Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Bumping Threads Banned

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tprenaldo' post='720060' date='Nov 13 2008, 04:16 PM
Someone please explain to me what a bump is again. (Like I was a six year old!) Seriously.

A bump is a post that only serves to bump the topic back to the top of the list.
Newest posts/threads are always shown first, so people bump their threads so that they are on top of the list where everyone sees them.

Such posts are (in example):

bump
bumb
ttt
up
^
PM replied
PM sent
Or simply just a smiley

All just serve to bring the topic up to position one again.

And as we already said they interfere with the search and the view new posts function.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Got it! And not a bump
Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='720047' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:05 AM
OK...

I will explain it for JBSPEED one last time.

JB, I don't own the forum and I don't act like I do. If I would do so or in fact would own it, you would have been banned the day you posted the first time here.
I have absolutely no problem at all when people want to sell their stuff. I don't even have a problem when people want to make money.
But this forum is a car forum for enthusiasts. Everyone here talks about their cars. While doing so, you are going to sell and buy and that's fine.
Now, vendors that just come here to sell and make money are fine as long as they don't interfere too much. We accept it, since it is a good thing for our members. But only up to a ceratin point.
What just recently happened is not only your fault!
You mentioned Trinity... So, let's talk about them...
Trinity, that's guys who in fact have E60's and share the passion of owning BMW's.
Of course they bump more than you (more threads, etc.), and I don't like it at all!!!
This new policy is NOT a policy against JBSPEED, it is a policy that is made to make this forum the place it has been before.
You are just one little piece of the problem.

Now, back to your replica selling...

When registering for this forum, you have agreed to our terms of use, the rules here on e60.net.
Very basic rules, but it clearly says:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

So, the mods and admins of this forum already have the right to ban you and delete your threads. Think about it, and think about how we have treated you so far...
If you still feel this is just against you, I can't really help you.

I am pretty sure the rules we will write up will clearly state NO REPLICA sales here. But as just stated above, we don't really need to, since you have agreed to not post anything that is against the law, and replicas are at least violative of copyright laws worldwide!

Now, in general, the latest bump war was started by eurorev, who bumped all of his threads. And he seems to have posted everything he has in stock here. Right after you, JBSPEED, have bumped your threads. At this point we had about 40 bumps and all private sales from members who share the passion and are known enthusiasts were bounced off page 1. I knew what's going to happen next, and it happened. The west coast woke up and we had more bumps... And when Trinitys threads were bumped I've had enough and got in a conversation with our admin about it. That is what I am here for!

You are just ONE of the guys that bump excessively.
You are the only one though, who is only here to sell and doesn't seem to share the passion, and who violates worldwide laws, even though you have agreed to not do so.

This discussion is over, JB. Don't reply!

Thank you,

Andr? "Iceman"

HHHOOOOORAAAAHHHHH iceman has just left the building!! the show is over.. lol.. LOVVIIIN IT!!!! LOL.. im dancing.. im dancing..
Old 11-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I'm amazed how quickly this thread grew overnight, sheesh. Renaldo you said it best, thank you!

Now, it seems like the idea of creating a "Vendor Classifieds" sub section is unanimously thought of as a good idea. We'll take it step-by-step and create this section first, populate with related threads, and see what happens. I'm not looking to split the classifieds into 50 different sub sections.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='719442' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:48 PM
To all Classifieds Posters:

As of today, if you "bump" your thread here in the classifieds sub-forum, the entire thread will be deleted. By bumping your thread we mean your typical "bump" post, in addition to "PM Sent/Replied/Answered" type posts, and any unnecessary "thank you" type postings all of which serve no purpose other than to move the thread in question up. This type of activity clutters up the forum and quickly moves items from private sellers from public view.

In addition, due to the large amount activity as of late, we're thinking to possibly split up the classifieds sub-forum into private sales which would continue to be posted on the main classifieds sub-forum page and create a new "Vendor Sales" related sub-forum for those type of postings. What do you all think?

Finally, by the end of this year, we're thinking of instituting some very basic rules here to hopefully eliminate some of the recent complaints we've been getting.

What do you all think about these issues?

My opinions.
  • Separate vendor and private seller classified sections
  • All For sale items should have prices, especially Vendors
  • One bump or "to the top" per day for private sellers and one per week for vendors

BP
Old 11-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='720120' date='Nov 13 2008, 05:25 PM
My opinions.
  • Separate vendor and private seller classified sections
  • All For sale items should have prices, especially Vendors
  • One bump or "to the top" per day for private sellers and one per week for vendors

BP
#2 is a problem for vendors that sell below the minimum allowed advertised price and #3 is almost impossibe for us to control. That would be too much work.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Hmm now what if for example trinity posts a thread and jbspeed dislikes it, now all jbspeed has to do is bump trinitys thread to get it deleted? Just a example...Bump=Delete thread
Old 11-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='720142' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:48 AM
Hmm now what if for example trinity posts a thread and jbspeed dislikes it, now all jbspeed has to do is bump trinitys thread to get it deleted? Just a example...Bump=Delete thread
In that hypothetical scenario, it sounds like malicious intent on JBSPEED's part.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='720142' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:48 AM
if soemthing like that happens then that vendor deserves to be banned, I mean everyone is an adult here (I hope) and should act like one.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='720126' date='Nov 13 2008, 11:30 AM
#2 is a problem for vendors that sell below the minimum allowed advertised price and #3 is almost impossibe for us to control. That would be too much work.

#2: If for some reason a vendor is selling a part at a crazy low price and feels the manufacturer will be PO'd then they can simply say "price to low to post". In my opinion this is rarely the case. Some vendors have websites with listed prices but refuse to list the price here.

#3: Yes it will be hard to police but us members usually help. After a few TO's you will see the bumps stop.

I belong to a few other forums with these types of rules and everything seems to be running pretty smooth.

BP

Quick Reply: Bumping Threads Banned