Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I am saying good bye to my 545i

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525xi

This is truely very sad. I am going to have my first BMW and hoping for the best. I totally agree with you that no one can enjoy the 'performance' without the 'reliability'. Good luck!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

That's too bad, better luck next time.

Having said that, there is probably the same post on virtually every car enthusiast board for every model on the planet. Crap happens. Unfortunately it happened on you this time.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Hey man sorry to see you go.. I know we really didn't get to know each other but I have seen ya around sad to hear your getting rid of your car but I may have a story to tell you... in 2002 my family bought a 745i it was good for a while but then a couple problems started happening with the car...to make a long story short after all that transpired this is what happened... we ended up switching the car for an 03 745Li we only paid the difference of the MSRP from the 745i to the 745Li... not what the 745i would have gone if we sold it as is, they went by the sheet value of what was the orignal price... now like another member stated switching to a 550i doesn't sound to crazy to me .. but anyway hope to see you around man and goodluck
Old 07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:37 PM
[quote name='530iii' date='Jul 18 2005, 05:35 PM']Hate to see ya go. Maybe you should pursue a trade assist and get an ED 550i!

These e60's seem to be hit or miss sometimes.
[snapback]150484[/snapback]

I agree... what about talking to BMW NA for a trade assist?

I need to knock on wood for mine too... these things worry me.
[snapback]150488[/snapback]
[/quote]

1. That sucks!
2. I was very lucky .... but i also had some other forces helping me get my deal done (not god ... a LONG time employee of BMW & manager of previous dealerships)
3. As far as i understand ... trade-Assist is determined by the Regional Service Manager ... who either comes out to the dealership, or send the FSE out.
I was very lucky in this respect ... i bitched & complaint in the service drive in a rather loud voice witht he service manager, when the Regional Manager happened to be at the dealership, he walked by, overheard the conversation & offered his help right away. By the end of the day, i got a call stating that the regional manager officially opened a case for me, and is now involed & will help get me out of my car .... from there on it took 1 week for them to tell me that i should go ahead & place a new order ... they will Involve Trade Assist to do so.

Good Luck!

honestly .. i cannot blame you - there is only soo much patience one has ... especially if you have a ... $65K-70K car and the dealership treats you like its a damn honda.

Since i picked up my new car on friday ... this one is completely different feeling ... its problem free so far, and i am happy once again. today must have been the first monday morning that i did not spend at the dealership, or on the phone with them.

--marco
Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Contributors

I am also a new owner and really sorry to hear of your dilemma.
I picked up my 530i in May after owning Mercedes E class's for the previous 10 years. Eveyone told me that I would love it.
While my experience has not been as bad as yours, I have posted before that I thought BMW service could learn a lot from their counterparts at MB. My couple of experiences have been comical...I mean I had to bring the dealer the service/install info for adding an AUX in - this after they told me that it would not work with my car or IDrive, which it of course does.

Also, now with 3k on the car, I am dealing with creaks, squeaks, and more software glitches (now its VR!?) than an old Commodore 64! Not to mention a very weird transmission thing where the car seems to simply not down shift until I stop sometimes.

I have to say, yes it does drive great, most of the time - but with all these niggling prolems, the Buyers remorse is getting stronger every day. That new E class may be in my future very, very soon.

Auto lease trader - here I come...What a shame....

TC
Old 07-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Sorry to hear about bad service. Seems like this is an issue in the U.S. mainly? Maybe because BMW does not have control of the dealers? Are their techs trained by/at BMW?
Anyway, hope you find a better deal down the road!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Sorry to see you go speedracerF4i. I hope you'll get a good deal out of this with BMWNA. If I were you I wouldn't give up to fast and raise hell to get your money back.

My car is problemfree after a few software updates. Only thing that annoys me is that there are some squicks and rattles that I can't get rid off..
Old 07-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

Really sorry to hear about your problems with the E60. Giving up on the car will solve your problems but not salvage your lost money.

I suggest you guys in Los Angeles get together and invite the FSE or whoever represents BMW for your next get together. That is the first step towards solving your problems.

Once you guys get him there, talk about the problems that you face and maybe hear him out. I guarantee you this sort of rapport will help in all situations. Furthermore since there are a few dealers over there, assure the one who listens that they will get the first shot should anyone want to upgrade or have friends to recommend. That will surely get them to sit up and listen.

Don't give up yet, speedracer. Try this last resort.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 AM
Senior Members

where is BMW NA Customer Relations (a member here) when we need them ? speedracerf4i, why don't you email/pm them and see what are they going to do?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

Wow, it is getting scary to hear so many people having so many problems with their E60s. I am a soon-to-be E60 owner, and I chose E60 over MB E class because I thought BMW is much more reliable than MB! JD Power Associate just ranked BMW #3 in 2005 initial quality only behind Lexus and Jaguar. In many reliability rankings, BMW is always at least above the average while MB is way down at the bottom. I am crossing my fingers now... ...

Quick Reply: I am saying good bye to my 545i