheers!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Members

Any of you guys know what the hell is going on in PML? so many heads rolled recently including marketing director? anything to do with the corruption investigation involving BMW executives?

Just saw the E60 Hong Kong Sub-Forum thread trying to beat this kiasu Singaporean E60 thread. By the way, Singapore always competing with Hong Kong in many things. lol
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Members

Ed520, roger that! I am going to call PML to make noise why the PDC is not here yet. I paid for it almost a month ago.

Originally Posted by Ed520' date='Oct 15 2004, 01:21 AM
yeah taking damn long.....let me know when u do it cos i want to know how well it works....
[snapback]45022[/snapback]
Old 10-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

Hi BMWorld,

Welcome back. What's keeping? For a moment, I was thinking you might have got rid of yr E60 and upgraded to 6er or a 7er. And we missed you for our 2nd meet. Good to have you back.

Wah, PML is finally doing customer some service! And the new s/w (any idea which version) now comes without the idiotic ACCEPT message? But in place, we need to wait 2-3 minutes b4 the idrive screen works? This is changing the soup and not changing the medicine man! And it is also not acceptable!!

I actually talked with CSA today abt sending mine for 1st oil svc n he did not mention anything abt skipping this message.

BMWorld, what's yr mileage like prior to 1st service? I always envy yr idea of rejecting r/f tires and selling the smaller stock tires to change to those of yr choice (19 inch rims and some good tires i remember). I'm hating the r/f as they are very harsh and noisy (at abt 13,000 km). Guess I would live wif it till I can't stand it, then head to PML to buy jack, wrench and a spare b4 changing all to non-r/f.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

Zag & All who dread the ACCEPT message

Just received these from PML & BMW Asia. It spoilt my weekend.

What di you guys think would be a good response?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PML1.pdf (412.5 KB, 567 views)
Old 10-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 16 2004, 09:33 AM

Just received these from PML & BMW Asia.? It spoilt my weekend.

[snapback]45414[/snapback]
That really sux. I feel it is unfair to drivers who do read the manuel. I fell to save them soem headache and us teh buyer as well meybe they should have us sign an agreement and point it out in the manuel when the dealer goes over the car with you. Or maybe there could implement the message to appear once a day only. Anything would be better then every time you turn the car on. I was hoping they would get rid of it, not add it to more vehicles.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Members

OMFG I just read the message they sent you Olivin, apparently the after sales manager, Bernhard Schneider, lives just 4 houses away in my estate! He's practically my neighbour. I've been wondering for a long time myself whether he works for PML/BMW Asia(I always see different Bimmers in his parking lot, 530i, 645CiC, Mini S)

I know his name cuz he stickers it on his mailbox...

Damn it sucks that the warning message is gonna be in all models. bah.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Oct 15 2004, 07:03 AM
Any of you guys know what the hell is going on in PML? so many heads rolled recently including marketing director? anything to do with the corruption investigation involving BMW executives?

Just saw the E60 Hong Kong Sub-Forum thread trying to beat this kiasu Singaporean E60 thread. By the way, Singapore always competing with Hong Kong in many things. lol
[snapback]45075[/snapback]
Was told that 520 iDrive software cannot handle PDC, and workshop has stopped installing them? BMW told them they will need to order the right iDrive software if PDC is needed. Sure or not ...
Old 10-16-2004, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 16 2004, 02:33 AM

Just received these from PML & BMW Asia.? It spoilt my weekend.

[snapback]45414[/snapback]
Seriously it is a legal issue for them. I will do this also if I know I can potentially be sued, anywhere in the world; though less likely in Singapore, there is a possibility.

Just have to do this lor; on the engine, and straight-away give the knob a bang.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans