Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

You can check the actual weather on the nurburgring webcam.
It's in the upper right corner of this website.
Someone used to mention that you can set it as a self refreshing wallpaper....didn't figure out yet how that works.

Here's a pic of doc horror and me cruising the ring a few weeks back where we went for the sneak preview!
Attached Thumbnails E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008-nurburgring.jpg  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Members

Guys,

In the event that you are getting anxious, and have too much time at your hand. Just browsed the BMW Website, there is a "free game" for an M3 on the Nordschleife - so, get it and familiarise yourselve with the track

http://www.bmw.com/com/de/newvehicles/mser...me/content.html

Rgds

Patrick
Old 04-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Hey Patrick,

you coming back ot vienna after the meet? if yes, you might bring a parcel back for me, provided you meet 530dA - he has a set of m5 mirrors for me

greetings from the 22nd

cu
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Members

heya,

Sure, let him know that it is OK for me to take them with me, and I would be happy to.

I will be arriving on Sunday in Vienna, could meet you there (here in Vienna) or on Monday, as you wish

Rgds from the 12th

Patrick
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Contributors

That sounds great...

If he gets the mirror by friday, he will give it to you otherwise he will just ship it ot me next week...

thanx for playing the courier - i would rather have the mirrors get driven in a bmw than in a merc dhl van

cu
Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Members

Hey Pete,
r
Why dont you get the M5 mirrors as well - this way you could replace your "truck-mirrors" by some decent ones -while we still can, afterall the new EU laws regarding size are not in place (yet).

Rgds

Patrick
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Pete is a bit passive when it comes to mods - he loves his favourite excuse " it is a company car" I tried to convince him to do the SAT mod, but he seems reluctant. The m5 mirror is a bigger mod compared to the SAT (because it is ext vs. int), so i guess the "company car" issue is once again on the agenda
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Members

Naw - dont think so. He is just very "female" when it comes to installations or any type of physical labor

having said that, yes, since I also have a company car, this means "nononono" to certain types of mods, but mirrors are "easy" mods, get them painted, take off old ones, fit new ones, your pretty much set.

and xcuse my ignorance with the E6Xs, but what is an SAT mod?!?!

Satisfactory "heiny" (aXX) treatment?
Swedish Audi Transformation?
Seriously Awesome Turbo?

Hey, I even thought about getting the performance seats for mine, but then i remembered I would have to store the factory Sport Seats somewhere
But since he (and I) are getting the sprintbooster things, this is the first real mod apart from rims I guess..
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Contributors

The SAT mod is a deep operation into the heart of our car Basically, the Sportautomatic changes the behaviour of your automatic tranny - an expensive mod (1500 EUR) but it may be really worth it

If i only knew you needed a Sprintbooster - I have had one lying around at home all this time, you could have tested mine be4 buying it off me

Performance seats??? hmmm - selfstorage.at offers your storage space for 50 EUR a month
Old 04-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Members

Well, then i can understand Pete not going the SAT route. This is another NONONONONO on company cars, believe me. We are already stretching the limits with custom orders, bigger engines, M-sports kists, big rims and washing it every week. So, we need to pace ourselves and "keep a lower profile" - and I dont mean lowering the car

DAMN: didnt know that. So, what did you think of the SB?! any good?

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008