Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I am saying good bye to my 545i

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Don't give up on BMW just yet. Like many big companies, if you keep trying, you will probably eventually find someone that will help you. When my ED redelivery was unexplainably delayed (11 weeks!), I sent an email to CEO Dr. Helmut Panke and Cc'd BMWNA. It was factual and explained clearly why I was unhappy and what I wanted (my car, tomorrow!). It took some time, but they ultimately fell all over themselves trying to make me happy.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

No, I think you can just upload it as an attachment.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Jul 19 2005, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for your simpathy.? Ice, I did not realize that today is my 1st anniversary here at the board.? Looking back at my earlier posts before I got my car, asking newbie questions...etc really brings back memory.

I have contemplated in asking for a trade in assist, but my valve-slapping problem was deemed to be "Normal Valvetronic Characteristics" by FSE, so buying a 550i which have the same engine architecture will exhibit the same noises.? Therefore, no assist was warranted, according to BMWNA and the dealer.?

I still want to make the Sundays So. Cali meet, I don't think the car will fly out the window since there are so many other used 5'er for sale.? But I also don't want to wait for the official debut of 550i in a month, this will kill my resale value even further.

I just called BMWNA and left a message to the same customer service advisor asking to speak with his advisor.? I want to make sure I had explored every last option.? I have already put my car for sale in magazine and online.? I don't have much time left, so I have to do both simutaneously. Hopefully, BMWNA will do something miracleously for me to keep me in the brand or in this car.

My official days in service is about 22 days.? 5 times out of 6 months since I took redelivery on Jan. 11th.? I really need and want something more reliable to be happy.? Am I asking too much?

I don't have anything against BMW's products, heck, I still think 5'er rocks.? I also think my neighbor's golden retriever rocks, but I would never have it as my own.
I would most likely take a hard look at Infinity M45 or Mercedes CLS500.? My wife cannot stand Lexus GS430, so this option is out.? I've owned Audi A6 before (1999-2003) and its depreciation was way below peer, making it expensive to own.

That Honda Odyssey is looking mighty temping just about now

[snapback]150693[/snapback]
If you wait until Friday ( fingers crossed ) - I will have some more news. If the tolerance of the new valve levers is different ( correct ) then normally, there should be no audible valve tapping during acceleration through 2000rpm under load. If so, put me in touch with your dealer, I will personally give them my mind, backed up by my experience.

It's up to you. It's funny though that some other members have had this problem fixed, eg. Epochii http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7433&st=30

Good luck in any case.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

happy anniversary, speedracerf4i ! i've mentioned in the forum a few times and i don't mind to say it again. cls500 only looks good but drives... :'(. so will you consider another bmw again? new x5 will be out by the end of next year and it'll be a 7 seater. i can almost 100% guarantee it'll be way better than odyssey .
Old 07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Anyone have the contact to BMW NA customers relation? I would like to ask to see if we can gather enough man power to call into BMW NA expressing our concerns saying is this the way to treat a customer? What if this happened to one of us? Will we get thrown around and nothing reseolved?

I suggest we ALL (those that want to help) e-mail BMW NA and call them and let them know.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone have the contact to BMW NA customers relation? I would like to ask to see if we can gather enough man power to call into BMW NA expressing our concerns saying is this the way to treat a customer? What if this happened to one of us? Will we get thrown around and nothing reseolved?

I suggest we ALL (those that want to help) e-mail BMW NA and call them and let them know.
[snapback]150949[/snapback]
Thanks EBMC for your relentless support.

I have a video (mpeg1) clip of the tapping noises I showed to the dealer. It is 3 minutes long. I will see if I can upload to a host and let you all be the judge of whether I had a legitimate complain.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

If mails need to be sent to express our concerns you can count me in! I think it is absolutely anti-social the way speedracerF4i is treated.. This needs to be straightened out!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

count me in as well . although my english is bad, i know some four letter words are quite useful in this case .
Old 07-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh ya! we need to help a fellow E60er out. I certainly wont want to be treated like that if I had problems with my car... we need to express our concerns to BMW NA. Voices are heard in numbers. How many megs is the video??

Ok so who wants to help? I'll gather names... and dig out some e-mail and mailing address and provide eveyone with it. Send me a PM with your e-mail so when I get the e-mail addie and or address we can send a e-mail or formal mail out to BMW NA.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:00 AM
I have a video (mpeg1) clip of the tapping noises I showed to the dealer.? It is 3 minutes long.? I will see if I can upload to a host and let you all be the judge of whether I had a legitimate complain.
[snapback]151125[/snapback]
I doubt Busta would mind if you put the video up on his FTP site. He posted the information on how to login to it in the TIS CD thread...

Quick Reply: I am saying good bye to my 545i