Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Bumping Threads Banned

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Originally Posted by cleung' post='720151' date='Nov 13 2008, 11:59 AM
if soemthing like that happens then that vendor deserves to be banned, I mean everyone is an adult here (I hope) and should act like one.
they can always make a new username to hide their idenity
Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='720142' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:48 AM
Hmm now what if for example trinity posts a thread and jbspeed dislikes it, now all jbspeed has to do is bump trinitys thread to get it deleted? Just a example...Bump=Delete thread
Uh...we're talking about people bumping their own threads so the Admins aren't stupid enough to delete Trinity's thread when it got bumped by JBSPEED.

But then again, what if someone else bumps a seller's thread cause they're friends?

Anyway, regarding the replica issue, I'm not saying I condone fake products but not a lot of people can afford to or would want to spend money on the real thing so it'd be a shame to ban them. I think we should just make sure sellers are not lying about the authenticity of the products.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='720164' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:10 PM
Uh...we're talking about people bumping their own threads so the Admins aren't stupid enough to delete Trinity's thread when it got bumped by JBSPEED.

But then again, what if someone else bumps a seller's thread cause they're friends?

Anyway, regarding the replica issue, I'm not saying I condone fake products but not a lot of people can afford to or would want to spend money on the real thing so it'd be a shame to ban them. I think we should just make sure sellers are not lying about the authenticity of the products.
that's what I meant also I was just using trinity and jbspeed as a example
Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I agree about the split vendors section, also what about a consolidation of there Vendor items on one thread resulting in only one bump. So, there thread Title could be "Vendor's name is selling", and They could just bump there one thread with links in it to the other for sale threads.

Instead of using the word bump how about another word such as "up" so there would be no interference with the search for bumpers.

Just a thought...
Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Can someone explain to me exactly why vendors cannot post a certain price on a certain product?

I understand that some prices are below the MSRP, but who actually takes the big hit here? Isn't it the vendor and NOT the manufacturer? I'm so confused as to how this margin works... I thought as long as the manufacturer makes the sales in wholesale then the vendor can sell them for however much they want??? sorry im totally new to this

Because honestly I'd rather see a posted price but someone needs to clarify to me what would happen if a vendor did post a price on a part below MSRP? what are the consequences? Someone break it down for me like 5 year old
Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='720235' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:27 PM
Can someone explain to me exactly why vendors cannot post a certain price on a certain product?

I understand that some prices are below the MSRP, but who actually takes the big hit here? Isn't it the vendor and NOT the manufacturer? I'm so confused as to how this margin works... I thought as long as the manufacturer makes the sales in wholesale then the vendor can sell them for however much they want??? sorry im totally new to this

Because honestly I'd rather see a posted price but someone needs to clarify to me what would happen if a vendor did post a price on a part below MSRP? what are the consequences? Someone break it down for me like 5 year old
some manufacturers don't allow vendors to sell products below a certain price because they think that it cheapens there product price wise and the fact that if everyone has one its not so elite anymore. ie. if everyone owned a authentic acs bodykit then it wouldn't be any big deal to have a authentic acs bodykit, all the hype and stigma of owning a acs bodykit would be gone.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cleung' post='720264' date='Nov 13 2008, 03:10 PM
some manufacturers don't allow vendors to sell products below a certain price because they think that it cheapens there product price wise and the fact that if everyone has one its not so elite anymore. ie. if everyone owned a authentic acs bodykit then it wouldn't be any big deal to have a authentic acs bodykit, all the hype and stigma of owning a acs bodykit would be gone.
That makes sense. thanks for clarifying
Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Contributors

For some reason, I don't agree with this "bump = deleted thread"......
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by White5' post='720322' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:24 PM
For some reason, I don't agree with this "bump = deleted thread"......
I feel the same way actually...

Bumped threads have never bothered me and I do it my self to my threads in my own way here and there. I know I really don't go to page 2 or deeper when I'm browsing. just because something fell to the back doesn't mean no one wanted to have anything to do with it. Maybe the right people just weren't looking that day. I actually think that splitting the vendors and private sellers is enough to lessen the problem. There are just too many people fighting for one small front page of posts right now.

On the same note I personally don't like the other forums who have everything sub-categorized into all the little things. I like to look at everything in one place for private sellers, and one place for vendors...

Just my .02
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='720142

In both of the above mentioned cases you have to remember one thing: The decission is made by the mods and admins, and we're no robots. We are looking at it closely and then make our decission.
The rule is: bump=thread deletion.
If somone else bumps it, I will delete the bump and send a warning by PM. If it happens again I'll report the member to the admin so he has to deal with it.

I am also pretty sure that we will not have to deal with many problems once everyone accespts that the rule exists.

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='720229
I know the reason and I find it hard to accept.

Quick Reply: Bumping Threads Banned