Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 528xi 2004 325xit

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Another options for wheels for Xi:

here's the thread:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/951...&#entry1126669
and a pic:

They are called AluFelgen SF-71

AluFelgen Co is on Facebook with tons of photos. Hope we get to see more of these wheels on E60s!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by TLO03
not sure about aftermarket, but i'm looking at style 128's from a x3,i put this in the e61 forum as well.

stock: 7.5 x 17 et 43

x3 style 128's
front 8.5 x 19 et 46 i'm figuring nice fit maybe cosmetic spacers
rear 9 x 19 et 51 this might be close on the strut side so mandatory spacers 10-15mm

will they fit?
Yep, you'll definitely need spacers with those offsets.

Gonna look nice though, GL
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Yep, you'll definitely need spacers with those offsets.

Gonna look nice though, GL
Why would you need spacers?

The rears are 19x9, with an offset of 51. Stock 18s, in my case, are 18x8 with an offset of 43. Because of the inch width difference, you end up with a positive offset difference. The 128s will stick out 5mm more than stock.

For the fronts, it will stick out an extra 3mm.

Check the calculator here: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

So it will sit about the same, but still be further out than the OEM wheels.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by TLO03
not sure about aftermarket, but i'm looking at style 128's from a x3,i put this in the e61 forum as well.

stock: 7.5 x 17 et 43

x3 style 128's
front 8.5 x 19 et 46 i'm figuring nice fit maybe cosmetic spacers
rear 9 x 19 et 51 this might be close on the strut side so mandatory spacers 10-15mm

will they fit?

Yes they will fit and they look awesome on an e60. Another xi forum member put these on and they are just awesome.

He did add spacers as described.

http://forums.5serie...age__hl__128+xi
Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
Why would you need spacers?

The rears are 19x9, with an offset of 51. Stock 18s, in my case, are 18x8 with an offset of 43. Because of the inch width difference, you end up with a positive offset difference. The 128s will stick out 5mm more than stock.

For the fronts, it will stick out an extra 3mm.

Check the calculator here: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

So it will sit about the same, but still be further out than the OEM wheels.
You're right, "need" was not the exact word I should have used. You're going to "want" spacers.

Look at the pic below, this car has 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back - it STILL looks like it could use another 10mm all around (especially, when compared to the pics of C's old 530Xi):
Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-xi.jpg
Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

You're right, "need" was not the exact word I should have used. You're going to "want" spacers.

Look at the pic below, this car has 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back - it STILL looks like it could use another 10mm all around (especially, when compared to the pics of C's old 530Xi):
Attachment 101121
Ya, I figured you meant for the "look". I just wanted to make sure he didn't think you needed them for the wheels to work properly.

On a side note, has anyone experienced problems with vibrations using spacers on an XI? I've never been a big fan of making the track wider for the look, especially for a daily driver.

Opinions?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Contributors

I don't think widening the track is bad - it just requires a re-alignment of the car and you'd need to get that done at a shop that knows how to align the suspension right. I am certainly looking forward to widening the track on my car

Also you'll need to rotate the tires more often to be sure they wear evenly.

As for spacers, as long as you use hubcentric spacers and buy quality, you should be juuuuuust fine. Let it be clear that I generally am against spacers - which is why I will be getting the offsets to be sure that wheels are flush, like I want them. However, AFAIK Rogue Engineering makes THE BEST spacers out there. I've discussed this with Rogue's founding partner and operator, and he confirmed to me as well that it is best to not use spacers wherever possible.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by -Mike-
Yes they will fit and they look awesome on an e60. Another xi forum member put these on and they are just awesome.

He did add spacers as described.

http://forums.5serie...age__hl__128+xi
just what i neede to see thanks mike..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Senior Members

I don't think widening the track is bad - it just requires a re-alignment of the car and you'd need to get that done at a shop that knows how to align the suspension right. I am certainly looking forward to widening the track on my car

Also you'll need to rotate the tires more often to be sure they wear evenly.

As for spacers, as long as you use hubcentric spacers and buy quality, you should be juuuuuust fine. Let it be clear that I generally am against spacers - which is why I will be getting the offsets to be sure that wheels are flush, like I want them. However, AFAIK Rogue Engineering makes THE BEST spacers out there. I've discussed this with Rogue's founding partner and operator, and he confirmed to me as well that it is best to not use spacers wherever possible.
After speaking with Pauken4 (member with the Gray XI on 128s), I've decided to try the install of my 128s first without spacers. Pauken thinks that the fronts might rub without a spacer, but we will see. Since I plan to keep the car for the long haul, and it is a daily driver, I do not see a benefit in putting the spacers on unless I really need to.

128s going on mid-April. I will definitely make a thread with what I find, and how it sits.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
After speaking with Pauken4 (member with the Gray XI on 128s), I've decided to try the install of my 128s first without spacers. Pauken thinks that the fronts might rub without a spacer, but we will see. Since I plan to keep the car for the long haul, and it is a daily driver, I do not see a benefit in putting the spacers on unless I really need to.

128s going on mid-April. I will definitely make a thread with what I find, and how it sits.
Don't forget to post up some pics when you get those shoes on

GL

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi