DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525I E60 01/2004

Originally Posted by leceur
When I try to read the LMA module I get an error that the data is not found... am I missing some files and if so which should I have?
First easy thing to check: On the folder C:\NCSEXPER\WORK, have you deleted the FSW_PSW.TRC or the FSW_PSW.MAN? If you did, create a empty txt file and rename it and it's extension to the name of the missing file to substitute and try again the reading.

If it ain't this, you may be missing the daten or sgdat files of the LM module.

Best regards
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by leceur
When I try to read the LMA module I get an error that the data is not found... am I missing some files and if so which should I have?

Originally Posted by ViperRunner
First easy thing to check: On the folder C:\NCSEXPER\WORK, have you deleted the FSW_PSW.TRC or the FSW_PSW.MAN? If you did, create a empty txt file and rename it and it's extension to the name of the missing file to substitute and try again the reading.

If it ain't this, you may be missing the daten or sgdat files of the LM module.

Best regards
Viper... fair enough, you are no beginner. However, it would be nice to keep this thread on topic with specific code results as stated in the first post. Long discussions on connection problems, can't read files, where do I buy a cable, how to use NCS, etc is better suited to this thread:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/106042-car-coding/

We already have "how to" stuff in three different current and active threads, lets try and summarize results here.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Viper... fair enough, you are no beginner. However, it would be nice to keep this thread on topic with specific code results as stated in the first post. Long discussions on connection problems, can't read files, where do I buy a cable, how to use NCS, etc is better suited to this thread:

http://forums.5serie...042-car-coding/

We already have "how to" stuff in three different current and active threads, lets try and summarize results here.
+1

ViperRunner - Look at post #3 in this thread... it shows the vaules / functions you are after... I dont think pre 2006 cars with door modules and non memory seats will have the function.

NoQuarter - Do you know if the mods came back on adding the link to the spread sheet to the first post

Changing the build date in the VO to enable options is interesting
Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by jay77
+1

ViperRunner - Look at post #3 in this thread... it shows the vaules / functions you are after... I dont think pre 2006 cars with door modules and non memory seats will have the function.

NoQuarter - Do you know if the mods came back on adding the link to the spread sheet to the first post

Changing the build date in the VO to enable options is interesting

Hey Jay,
I never got a response on the sticky . I need to try a different PM.

on a different topic....
I made a bunch of notes on the PDC entries that I'm going to play around with this weekend. Looking to see if we can control when it comes on and off, audio alerts, etc.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Hey Jay,
I never got a response on the sticky . I need to try a different PM.

on a different topic....
I made a bunch of notes on the PDC entries that I'm going to play around with this weekend. Looking to see if we can control when it comes on and off, audio alerts, etc.
Nice one dood, I need my pdc louder lol. I tried a retrofit in progman last night, "dynamic break lights", I changed my production date to 0907 then told progman to perform the coding and it changed no end of functions.
Had to reset my LMA2 but the upshot of this is if you change your production date to 0709 and then use NCS to code the LMA2 from your VO you will have angel eye DRL`s set as standard.
Also the FA for dynamic break lights is +NBFD.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Nice one dood, I need my pdc louder lol. I tried a retrofit in progman last night, "dynamic break lights", I changed my production date to 0907 then told progman to perform the coding and it changed no end of functions.
Had to reset my LMA2 but the upshot of this is if you change your production date to 0709 and then use NCS to code the LMA2 from your VO you will have angel eye DRL`s set as standard.
Also the FA for dynamic break lights is +NBFD.
Is dynamic brake lights same as brake force display? I have never heard "dynamic brake lights" let alone that it is some sort of option. What does it do?

When you got the angle eyes DRL from coding with the new production date, where they still pretty dim like from the manual changes we were doing or did they get brighter?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Unfortunately I didn't check as I lost my rear lights in the procses, progman was expecting the LCI lights, I'm gonna try coding the LMA with ncs instead and see what changes.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Unfortunately I didn't check as I lost my rear lights in the procses, progman was expecting the LCI lights, I'm gonna try coding the LMA with ncs instead and see what changes.

Yea- I got the same thing. When I did get the rears to come on they were too bright and the angel eyes were too dim
Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

PDC Stuff:

Here is the list of entries I looked into and a guess at translations. Most of them I couldn't tell any difference in behavior and none of them seem related to volume control.

I updated the spreadsheet with the only 2 entries I could verify did anything new.

The * was my default setting

ABSCHALTMELDUNG (power) - didn't test this
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

ABSTAND_KOPPLUNG (pitch generation) - no change
* aktiv active
nicht_aktiv not active

AKUSTIK_RECHTS_LINKS (Right and Left tones) - didn't test
* aktiv active
nicht_aktiv not active

AKUSTISCHE_FEHLERMELDUNG (acoustic error message) - didn't test
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

DYNAMIC_ABSCHALTEN_VORN (*DYNAMIC POWER OFF FORWARD) - no change
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

EINSCHALTMELDUNG_BEI_1MAL (power on 1 time?) - didn't test
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

EINSCHALTMELDUNG_IMMER (*power always) - no change
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

EINSCHALTVERZOEGERUNG (POWER ON DELAY) - didn't test
* aktiv active
nicht_aktiv not active

EIS_AUSBLENDEN (ice removing?) - didn't test
* aktiv active
nicht_aktiv not active

MELDUNG_TASTER (Release Button) -makes a tone when PDC button pressed
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

NOTFUNKTION (Emergency operation) - didn't test
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

NUR_KL15_BETRIEB (KL 15 OPERATION ONLY) - didn't test
* aktiv active
nicht_aktiv not active

PDC_AKTIV/DEAKTIV
rueckwaertsgang -Comes on in reverse gear and goes off when leave reverse
* weg_geschw (off speed?) - default behavior where PDC turns itself at specific speed

PDC_SCHALTER (*PDC switch or switches ?) - no change
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

STILLSTANDSMANAGEMENT (shutdown or turnaround management) - no change
aktiv active
* nicht_aktiv not active

TONGEBER (sounder)
aktiv active - disabled and caused check control
* nicht_aktiv not active

TONGEBER_HINTEN (Rear Sounder) - didn't test
gong
* lautsprecher loudspeaker

TONGEBER_VORN (Front or forward sounder) - no change
gong
* lautsprecher loudspeaker

Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very grateful that I have been supported by Andy545 and BlooD to successfully change some feature on my 06 550i.

Back to the business:
My car is 11/05 build with HUD, and I successfully enable M-tach display on HUD, however, there is no gear position indicator:

HUD Display for pre-LCI:

CAPPL:
MDrive
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

HUD_M
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

HUD:
M_SPORT_HUD
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

For Andy and BenAnd, I guess it's because of the M-instrument cluster?

I also got the signal indicator shows up on HUD with M-tach off.

Working on folding mirror, but it is probably due to model year in US that does not support folding mirror although I have SA430 in FA list. I added SA313 from FA list provided earlier in this thread, but it's invalid. Not sure what to do next. Should I change the build date?

Cheers,
Fred

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods