Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Bumping Threads Banned

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='720014' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:33 AM
His pricing isn't any better than eBay.
its not I know but I personally feel better about buying something from someone on a forum as opposed to ebay. Thats just a personal thing but I prefer to buy from somone that I have conversed with about the product, and in the case of other boards this would be supporting the vendors that support our boards. Which is why I think vendors should have to pay to run there businesses here.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='719966' date='Nov 13 2008, 09:28 AM
Now we have a rule: NO bumps, ttt's, Up's, PM replied, etc.
This is NOT a ONCE a day is OK policy!

What you say about the prices sounds funny from a guy that sells REPLICAS and doesn't give out prices, what should and hopefully will be the next big nono here, and tries to make maximum profit with different pricing for different people without saying it's a replica, the third nono IMHO.
Replicas are violating the law...
If you really feel the need for selling them, SAY it and give public pricing infos.

But prices and replicas are something we need to look at when writing up rules now...

Maybe you should tell trinity to stop bumping too.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='720022' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:41 AM
Maybe you should tell trinity to stop bumping too.
hey man fighting with the adimistrators is just going to get you kicked out of here, which will be bad for everyone. You want to be here to sell your stuff, I (and others I think) want you here to sell stuff and help keep prices in the consumers favor so try helping rather then fighting.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cleung' post='720029' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:49 AM
hey man fighting with the adimistrators is just going to get you kicked out of here, which will be bad for everyone. You want to be here to sell your stuff, I (and others I think) want you here to sell stuff and help keep prices in the consumers favor so try helping rather then fighting.

Bro I know. It's just they are picking on me everytime. I'm sure everyone can see it. The very first time they woudln't stop saying I was spamming, but it turn out I wasn't. I was legit. So....you know. They just woudln't stop.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Trinity has already stopped bumping their posts. In fact, their bumps as well as Eurorev's was in response to your bumps.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='720022
Trinity has already stopped bumping their posts. In fact, their bumps as well as Eurorev's was in response to your bumps.
Got it JBSPEED (aka Brian)? Or did you miss that too?

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='720016' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:36 AM
My price might not be cheaper than Ebay, but I'm sure my quality is better. If you wanna talk about Ebay here, why dont' you just go shop on Ebay. There is no need to even have a classified section.
As usual, you're missing the point. Point was the quality is the same as some of the items being sold in eBay. You're telling me that the products you sell are being manufactured here? I don't think so. AFAIK, your products are being shipped from Taiwan or China; this is no different than those sold on eBay aside from the better pricing available there.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='720032' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:52 AM
Bro I know. It's just they are picking on me everytime. I'm sure everyone can see it. The very first time they woudln't stop saying I was spamming, but it turn out I wasn't. I was legit. So....you know. They just woudln't stop.
they pick on you because you haven't established yourself here like the other long time vendors, and you are a very agressive seller on here as of late. Just be an honest seller with good prices and people won't mind you being here.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by cleung' post='720038' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:55 AM
they pick on you because you haven't established yourself here like the other long time vendors, and you are a very agressive seller on here as of late. Just be an honest seller with good prices and people won't mind you being here.
Well said. And don't try to scam people, which you did initially. That leaves a bad taste in people's mouth --- and people remember, and people talk.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

OK...

I will explain it for JBSPEED one last time.

JB, I don't own the forum and I don't act like I do. If I would do so or in fact would own it, you would have been banned the day you posted the first time here.
I have absolutely no problem at all when people want to sell their stuff. I don't even have a problem when people want to make money.
But this forum is a car forum for enthusiasts. Everyone here talks about their cars. While doing so, you are going to sell and buy and that's fine.
Now, vendors that just come here to sell and make money are fine as long as they don't interfere too much. We accept it, since it is a good thing for our members. But only up to a ceratin point.
What just recently happened is not only your fault!
You mentioned Trinity... So, let's talk about them...
Trinity, that's guys who in fact have E60's and share the passion of owning BMW's.
Of course they bump more than you (more threads, etc.), and I don't like it at all!!!
This new policy is NOT a policy against JBSPEED, it is a policy that is made to make this forum the place it has been before.
You are just one little piece of the problem.

Now, back to your replica selling...

When registering for this forum, you have agreed to our terms of use, the rules here on e60.net.
Very basic rules, but it clearly says:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

So, the mods and admins of this forum already have the right to ban you and delete your threads. Think about it, and think about how we have treated you so far...
If you still feel this is just against you, I can't really help you.

I am pretty sure the rules we will write up will clearly state NO REPLICA sales here. But as just stated above, we don't really need to, since you have agreed to not post anything that is against the law, and replicas are at least violative of copyright laws worldwide!

Now, in general, the latest bump war was started by eurorev, who bumped all of his threads. And he seems to have posted everything he has in stock here. Right after you, JBSPEED, have bumped your threads. At this point we had about 40 bumps and all private sales from members who share the passion and are known enthusiasts were bounced off page 1. I knew what's going to happen next, and it happened. The west coast woke up and we had more bumps... And when Trinitys threads were bumped I've had enough and got in a conversation with our admin about it. That is what I am here for!

You are just ONE of the guys that bump excessively.
You are the only one though, who is only here to sell and doesn't seem to share the passion, and who violates worldwide laws, even though you have agreed to not do so.

This discussion is over, JB. Don't reply!

Thank you,

Andr? "Iceman"
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Someone please explain to me what a bump is again. (Like I was a six year old!) Seriously.
I'm sure the administrator didn't start this thread to be a bitch session against anyone in particular. It's his house and he'll clean it up the way he sees fit. Perhaps he needs a Segeant of Arms to regulate the bickering.

He asked for your opinions, provide them, and move on. Let him decide what he will institute after he receives your opinions, and then abide by his new rules, PERIOD!

Law enforcement is so easy.

Quick Reply: Bumping Threads Banned