Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='566981' date='Apr 24 2008, 08:26 AM
Quick update:

- The route and list of addresses are sorted and documented. (MacSid -- many thanks for your help here, top job)
- BMW Colgne is expecting our visit for the meet.
- The hotel reservations are sorted in cologne.
- I have almost everyone's details -- thanks for the quick replies!
- We're closely monitoring the weather for sun, but will be able to run for cover nearby at each loaction if it rains, i.e. Plan B!
- The T?V garage has been pre-warned that we may need some E60 "green badge" environmental stickers
- I'll confirm the restaurant reservation this afternoon and order the starter-platters to be ready for when we arrive.
- My sprint booster (and Thyrus') are waiting for me in Wiesbaden to be fitted ahead of the meet -- we-hey!

The summary document will be PM'ed to you on Friday (tomorrow) and I will also bring hardcopies on the day.

Its all coming together just nicely...

Only 2 days to go...
Looks like you've been busy on the phone, Pete.

2 days to the meet ... 1.3 days till I get on that plane to head home and am reunited with my beastie
Old 04-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn and CRAP!

I just realised that I should have bought some more parts for my baby, and now all dealers here are out-of-stock and to late for delivery!!!

I guess the meet is called a "compelling event"

Cheers

patrick

PS: If any of you, by any chance, would be able to ask their local dealers if they would have the BMW Performance shifter (Knob with Alcantara and the alcaltare shift "bag") available for a E90, I would really appreciate that
Old 04-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Thyrus' post='567078' date='Apr 24 2008, 03:12 PM
PS: If any of you, by any chance, would be able to ask their local dealers if they would have the BMW Performance shifter (Knob with Alcantara and the alcaltare shift "bag") available for a E90, I would really appreciate that
hmmm - let me see. I must have something lying around here..... man we are in vienna - by the time the performance parts gets to our stealers, we will have the f10 facelift
Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Yep, sure looks like a compelling event.

Wonder who has the easter eggs in store for us?

Pete?
Attached Thumbnails E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008-egg.jpg  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 AM
Members

Ok, 2 days to go, here is the weather update!

First of all: It is getting better. Todays forecast for Saturday at the RING:

Chance of Rain: 0(!!!)%
Temperature: approx 16?C
Overall: still cloudy (but hey, better than yesterday with "FOG"

If this keeps getting better, we will have 20?C, Sunshine and no rain (fingers crossed)

Rgds

P
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by garehaan' post='567086' date='Apr 24 2008, 02:27 PM
Yep, sure looks like a compelling event.

Wonder who has the easter eggs in store for us?

Pete?

That's certainly how I feel some days!

I just contacted the Italien restaurant and confirmed we would be 19 cars (Noah can't make it) and 25 people. I have ordered "antipasti-misti" on platters for us (tomato-mozzarella / bruschetta / parma ham / etc.) to be ready for when we arrive and it will cost around 4-5 euro per person We can then order main courses from the menu at our leasure.

The restaurant is only 500m from the 'Ring and they just confirmed that we can leave our cars in their car-park

Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Members

Talking

Pete,

@ "The restaurant is only 500m from the 'Ring and they just confirmed that we can leave our cars in their car-park"

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. Means one less thing to worry for all of us!!!!! I did a "virtual" tour in my head already trying to remember decent parking situation and that was one of the concerns I had, but this worked out very well.

But hey, afterall, we are throwing some money at them

So, good work mate. Aparently, event then blind get lucky sometimes

PS: You are SOOO German now, seing how you spelled "italian". I think you should burn your English passport at the ring and we will all cheer-you-up

PPS: I am gonna sit next to you and clear the plate of the ham and leave you with the "women-food"
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I had only ordered 1 high-chair for hondik's kid, maybe I should think about ordering a second one... with straps!!

As for the German - English thing, rather than managing to perfect one or the other language, I have successfully managed to become crap at both Maybe I should have a go at sign language... guess which sign I'm using right now mate
Old 04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Contributors

CONFIRMED EVENT DETAILS:

E60.NET EUROPEAN MEET -- SATURDAY 26th APRIL

The stats!
19 cars
24 people
8 countries represented
Fuel, burnt rubber and HUGE smiles -- count pending

Route & Timing
Time...............................Location
10:00 ? 11:45.................Meet at BMW Hammer K?ln-West (Cologne)
11:45 ? 12:45.................Cruise to Hotel Kalenborner H?he
12:45 ? 13:00.................Regrouping stop at Hotel Kalenborner H?he
13:00 ? 14:00.................Cruise to Hotel Am Tiergarten
14:00 ? 16:00.................Lunch at Hotel Am Tiergarten
16:00 ? 18:00.................N?rburgring: BF Goodrich race event
18:00 ? open end............?Tourist Drives? on N?rburgring (track open until 19:30)
Sat. evening, open end....Cruise back to K?ln + Dinner + Night Out
Sunday, 27 April..............Brunch in K?ln

Lunch & the N?rburgring
Lunch will be at the Hotel Am Tiergarten?s Restaurant. This is where famous racing drivers celebrated some of their victories, including Ayrton Senna and Niki Lauda!
The restaurant is only 500m from the ?Ring and we have been given permission to leave our cars at the restaurant when we go to the ?Ring to watch the race!
?Antipasti-Misti? mixed starter platters have been ordered in advance and will be ready for our arrival ? so no waiting for food! Main courses can then be ordered from the menu at our leisure.

German Environmental Zone Stickers
** Only needed for those going into Cologne city centre -- not required for our meeting points or route **
These stickers are now mandatory for all vehicles wanting to enter K?ln as well as an increasing number of German cities. They indicate your vehicle's compliance with Euro 2, 3 or 4 emissions norms as appropriate, and should be affixed to the bottom-right corner (passenger side) of your windscreen.
T?V Marsdorf (1.5km from the meet point) will issue these stickers on demand for a processing fee of EUR 5.50. You will need to bring with you the full set of car registration documents (most of us will have a 2-part document: bring both parts), on the basis of which they will issue a sticker of the appropriate colour. They will also issue a certificate supporting the sticker, and you should keep that in the car at all times just in case.

The attendee list:
1) xBMWx (Germany)
2) andy545 (Netherlands)
3) nicke60gre (Greece)
4) hondik (Czech Republic)
5) BMWMB (Belgium)
6) MacSid (Netherlands)
7) IPP (Sweden)
8) Thyrus (Germany)
9) Doc Horror (Netherlands)
10) Kazimierz (Belgium)
11) garehaan (Netherlands)
12) Doc Horror?s mate! (Netherlands)
13) luxembourg (Germany)
14) Midget (Netherlands)
15) Filip535D (Luxembourg)
16) smoppett (UK)
17) raf335i (Netherlands)
18) Sven (Belgium)
19) 530dA (Netherlands)

Attendees staying over in Cologne hotel:
1) MacSid + Mrs. MacSid (Sat.)
2) xBMWx + Mrs. xBMWx (Sat.)
3) Thyrus + Ms. Thyrus (Sat.)
4) Hondik + Mrs. Hondik + Baby (Fri.)
5) smoppett (Sat)

There's still time to sign-up and join us...!!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Pete,

"Doc Horrors mate" = Erik is bringing his son. So you can add one more person.

Getting a bit nervous.........

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='567200' date='Apr 24 2008, 05:59 PM
CONFIRMED EVENT DETAILS:

E60.NET EUROPEAN MEET -- SATURDAY 26th APRIL

The stats!
19 cars
24 people
8 countries represented
Fuel, burnt rubber and HUGE smiles -- count pending

Route & Timing
Time...............................Location
10:00 ? 11:45.................Meet at BMW Hammer K?ln-West (Cologne)
11:45 ? 12:45.................Cruise to Hotel Kalenborner H?he
12:45 ? 13:00.................Regrouping stop at Hotel Kalenborner H?he
13:00 ? 14:00.................Cruise to Hotel Am Tiergarten
14:00 ? 16:00.................Lunch at Hotel Am Tiergarten
16:00 ? 18:00.................N?rburgring: BF Goodrich race event
18:00 ? open end............?Tourist Drives? on N?rburgring (track open until 19:30)
Sat. evening, open end....Cruise back to K?ln + Dinner + Night Out
Sunday, 27 April..............Brunch in K?ln

Lunch & the N?rburgring
Lunch will be at the Hotel Am Tiergarten?s Restaurant. This is where famous racing drivers celebrated some of their victories, including Ayrton Senna and Niki Lauda!
The restaurant is only 500m from the ?Ring and we have been given permission to leave our cars at the restaurant when we go to the ?Ring to watch the race!
?Antipasti-Misti? mixed starter platters have been ordered in advance and will be ready for our arrival ? so no waiting for food! Main courses can then be ordered from the menu at our leisure.

German Environmental Zone Stickers
** Only needed for those going into Cologne city centre -- not required for our meeting points or route **
These stickers are now mandatory for all vehicles wanting to enter K?ln as well as an increasing number of German cities. They indicate your vehicle's compliance with Euro 2, 3 or 4 emissions norms as appropriate, and should be affixed to the bottom-right corner (passenger side) of your windscreen.
T?V Marsdorf (1.5km from the meet point) will issue these stickers on demand for a processing fee of EUR 5.50. You will need to bring with you the full set of car registration documents (most of us will have a 2-part document: bring both parts), on the basis of which they will issue a sticker of the appropriate colour. They will also issue a certificate supporting the sticker, and you should keep that in the car at all times just in case.

The attendee list:
1) xBMWx (Germany)
2) andy545 (Netherlands)
3) nicke60gre (Greece)
4) hondik (Czech Republic)
5) BMWMB (Belgium)
6) MacSid (Netherlands)
7) IPP (Sweden)
8) Thyrus (Germany)
9) Doc Horror (Netherlands)
10) Kazimierz (Belgium)
11) garehaan (Netherlands)
12) Doc Horror?s mate! (Netherlands)
13) luxembourg (Germany)
14) Midget (Netherlands)
15) Filip535D (Luxembourg)
16) smoppett (UK)
17) raf335i (Netherlands)
18) Sven (Belgium)
19) 530dA (Netherlands)

Attendees staying over in Cologne hotel:
1) MacSid + Mrs. MacSid (Sat.)
2) xBMWx + Mrs. xBMWx (Sat.)
3) Thyrus + Ms. Thyrus (Sat.)
4) Hondik + Mrs. Hondik + Baby (Fri.)
5) smoppett (Sat)

There's still time to sign-up and join us...!!

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008