E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by i545i
big question, LCI- will it make a difference on 6 speed manual's?
Since you already manually change the gears, probably the only difference is in steering tension.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:28 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54

Originally Posted by balbs
Since you already manually change the gears, probably the only difference is in steering tension.
What about throttle response from the pedal? Would he get that?
Old 11-17-2015, 07:18 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

I did this mod a few weeks ago on my NA 2004 530i automatic, cable purchased from roskinc.

Steering did not change, I guess I don't have the servotronic. However, I did notice a change in throttle response and gear shifts. There really is a "sport map" for those. Not sure if the transmission shifts any faster, hard to tell on my butt dyno.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '06 550i Sport Package
Default Non-OEM Switch Wiring

Originally Posted by Mercur1al
Found some info upon reading back through the thread. Just wanna confirm this will work for my button? I'm assuming the NC is left unconnected then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOC
8 -> C
9 -> (+)
10 -> NO
ground wire -> (-)
Thx for the info. I read every page. But i'm still not clear on the "ground wire" to negative connection. That seems to imply there's a fourth wire. But there's only three, correct? 10 is the GND slot, correct? So, connect 10 to both NO and (-)? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I understand the OEM set up completely and may end up going that route for that reason, despite the fact it will cost a lot more money than the simple, Chinese aftermarket switch.

Thx for your help.

PS: I have a 2006 550i Sport AT. The reviews here seemed indicate that the sport mode helps greatly on this model. Anybody care to chime in on that one?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '06 550i Sport Package
Default I Found Sport Mode!

And it only took 177,262 miles!! It's awosome! Steering tighter. Throttle more responsive. Holds gears longer. Love it. My '06 550i has never driven or looked better. I don't think I will ever sell her.

PS: My 14-year-old son helped install the switch. I think he was more excited than I was! It was a great father and son activity.

Happy Motoring!!
Attached Thumbnails the way E60 was meant to be-image.jpeg  

Last edited by psam550; 11-19-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:29 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008

I'm going to chime in on this because I recently did the "secret sport button mod" and I do indeed have the stiffened steering. I have a 2008 535XI.

Thanks also to rackhacker for telling me it worked on his car so I went and did it. I'm so sad that I listened to other people saying it wouldn't work on the LCI cars when I first got it a few yrs ago or I would have done it right away.

Anyways, summary of what I did:

1) did the sports transmission flash (This changed my DS to S so it's always "sport".. I don't need the DS anymore in my opinion). That was a good upgrade to start off with

2) I did the "secret sport button mod" On the LCI models USA version, you go into the glove box, remove the cover, and there is a white box above the actual row of fuses. You short pins 7 and 9 with a temporary switch.

** This enabled sport mode, and the active steering. However, NO SPORT listed on the dash

3) Went and looked and KOMBI for coding, and found FDC_VERBAUT and set it to aktiv.

** This enabled SPORT to show up on the dash.

So now the tight steering really sucks, I went to the SAT post and read this:

GESCHWIN_WERTE_SPORT_KGM
wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

STROMWERTE_SPORT_KGM
wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

I'm going to give it a shot to fix the steering while I wait for the button to come in and mount it. The one I have is not so pretty and I did it as a quick test first.

Here's my impressions though:

1) Sports mode does increase the pedal sensitivity across the board.

2) It is only slightly faster on my "S1" sports mode transmission flash.. which is also related to pedal responsiveness being better.

3) It is a WORLD of difference better in the regular "D" drive mode which is what I wanted.

4) A MAJOR bummer was that I was hoping D mode would stay that way, but with sports and D mode on, it is limited to 5 gears, not 6.

5) The tightened steering wheel is awesome for driving, but pretty rough for the slow speeds.. I hope the last set of codes worked.

6) If just this button was responsible for all this.. I might have not bothered coding the SAT flash.. but I have a feeling they all work in conjunction since a lot of people have mentioned increase in steering wheel effort, but no increase in transmission.. this is probably why they said not to do it in the first place.

As everyone said.. do it.. it's a different car! (Oh right, I also have JB4 in.. so it's cheating since it's even better with the JB4) Hehe
Old 12-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

I need to meet u to flash my car
Please pm your phone number
Thx u
Old 12-03-2015, 08:30 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Who me?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

yes plz ;]]
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 6MT M-sport 550i

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum so I could share my experience on this topic. I was about to but a sprint booster until I stumbled onto this thread. I did this mod over the weekend. I have a 6mt Lci 550i and it tightens the steering, makes the throttle more responsive, but I also noticed something else. The suspension gets more rigid. I noticed that when in sport mode, I road noise increased slightly, especially when hitting and bump or something like a reflector on the road. My car has ARS so I'm pretty sure sport mode also tightens up the static setting of the sway bars when activated.
I didn't like the idea of mounting the button near the shifter or dash so I mounted the button on the panel under the DVD player just above the DSC button.
I tool a lot of pictures of how I did everything. I'll post the pictures if anyone is interested.
I sold my 2jz 240sx and bought this car to get me through school. I'm loving the big cushy 4 door life.

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be