DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I appreciate the vote of confidence Simon but all the credit for this one goes to Rival.

I have been buried trying to get my head around getting winKPF installed, updated and working then my first software upgrade.

I can't wait unitl I can try some these new settings myself. Right now I have an idrive controller that doesn't work so I can't change anything!

I have something similar in my car, the screen light up, but the Idrive button was just like twisting circle, nothing to change, no resistance when you turn - just death, no time on the screen, no sound from speakers.

Only when I did the reset (volume+eject+eject) all start working again.

I was wondering, what I did wrong, why is this happening and finally I released I have disconnected CD changer and this did the thing for me, plug it back and all back.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Hey Blood,

What is the particular function to make the "Auto light control" menu to show up in the iDrive menu?
Since I have MASK the function probably have the same name except w/o the VA_ prefix.

Tkx!

--RR.

It's in MASK, unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to make it work besides having it displayed:

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
aktiv

C750A_SCWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_frei

C750A_SCWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_frei

C750A_SCWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_frei
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It's in MASK, unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to make it work besides having it displayed:

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
aktiv

C750A_SCWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_frei

C750A_SCWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_frei

C750A_SCWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_frei

Its because the function is tied the car/key memory function, I have been trying to disable the car/key memory for it but no success yet.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

1. Not sure why looking into steering wheel module the audio stuff is either in CAPPL (for Navi equipped car) module or MASK (for non-Navi) module.
Yes, we used the codes for the CAPPL below (I have Navi Professional). The program simply would not let him make any changes in this particular module. He could make changes everywhere else (he added BFD flashing, digital speed and turned off the number plate light check without any problems).

AM source removal:
CAPPL
NEXT_SOURCE
?aktiv?
AMBANDS
"nicht_aktiv"

To rephrase my question, do you know a situation where the program (he has the latest NCS version) would not let him change a certain module, and how can we circumvent this?

2. The parking light is SL_V_R & SL_V_L inside LMA module so in your case since it's 2004 model it'll be using LM1, try to look for the following function:

Code:
-AE cold/warm check:
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_L
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_R
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_L
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_R
Thanks - will look for these in the program asap!

GL!
Thanks for your help!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

The previous poster that responded to your question is correct. Your files are either out of date or the person that's coding for you is missing some files.

You'll have to ID the files missing if that's the case by looking at NCSExpert's screen and get one of us to send you the file.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Guys-

I have MASK and want to disable the AM radio from the entertainment selection. The funny thing is that every variable that includes "AMBAND" is already "nicht_aktiv" but I can still select the AM radio on the iDrive.

Any ideas?

Attached is my trace file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
MASK_FSW_PSW.TRC.txt (8.4 KB, 248 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Same case in my MASK, I think the AM stuff only work w/ CCC/NAVI but the WEATHERBAND went away from the selection list when I made it nicht_aktiv.

Originally Posted by txag_530i
Guys-

I have MASK and want to disable the AM radio from the entertainment selection. The funny thing is that every variable that includes "AMBAND" is already "nicht_aktiv" but I can still select the AM radio on the iDrive.

Any ideas?

Attached is my trace file.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

He probably needs to update the daten files, NCS program been around for a while mostly probably using v3.1.0 (or at least v3.0.8) but the daten file get updates from time to time, I think the last v40 daten released 'bout a month a go.

NCS program have the ability to show the error log from the one of the menu, do a screen capture of the error window & the error log and post it up.

Originally Posted by mmitev
To rephrase my question, do you know a situation where the program (he has the latest NCS version) would not let him change a certain module, and how can we circumvent this?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60 525i 2008 K1200s

I got it!!! Tkx so much for NoQuarter ... I went thru his trace file line by line for comparison last night ...

So this mod apply only for pre-LCI w/ the newer LM2 which will make the AE as DRL instead of the high beam:

Code:
1. TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE -> aktiv
2. VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s
3. DRL_TFL_SML_33 -> aktiv
for #1 I think if you have DRL on/off menu in iDrive that function is the same thing.
for #2 default drl_h which mean high beam so no idea what drl_s mean?
for #3 make AE as the DRL.

As far as brightness I'm not so sure since I saw somewhere that PWM_FL_FKT_DRL_33 as a possible function.

GL!
How do you check if you have newer LM2 module?
My production date is 12/2006.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

AFAIK production date 12/'06 maybe already using LM2 but I maybe wrong ... to make sure chk the p/n on the LCM itself or post up your trace file.

Originally Posted by ertes
How do you check if you have newer LM2 module?
My production date is 12/2006.

Quick Reply: Car Coding