Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Well, you can definitely use non-M E46 wheels - offsets are a perfect match for Xi

Love those seats on your E46 btw!
Sold the wheels with my E46... plus they were a measly 235 in width.

Thanks! One part of my car that I truly miss. Sparco Imolas in a color combo that was only released pre-production.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

This Thread is EP!C. Feel like owning a 530XI is no longer a 1 way road!

After reading EVERYTHING...I decided to put some money down and start tweaking a few things..

1) Bought & Installed KW 3 Coils
2) Purchased ESM BBS LM Rep Wheels ...Here is the kicker...Staggered Front-20x8.5 ET 35 + Rear=20x10 ET40.
Tires = Front 245/35/20 Rear= 275/35/20....Have not installed them yet.. waiting on tires to arrive. I HOPE they fit!
3) Replaces Angel Eyes with 5000K White.
4) Next on the list, M5 Rep Front Bumper.

I attached a picture....mine is the Silver Bullet (Elena) Friends is the blue 550i (Cesar)

Would love to hear what you fine BMW Drivers have to say and opinion on my wheel/tire SETUP..
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-20120211_150258-2-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Members

Close Up of Elena (07 530xi) on KW Variant 3 Coils.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT6

It's great to see someone so excited. Welcome.

I know the 20's will look truly awesome, however I wouldn't want to be the one using them. That's not much space between the rim and road under a heavy car. Plus, the rife becomes more harsh as you approach riding on a solid wheel.

Again, it will look cool though. I had 19's on my e91 and didn't know any better. I suppose you will have a little more sidewall than I did due to overall proportional tire size though.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jwestpro
It's great to see someone so excited. Welcome.

I know the 20's will look truly awesome, however I wouldn't want to be the one using them. That's not much space between the rim and road under a heavy car. Plus, the rife becomes more harsh as you approach riding on a solid wheel.

Again, it will look cool though. I had 19's on my e91 and didn't know any better. I suppose you will have a little more sidewall than I did due to overall proportional tire size though.

I feel like its Christmas every-time I buy a new part for my car...
Had the experience of 19" DUBS (BRICKS) wheels on my Audi A4 with KW 2 Coils. Wasn't too harsh...POT Holes...RIP rubber+Wheels. If that was not enough I also had 19" on my E320 4Matic.
Going for stance over comfort with my wheel setup....I can always switch it up down the road if my ass hurts Lets just say my wife wont be driving the car any-more..should I get the divorce papers ready..LOL
I am entertaining the thought of STRETCH which is the "new" look but again that will take away from comfort some more!

My main concern is my staggered fitments and my tire sizes....how much can I push it to keep the same diamter and stretch the rubber?

PS Love the Silver Wagon with the the clean Wheel SETUP. That was my initial search/choice couldn't find anything up here in BC. Any future plans?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Polski Polonez
My main concern is my staggered fitments and my tire sizes....how much can I push it to keep the same diamter and stretch the rubber?

PS Love the Silver Wagon with the the clean Wheel SETUP. That was my initial search/choice couldn't find anything up here in BC. Any future plans?
"plans" ? I don't have the e91 anymore. wish I did. In fact I wish I STILL had them all:
06 e85 (wow that was a fun year)
07 Subaru Outback 3.0 (my first wagon replaced above roadster! )
07 e91 (replacement to above. in first month we drove a 5000 miles trip from NC up through Quebec, Ontario, and back through Minnesota)
08 VW Touareg V10 tdi (replaced e91)
08 Audi S4 Avant (replaced VW) - still have the Audi !
08 E61 finally a wagon just for me Hope to run the wheels off

06 Landcruiser
07 Land Rover LR3 (replaced above)
07 Range Rover SC (replaced above)
07 LR3 (replaced above) - finally kept something - still have it
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Polski Polonez
Well, you aren't trying to use extreme offsets so I'm thinking it will be just fine. Personally I wouldn't want to combine the stretch effect with the small sidewall. I also think the E60/61 body looks better with a solid looking tire, not a thin stretched effect.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Members

"plans" ? I don't have the e91 anymore. wish I did. In fact I wish I STILL had them all:
06 e85 (wow that was a fun year)
07 Subaru Outback 3.0 (my first wagon replaced above roadster! )
07 e91 (replacement to above. in first month we drove a 5000 miles trip from NC up through Quebec, Ontario, and back through Minnesota)
08 VW Touareg V10 tdi (replaced e91)
08 Audi S4 Avant (replaced VW) - still have the Audi !
08 E61 finally a wagon just for me Hope to run the wheels off

06 Landcruiser
07 Land Rover LR3 (replaced above)
07 Range Rover SC (replaced above)
07 LR3 (replaced above) - finally kept something - still have it
Hmmm, still going down your list...glad I have a fast track scroll mouse
Well I guess I know who I will be speaking to when Im in the market for an Audi Wagon S4 Avant.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Members

Well, you aren't trying to use extreme offsets so I'm thinking it will be just fine. Personally I wouldn't want to combine the stretch effect with the small sidewall. I also think the E60/61 body looks better with a solid looking tire, not a thin stretched effect.
Your right on the money, that was my safety net...safe offset numbers. Your giving me some back bone on sticking with side wall rather then going stretch...my saving grace is the 20" wheels that will look clean with the large E60 body.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Members

Can anyone shed some light on there experience rolling on ESM Wheels for a longer-term. Durability, Reliability, Ride Quality Est....I guess ill find out soon enough since I already bought them.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi