DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Can do cornering lights on pre-LCI lights with LM2, i have this function.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by F-Tar
I rather retrofit LM2.. About the same job.
Ehh... false. LM2 is $350-400. If you can do the labor and the coding, you don't have further expense. But it would easily be a more expensive job.

I've read that before actually, about wire it. You coulden't tell the difference on ur vid.. Looks nice!

Those LCI headlights has some useful functions togheter with LM2 actuallty, such as cornering lights. Assuming they're AHL.
Why thanks.

Actually, my personal opinion and many of my clients that I have done LCI Orions install for disagree about the cornering lights. Most people find them to be rather useless and the minimal light that it does provide when you are turning at 15 mph is negligible at best. Past customers usually just have me black it out instead for a sleeker look.

Cornering lights is good in theory, but crappily executed on E60 in my opinion. It's far better on the X3 and X5s.

As for my headlights, if you dig up my thread, you'll see that my headlight is the only set of E60 (as far as we know) with true quad projectors in the world, and those aren't cornering lights
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Originally Posted by BLooD
Can do cornering lights on pre-LCI lights with LM2, i have this function.
Nice BLooD, do you have a vid or something so i could see what it looks like? I'm having thoughts about maybe get a used LM2 with a reasonable price. I've read the whole LM1->LM2 retrofit thread so i'm getting a little bit curious about this.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM
New Members

Ehh... false. LM2 is $350-400. If you can do the labor and the coding, you don't have further expense. But it would easily be a more expensive job.
$400 for a new one, sure. Used, about $150, atleast here were i live. If i would do it, it would be cus of the job itself. It would be a fun experience. And ofc fun with all the new functions!

Why thanks.

Actually, my personal opinion and many of my clients that I have done LCI Orions install for disagree about the cornering lights. Most people find them to be rather useless and the minimal light that it does provide when you are turning at 15 mph is negligible at best. Past customers usually just have me black it out instead for a sleeker look.

Cornering lights is good in theory, but crappily executed on E60 in my opinion. It's far better on the X3 and X5s.

As for my headlights, if you dig up my thread, you'll see that my headlight is the only set of E60 (as far as we know) with true quad projectors in the world, and those aren't cornering lights
I dunno this, that's why i'm asking BLooD to share a vid so i can get a little understanding Just the feeling to drive around with a -2004 E60 WITH cornering lights, i mean.. How many can do that Unless you've done the proper LM2 retrofit!

What you mean "true" quad projektors? Isn't that pretty standard for LCI headlights? What you have in those small projektors.. high beam??
Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Contributors

Nice BLooD, do you have a vid or something so i could see what it looks like? I'm having thoughts about maybe get a used LM2 with a reasonable price. I've read the whole LM1->LM2 retrofit thread so i'm getting a little bit curious about this.
No I don`t but it lights up the inner halogen light when you activate the indicators, they light up when cornering fast and they light up when reversing.

You can get used LM2 on ebay fairly cheaply.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:59 PM
New Members

No I don`t but it lights up the inner halogen light when you activate the indicators, they light up when cornering fast and they light up when reversing.

You can get used LM2 on ebay fairly cheaply.
You should! Okay, why on reverse? :S

I do not have the adaptive headlights, only regular ones with xenon. Heard there is some difference bethween these LM2's if ut having adaptive headlights or not. You know if this is true?

If that's the case. I should look for LM II without "AHL", right?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Contributors

You should! Okay, why on reverse? :S

I do not have the adaptive headlights, only regular ones with xenon. Heard there is some difference bethween these LM2's if ut having adaptive headlights or not. You know if this is true?

If that's the case. I should look for LM II without "AHL", right?
There is indeed two light modules, adaptive and non adaptive.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 AM
New Members

There is indeed two light modules, adaptive and non adaptive.
I thought so.

Any thoughts about this LM II? vrigt Styrenhet - BMW 5-Series -07 - W319443
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Contributors

I thought so.

Any thoughts about this LM II? vrigt Styrenhet - BMW 5-Series -07 - W319443
Thats the correct one if you don`t have or want adaptive xenons, cant read the txt as its in swedish (I think).
Old 05-14-2013, 12:24 AM
New Members

Thats the correct one if you don`t have or want adaptive xenons, cant read the txt as its in swedish (I think).
Yes it's in swe.. Just the text on the module that'simportant Nope, no adaptive ones.. i THINK! Just standard xenons/bi-xenon. Them lights goes up, and then down after you first start the car.

And if driving in a hill, or downwards. Then they'll adapt the most. Or driving with a trailer. But that's standard with all xenon cars.

It's not like they following the road when turning and so on, if that's what adaptive really means.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods