DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i Sport 6 speed

Originally Posted by BLooD
Well done for allowing ppl to drive around with out there seat belts on, nice job
it's a personal decision, u do whatever you want with your car
Old 03-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

seatbelt chime in SGM module

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM (passenger)
nicht_aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_SGM (driver)
nicht_aktiv
ntuner
Hmmm, this one has been bugging me for some time and I like that there is an option to disable. There is no question that seat-belts save lives however the chime can sometimes be annoying if the passenger does not engage the seat-belt quickly enough because they are otherwise per-occupied for a few seconds after the car is in motion. The more concerning question is as spediegunz suggests, does this have any negative impact on airbag deployment in the event of a collision.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Georgieb
ntuner
Hmmm, this one has been bugging me for some time and I like that there is an option to disable. There is no question that seat-belts save lives however the chime can sometimes be annoying if the passenger does not engage the seat-belt quickly enough because they are otherwise per-occupied for a few seconds after the car is in motion. The more concerning question is as spediegunz suggests, does this have any negative impact on airbag deployment in the event of a collision.
Is it worth the risk? just to silence the chime, having been in two accident in the last two years I would say no but thats just me.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

This mod can def be usefull when the passenger detection Mat has failed and beeing replaced by a resistor simulating a passenger. But the one has to 100% sure the airbag still works.
Why would anyone need electronics to remind them to wear a seat-belt anyway ? Electronics take over to much responsability these days.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sport 6 speed

Originally Posted by BLooD
Is it worth the risk? just to silence the chime, having been in two accident in the last two years I would say no but thats just me.
I have no idea if that affects the airbags at all and no one has been able to prove that yet but this mod has been around on other forums as well, try typing the code on google. There are two other lines of code that its said they disable the seatbelt lights as well but I haven't tried them. So for anyone interested in this mod do it at your own risk, in fact all the mods are done at owners risk in some ways. Unless someone crashes the car I don't think it can be proven.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Blood,
The chime sure can be annoying however as you suggest, its purpose is substantiated.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
New Members

Is it possible to set a low volume for gongs/chimes?

I have disabled some of the chimes completely, but for those I can't disable (like frost warning) a lower volume could be an alternative.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Gent,

after an upgrade of NCS I'm having problem with communication to RLS and DWAS units.

It is the "BEST Version problem" and I have found than it is because of two files - A_E65R.IPS/IPO and A_E65.IPS/IPO.

does someone has them from version 32? I have tried to find them, but there seems to be only version from 40 above, nowhere the oldest versions.....

thanks a lot
Old 04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Members

anyone know how to activate boot/trunk release on remote whilst car is still locked , im sure it use to do it but doesnt now . tried both settings in the car key memory in progman but no effect .
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Members

Update to euro members... CAPPL AND TCU is also the (EGS) module!
LMA is also known as (IHK) module!

My car is a 3 series 2006 model. i'm sure there are people who have different series cars that would find this info useful.

Currently experiencing the kombi digital mph speed display not working for me. Wonder if my dash supports this mod being BC_DIGITAL_V
aktiv

New to ncs btw, i have followed every instruction but still no luck

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods