DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I got it!!! Tkx so much for NoQuarter ... I went thru his trace file line by line for comparison last night ...

So this mod apply only for pre-LCI w/ the newer LM2 which will make the AE as DRL instead of the high beam:

Code:
1. TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE -> aktiv
2. VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s
3. DRL_TFL_SML_33 -> aktiv
for #1 I think if you have DRL on/off menu in iDrive that function is the same thing.
for #2 default drl_h which mean high beam so no idea what drl_s mean?
for #3 make AE as the DRL.

As far as brightness I'm not so sure since I saw somewhere that PWM_FL_FKT_DRL_33 as a possible function.

GL!

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Update : drl_s doesn't do anything , so I'm stick to my method ,, I'm just waiting for my replacement kit of Orion V2 so that I can go a head and complete the project ..
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I got it!!! Tkx so much for NoQuarter ... I went thru his trace file line by line for comparison last night ...

So this mod apply only for pre-LCI w/ the newer LM2 which will make the AE as DRL instead of the high beam:

Code:
for #1 I think if you have DRL on/off menu in iDrive that function is the same thing.

As far as brightness I'm not so sure since I saw somewhere that PWM_FL_FKT_DRL_33 as a possible function.

GL!

WOW! nice job, next mod on my list.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Code:

GL!
I don't remember if I tried the DRL_TFL_SML_33 as same time with drl_s , will try it and get back to you ,,,

also there is a guy from another forum have managed ti retrofit the LCI talight with LM1 with only playing with the brake lights PWM values ,, I got his LMA trc file , once the car is back from the dealer i will test it and will update you guys ...
Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

... now ... next on my list is to figure out how to make the rear light rod on when w/ the AE just like the real LCI. ...

Originally Posted by BLooD
WOW! nice job, next mod on my list.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yeah I think I may have to play w/ PWM values to make the rear light rod on w/ the AE as DRL ... so far I end up w/ the tail rod on but the inside (the one next to the rear fog or I guess the middle bulb) brake light bulb stayed on

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I don't remember if I tried the DRL_TFL_SML_33 as same time with drl_s , will try it and get back to you ,,,

also there is a guy from another forum have managed ti retrofit the LCI talight with LM1 with only playing with the brake lights PWM values ,, I got his LMA trc file , once the car is back from the dealer i will test it and will update you guys ...
Old 03-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Code:

GL!
Heh, going to throw a monkey wrench in here to mess up your understanding a little.

Assuming you have LM2, your read out of LMA file would be similar to a LCI vehicle with same option. So in actuality, in order to make the AE's as DRL, only 2) is required. drl_s does translate into angel eyes, I have personally confirmed this last Sunday with a LCI halogen vehicle. I am not sure what 1) is, but it sounds like that's the option to indicate whether DRL is an option in iDrive or not. As for 3), I believe that's enabling DRL for LM2. I have to check my notes at home.

In any case, I am definitively sure that drl_s only works on LM2, and does nothing for pre-LCI (LM1) people.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yes in my '07 it already came w/ LM2 ...

the #1 is to turn on the AE if you have no menu in the iDrive is you do I don't think you need to do #1 (I got the on/off option in iDrive) and as for #3 you have other choices (like rear lights) for DRL and SML is the AE ... I think TFL = TAGFAHRLICHT, maybe ... so you need #3 since the pre-LCI was set at nicht_aktiv.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Heh, going to throw a monkey wrench in here to mess up your understanding a little.

Assuming you have LM2, your read out of LMA file would be similar to a LCI vehicle with same option. So in actuality, in order to make the AE's as DRL, only 2) is required. drl_s does translate into angel eyes, I have personally confirmed this last Sunday with a LCI halogen vehicle. I am not sure what 1) is, but it sounds like that's the option to indicate whether DRL is an option in iDrive or not. As for 3), I believe that's enabling DRL for LM2. I have to check my notes at home.

In any case, I am definitively sure that drl_s only works on LM2, and does nothing for pre-LCI (LM1) people.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Well done Rival. Just went I start to dispare that we won't get any more fun stuff out of the experimenting!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Jim, be the pioneer and figure out the BFD stuff!

With all those entries, including the algorithm entries, it makes me believe that it's possible to have flashing brake lights as constant and not just emergency braking.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Jim, be the pioneer and figure out the BFD stuff!

With all those entries, including the algorithm entries, it makes me believe that it's possible to have flashing brake lights as constant and not just emergency braking.
i'm sure with nettodata we can do it , i just started reading/learning it , its not as easy as trc files but if we managed to deal with trc files then we can deal with others too

Quick Reply: Car Coding