DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leceur
The Batterie warning light came on also..... I started the car and the OBD indicator came on and the car is now very sluggish. It hardly reacts to the throttle and kick down.
Here's also the fsw_psw.man file I used:
Check what errors are logged, then clear the errors and see what comes back.

You could also try disconnect the battery for a bit then reconnect and put the car on charge, the car will shut down everything it thinks is non essential to get the battery charged enough to keep going..
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Members

Thanks for the response but it was a fluke of bad timing. One of the spark plugs died rigth after the reprogramming so the car was running on 5 cylinders. Went to the dealer and had a new spark plug installed (warranty). He said this had nothing to do with the programming. He erased all failures and the car is running smooth again and I can play MP3 cd's!!! Yeah me. Next week I'll get the dension gateway 500 so I can plug in a USB HDD and see all the MP3 info on the display.
The engineer also told me that all the plugs should have been renewed by now so the next plug(s) might die soon. Have to go to the dealer soon anyway for some other things and will ask them to replace all spark plugs!
Still wonder why I got the error message though.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 535dA M Packet & Yamaha R1 2007

Hi! I have a BMW 535dA 2005/05 with adaptive headlights and i have one problem ...I just made a retrofit with headlights only , with adaptive model 2008 , I coded my car in BMW service (entire car) with my old LMA (first type ) and i have an error on my idrive: CORNERING LIGHTS FAIL....I tried to code with NCS Expert to add +MUEB , both CAS and LMA , but not working....I still got the error...Anybody knows about this problems?? Thanks...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Lol.

I think the confusion stemmed from me not being able to remember if the "parking light" is on when the low beams are on. From what it sounds it, it is lit, so at night time, with the switch set to Auto, it should still turn the AE's on.

However, like I mentioned above, going through this method, you effectively get a empty hole in the space where your high beam bulbs used to be.
I just read your post ,, dude you have 2 options :

2- discount the high beam bulb without removing it ,,, you wont have an empty hole .
1- or you don't do this mod , and leave me enjoying my AE DRL , looool
Old 02-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Members

My E61 programming succes and questions so far (sorry for the Dutch screens):
-Enabled MP3 function to play MP3 CD's

-Digital speed indicator:

-"Next entertainment" option added to programmable steering wheel keys:

-De-Activated AM frequentie's

-Welcome Lights is now a selectable option (CAPPL and LMA have the correct settings):

Eventhough the option is there and I can select it, they don't work, or do I need to do something special with my remote key?

-Added the option of BMW Online, but when I want to accept it says "Telephone not found"? My BlackBerry is connected via BlueTooth hwoever? Am I doing something worng?

-Added the Voice Module ($620) to my VO, but I still can't use it. Guess I really need to buy the Voice Module....?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Voice control requires the FSC codes and can only be retrofitted by either progman or ISTA, also you will need the microphone adding as well.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Voice control requires the FSC codes and can only be retrofitted by either progman or ISTA, also you will need the microphone adding as well.
Thanks, getting progman now. What do you mean with microphone added? In the VO or via the .MAN file or a hardware one? I can already have phone calls via the car with bluetooth so there is a mic installed....
Old 02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Check out these descriptions of car-key-memory options for an E46. Many of them sound familiar and might help understand some of the trace file abbreviations:

E46-Car-Key-Memory.pdf
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by leceur
Thanks, getting progman now. What do you mean with microphone added? In the VO or via the .MAN file or a hardware one? I can already have phone calls via the car with bluetooth so there is a mic installed....
Ahhh k, you need just the FSC codes then.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Ahhh k, you need just the FSC codes then.
Guess I need to Google those?

Quick Reply: Car Coding