DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I just started coding my 2007 e60 ( build date 04 / 2006 ) and trying to figure out what kind of light module i have. Can anyone point me where to look for in NCSexpert? I've read a lot and believe mine is mostly likely LM1 but I really want to see that for myself on NCS. Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

The best way is to look at the LM module physically as the label may reveal much more info.
AFAIK NCSExpert will not say you have LM1 or LM2, based on your build date info you are likely using LM1.

Also, you maybe able to find out some LM2 specific function when your read the LMA, such as most (if not all) function(s) that ended w/ _33 are (IRC) LM2 specific also if it's LM2 you'll find a function(s) that start w/ WL_ that related to WELCOME_LIGHT (not to be exact but somethin' similar) .

Originally Posted by roykimi
Hi guys,

I just started coding my 2007 e60 ( build date 04 / 2006 ) and trying to figure out what kind of light module i have. Can anyone point me where to look for in NCSexpert? I've read a lot and believe mine is mostly likely LM1 but I really want to see that for myself on NCS. Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
The best way is to look at the LM module physically as the label may reveal much more info.
AFAIK NCSExpert will not say you have LM1 or LM2, based on your build date info you are likely using LM1.

Also, you maybe able to find out some LM2 specific function when your read the LMA, such as most (if not all) function(s) that ended w/ _33 are (IRC) LM2 specific also if it's LM2 you'll find a function(s) that start w/ WL_ that related to WELCOME_LIGHT (not to be exact but somethin' similar) .
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Can you tell me where the light module is located on my car? Sorry for the noob question. Just bought the car and just getting into moding it. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

By the drive sidekick panel, the corner slightly above the footrest.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Can you tell me where the light module is located on my car? Sorry for the noob question. Just bought the car and just getting into moding it. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Hi guys,

but how come it's 2007 if build in 04/2006 ??? , is it possible ???
Old 02-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Members

Good point , let me double check. could have been 9 or 10/2006 . Thanks for pointing that out. Anyway, so if mine is LM1 I won't be able to code my angel eyes as DRL right? My car is currently using the highbeam as DRL . I would like to use angel eyes as DRL or have both xenon and angel eyes on as DRL just like my regular night time light. oh my car is bi-xenon btw.

Originally Posted by Ehssan
but how come it's 2007 if build in 04/2006 ??? , is it possible ???
Old 02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Members

Thanks very much. I'll look for it. I dont' need to take anything apart right?
Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
By the drive sidekick panel, the corner slightly above the footrest.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

You have to remove the cover under the steering wheel otherwise they call pretty much hidden. So you can't really just simply peek to it.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

roykimi,
If you have trouble locating and reading the module, check out my thread on the position (Post #5).

https://5series.net/forums/topic/114...1#entry1351727
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-lci011.jpg   NCSExpert Code Mods-lci012.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Members

After reading so much useful information on this forum I figured I needed to post some results of my coding. I own a 530i E61 LCI MY2009 which is nicely equipped and contains a lot of modules to code

After ordering my cable here(http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16) it took about 3 weeks to arrive in excellent shape. YES, you can buy cheaper cables, but I didn't want to risk frying a module for the difference of 40 bucks.
With the help of NCSEXPERT and a wonderful DIY (use google to find it) I've read for hours and hours. I've got the cable for a week now and these are my codings, all successful on my car.

CAS:
KOMFORT_EJECT (when engine running, stops engine and unlocks keyfeb by holding start/stop button)
aktiv

KGM:
BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL (fold up mirrors on holding close button remote)
aktiv

KOMBI:
BC_DIGITAL_V (digital speedometer is cluster)
aktiv

IHKA:
GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO (Climate fan speed display via orange light around manual speed knob)
active

HUD:
BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG (turn signals in HUD)
aktiv

M_SPORT_HUD (part 1/3 for showing M Hud rev counter in HUD)
aktiv

CIC (CAPPL in older cars):
HUD_M (part 2/3 for showing M Hud rev counter in HUD)
aktiv

CIC_MDRIVE (part 3/3 for showing M Hud rev counter in HUD)
aktiv

HVAC_POPUP_SEATCLIMATE (pops up setting screen in idrive of seat heater after pressing button)
aktiv

ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM (makes birp sound when open/close, not standard on EU cars, needs activation in idrive after coding to work)
nicht_aktiv

LMA:
WL_NSW (Fog lamps come on slowly with Angel Eyes when opening, lights in auto mode)
soft_einschalten

This PWM_ changes the voltage of the normal AE lights and prevents the ugly dimming, even DRL are brighter now. This is a cheap solution and way better then HID, LED etc. It still looks OEM, but a lot brighter!
PWM_AN_SL_V_AL_1_34
wert_01

Other options:
wert_01 13,2v
wert_02 aus
wert_03 13,0v
wert_04 13,2v
wert_05 7,7v
wert_06 7,2v = Standard (Almost no light)
wert_07 13,0v
wert_08 12,7v

Because it's a E61 LCI it has OEM LCI LED lights, except for braking. I retrofitted bulb replace LED braking lights which will all throw error codes on iDrive, despite promising adds on OBD proofing. After switching all of these to "nicht_aktiv" the car is error free.
Weird as it is I needed to disable the _BLK_H also to be able to use the leds without errors.

By the way, forget SMD LED, get "high power leds 7,5w" looking like this: Sample

These codes disable error codes
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BL_M_1
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELD_CC_RL_BL_2_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELD_CC_RL_BL_2_R
nicht_aktiv

Hope this helps anyone searching for nice codings. If you live in Holland near Utrecht and want some of these as well, contact me.

Excellent forum guys!!!!

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods