DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Blood, did you make your dimming mirrors to work?

On my one I have $430 and $431, but I never see them to dimmed, just only the inside one, also my bigger concern is that I cannot activated the curbing function as well.
Is there any way to test the dimming in INPA? Also I have the puddle lights, but never see them working, I will try tomorrow add to the VO $563 for any changes.

When I went for the dealer "update" they told me it is not in this car, but as far as I can see 430 and 431 it should be? I have folding and dimming mirrors without curbing?

I just found the dimming function (2+2 cables to the mirror itself) when I took the mirror apart to have a look if the problem is not in the mirror itself. I have the old TMBT and TMFT modules.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

... If you haven't ...

For those w/ start/stop button you may find this useful (probably not so much for those w/ CA option ):

Code:
-in CAS module:
KOMFORT_EJECT -> aktiv
Basically, when shutting down hold the start/stop button and it should also eject the key fob out and in combination w/ ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR it'll unlock the door(s) too.

Enjoy!

--Rival.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
... If you haven't ...

For those w/ start/stop button you may find this useful (probably not so much for those w/ CA option ):

Code:
-in CAS module:
KOMFORT_EJECT -> aktiv
Basically, when shutting down hold the start/stop button and it should also eject the key fob out and in combination w/ ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR it'll unlock the door(s) too.

Enjoy!

--Rival.
Now thats a damn good one BLaSTiWi
Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Awesome find!

I have a CA, but I still need to plug the key in time to time. E.g. when more than 1 key is inside the car to not confuse the electronics and launch other key's profile (and let the seat kill you squeezing). Which is pretty often because my wife carries her key too.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Did some more LMA testing (pre-LCI):

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s (angel eyes as DRL. This works with the entry below but they are much dimmer than the LCI. Probably won't be able to see them during the day)
DRL_TFL_SML_33 aktiv (angel eys as DRL)

DRL_TFL_TFL_33 (seems to do same thing as _SML_ )
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_1_33 (Tail lights on with DRL. Much too bright I think. )
aktiv
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_2_33 (Didn't notice anthing different)
aktiv
DRL_TFL_BLK_V_GED (Didn't notice anthing different)
nicht_aktiv

neither of these seemed to have any effect
TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_2 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (EUROPE) 2
aktiv
TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_3 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (EUROPE) 3
aktiv

Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Some more testing results:

I was looking for more DRL changes. My 2008 kombi has lots of DRL values where the 2007 trace file has none. I changed the production date of my pre-lci to #0907 and added DRL entries into kombi that I copied from my 2008 (LCI) file. To my surprise I was able to code the module with the new file and entries without error.

To my dissapointment nothing changed in the DRLs. I then tried to match entries between LMA and KOMBI that were the same and still nothing.

So, in this case, hopefully some negative results might still inspire some more thought for those of you experimenting. I think there is something to be said for changing the VO to a newer date in order to enter non-existant values - keeping in mind these entries often require changes in multiple locations for them to become effective.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525I E60 01/2004

Hi guys,

After reading all of this, i still don't understand, is it possible to put the passenger mirror curbing to see the side walk or not?

My car being a 2004 one.. is it possible to activate the mirror curbing function or not?

And what functions will i win if i update the LM to the LM2? do you know the number parts for the LM2's compatible with my car to start searching on the scrapyards?

Best regards
Old 03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ViperRunner
Hi guys,

After reading all of this, i still don't understand, is it possible to put the passenger mirror curbing to see the side walk or not?

My car being a 2004 one.. is it possible to activate the mirror curbing function or not?

And what functions will i win if i update the LM to the LM2? do you know the number parts for the LM2's compatible with my car to start searching on the scrapyards?

Best regards

Viper - this thread is for people already doing coding and discussing results. Please discuss beginner topics in one of the other threads. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525I E60 01/2004

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Viper - this thread is for people already doing coding and discussing results. Please discuss beginner topics in one of the other threads. Thanks.
NoQuarter.. I'm new on the forum, but not on codings, i already do coding with ncs expert for some years now.. if you search through web i even made some tutorials for codings and for how to install sss v32, and ediabas inpa..

I simply dont know some specific codings for this model, but on my old e53 already done lots of codings, and on some e46's for some friends.. not saying i'm an expert, far from it.. but i'm far from beginner..

Just asked some info on some fuctions that may or may not be activated on the codings.. not asking on how to do the codings.. just asking if the functions are possible or not and if they are, what's the names i should look for to be able to activate..

Now, i don't know why you acted like this, but you weren't correct on the observation you made..

because for what i understood, and for what even yourself said, this topic if for whom already does coding to share information and experiences, and as such it was what i was asking for.. and when i see that there is something on which i may be of some help, im always also happy to help.

Best regards
Old 03-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Members

When I try to read the LMA module I get an error that the data is not found... am I missing some files and if so which should I have?

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods