DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by BLooD
Voice control requires the FSC codes and can only be retrofitted by either progman or ISTA, also you will need the microphone adding as well.

Blood, in my case, I had the voice control, however after dealer "update" is not working any more, also I can't access my CAPPL with the NCS, can this help as well?

I'm ready to go to the dealer again, but unfortunately I activated M menu in my CAPPL, and I'm afraid they will not recognise this as a warranty
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by madein
Blood, in my case, I had the voice control, however after dealer "update" is not working any more, also I can't access my CAPPL with the NCS, can this help as well?

I'm ready to go to the dealer again, but unfortunately I activated M menu in my CAPPL, and I'm afraid they will not recognise this as a warranty
Not with your voice control no, dealer only im afriad, you need the fsc codes.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Not with your voice control no, dealer only im afriad, you need the fsc codes.
And regarding the NCS problem and "M menu" activation? I can't understant why is just only the CAPPL not working, all other units I can acces without any problem.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

And regarding the NCS problem and "M menu" activation? I can't understant why is just only the CAPPL not working, all other units I can acces without any problem.
Whats the error NCS is giving you?, need more info than that.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Contributors

I'd be very surprised if they even notice... just take the menu option off in IDrive and they will just do a standard software update / reset on the module to clear down the issue and reset it

If they say anything plead ignorant, I doubt they can prove you have changed anything without having a backup of your files since the last time it was serviced to compare against (highly unlikely) the onus will be on them to prove this is something you have done rather then their update

If the dealer did an update on the module it's more likely its on a newer version, then the current file you have?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Contributors

Whats the error NCS is giving you?, need more info than that.

+1
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jay77
I'd be very surprised if they even notice... just take the menu option off in IDrive and they will just do a standard software update / reset on the module to clear down the issue and reset it

If they say anything plead ignorant, I doubt they can prove you have changed anything without having a backup of your files since the last time it was serviced to compare against (highly unlikely) the onus will be on them to prove this is something you have done rather then their update

If the dealer did an update on the module it's more likely its on a newer version, then the current file you have?
I would like to, but i can't access it with NCS, I'll post the error later on, or have a look on one of my massages earler on his thread
Old 03-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Contributors

Does it not show up on the idrive menu as an option, disable it there is what I meant
Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jay77
Does it not show up on the idrive menu as an option, disable it there is what I meant
I didn't know it is possible, I'll try later and let you know. I have played with mview on hud, and activated so many things, like smg gearbox....., and this is probably why the CAPPL is giving me all the errors. I'll post it later on today
Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Members

I added the Acoustic=aktiv coding in CAPPL and have ticked the boxes in iDrive. So the car beeps when I open and close it with the key. But the volume is fairly low, is there a setting I can change?

Quick Reply: Car Coding