DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i Sport 6 speed

Hey guys I found this excellent guide to code with NCS expert for begginers, includes instructions and software http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...xpert-diy.html
Old 02-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by roykimi
oh, I understand it now. I guess I will need to do both. You won't be able to tell if a bulb ever bad or not anymore after coding right?
Right, you will have to check them yourself regulary, like we always used to do. :-)
Old 02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bazz530i
Right, you will have to check them yourself regulary, like we always used to do. :-)
Thanks a lot guys. I was able to code most of them successfully now including the Mdrive on HUD. However, I"m not sure which of the coding I did caused the windows rolling lock button to stop working. The button on the driver side where you can click to prevent other people to roll the windows down. Could it be the "hold key fob to roll windows up " mod has caused this? Also , was anyone able to map the steering wheel button to something after the M display mod?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Thanks a lot guys. I was able to code most of them successfully now including the Mdrive on HUD. However, I"m not sure which of the coding I did caused the windows rolling lock button to stop working. The button on the driver side where you can click to prevent other people to roll the windows down. Could it be the "hold key fob to roll windows up " mod has caused this? Also , was anyone able to map the steering wheel button to something after the M display mod?

I lost one of the buttons after the Mdrive mod as well. I guess the missing one is 'sposed to be the M button ?

Check out my "OBD on iDrive" (miDrive) thread. I am also working on using the missing button (Is it the star button?) to make a "miDrive" button that we can use to program a sequence of preferences.

For example:
press "Star Button"

- Turn on MHud display
- Turn on Active Backrest to "Sport"
- Set Sport Automatic transmission to "Sport" mode
- Change iDrive screen to miDrive display
- Enable Meth injection
Old 02-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I lost one of the buttons after the Mdrive mod as well. I guess the missing one is 'sposed to be the M button ?

Check out my "OBD on iDrive" (miDrive) thread. I am also working on using the missing button (Is it the star button?) to make a "miDrive" button that we can use to program a sequence of preferences.

For example:
press "Star Button"

- Turn on MHud display
- Enable Meth injection
Same here, the "audio source change" button is disabled, on my 3series these could be assigned in idrive menu. I'm still missing the mute button on steering.

A button on my steering which activates my SAT in sport mode and M HUD woul be freeking awesome though!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Members

Thanks will subscribe to that thread. What about the windows roll lock/unlock button? Do you have any idea why mine is not working. Is there something i can code to enable it. Thanks.
Originally Posted by NoQuarter

For example:
press "Star Button"

- Turn on MHud display
- Enable Meth injection
Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Members

OK guys, thanks to all your help I've done quite a few changes with success. Below is my list . My car is 2007 e60 build in 4/06 with LM1

Module Function Setting
CAPPL AMBANDS "nicht_aktiv"
CAPPL HUD_M aktiv
CAPPL MDrive aktiv
CAPPL/MASK LEGAL_DISCL nicht_aktiv
CAS ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR aktiv
CAS KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv
CAS KOMFORT_EJECT aktiv
HUD BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG aktiv
HUD M_SPORT_HUD aktiv
IHKA ABWAHL_AC nicht_aktiv
IHKA GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO aktiv
KOMBI BC_DIGITAL_V aktiv
LMA TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE aktiv

Thanks will subscribe to that thread. What about the windows roll lock/unlock button? Do you have any idea why mine is not working. Is there something i can code to enable it. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sport 6 speed

seatbelt chime in SGM module

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM (passenger)
nicht_aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_SGM (driver)
nicht_aktiv
Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by ntuner
seatbelt chime in SGM module

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM (passenger)
nicht_aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_SGM (driver)
nicht_aktiv
Well done for allowing ppl to drive around with out there seat belts on, nice job
Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

does messing with the seatbealt chime mess with the air bags

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods