Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='230158' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:36 PM
That sucks soc_fans. Just curious, where's HIN this year? JJ going wit you as well? I finally saw his car at CarLab the other day....nice!

Looks like we still have a very impressive list of attendees. There are others that should be coming but are not on the shirt's list.

If anyone has other friends with other types of cars that would like to come, I think we should welcome them also. I wouldn't mind looking at other cars. I'll just need a better headcount closer to the date.
I heard its gonna be at San Jose. Yup JJ is definitely going, he's hungry for more trophies! haha..
So how was it? Did you manage to listen to his sound system? Impressive huh...
Old 01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Unfortunately I didn't hear his sound system but I got a good look at everything. Very impressive (and expensive) set up! I wish I can have his Brembos. I also heard he wants to paint his wheels black again.. hahaha
Old 01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='230189' date='Jan 26 2006, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately I didn't hear his sound system but I got a good look at everything. Very impressive (and expensive) set up! I wish I can have his Brembos. I also heard he wants to paint his wheels black again.. hahaha
I think he's gonna sell his Front brembos pretty soon. Interested?

Why don't you join us for the show too, tony? I'm sure it's gonna be a great experience for you.. plus you can take pics of some hot models with your E60! (make sure your wife isn't around you first )
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

O.K. Guys,

I sent a PM to those below regarding us moving the Meet & Greet to March 11th (Some of you had another commitment with the February 25th date, and some of you preferred this extra time to get your mods done! ).

So far, I've received 9 replies and everyone thus far has agreed to the March 11th date. As Merzbow pointed out, hopefully the weather will be better too!

EuroCarFan:

If it's O.K. with you, let's move the E60 Silicon Valley Chapter Meet & Greet to March 11th. Oh and if you're planning to join us and are not on the list below for a shirt, let me know if you want one, and what size!

Cheers!
CoolTones

Well, Here's the E60 Silicon Valley Chapter shirt order thus far. From what I understand, all the members below plan to pick up their shirts at our February 25th Meet & Greet!

EuroCarFan
freed0m
merzbow
ro11dice
Agent99
soc fans
mikej
swajames
ahightower
jimmydprince
DayDok
E1142860
jkava
m530i
Blackonblackonblack
uwsc11
Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Okay, I'm fine with moving the Meet to Mar 11th. Maybe Dinan would have the MAF and ECU tuning done by then.

Besides for the list above, here are some others that will hopefully attend but have not requested Polo shirts:

from E60.net:
Prodigal545i
SFBimmer
kosta157
Wheelzplus
Yet_Another_Paul
Granman
Stream

from Bimmerfest:
RolandKelly
Roots
Yan_745Li
Cliff3
Keith

So we're looking at potentially about 30+ people when all's said and done. NICE!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='230274
I think he's gonna sell his Front brembos pretty soon. Interested?

Why don't you join us for the show too, tony? I'm sure it's gonna be a great experience for you.. plus you can take pics of some hot models with your E60! (make sure your wife isn't around you first )
[/quote]

Why is he just selling the fronts?

And if I'm gonna take pictures of hot models, I'll have them around me, forget the E60. hahaha
Old 01-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Contributors

We got more feedback that Mar 11th would be better so Mar 11th it is!!!

Hopefully we can get an M5 or two out there also.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Saphire Black, Auburn Interior, Sun Shades, Navi, Cold/Sport package, Front and Rear Sensors, and other stuff I may not no of......... Other Rides 2005 Raven Black Yamaha R1 Jeep Cherokee Honda Accord

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='230994' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:34 PM
We got more feedback that Mar 11th would be better so Mar 11th it is!!!

Hopefully we can get an M5 or two out there also.
Ok count me in.......

This time i'll be there......

Adrian
Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='217557' date='Dec 31 2005, 02:10 AM
Happy New Year to my fellow E60 fanatics!

As some of you may be aware, CoolTones and I discussed having the next meet some time in February. A few of us from the last meet are traveling in January so February seemed more ideal. This will also give CoolTones some time to get our E60.net polo shirts ready. Those of you who don't know, CoolTones is hooking us up with some customized E60 shirts that'll specifically identify us as the Silicon Valley Chapter. If you're interested, you should PM him with the request...he might still be able to put in your order.

As a refresher, our last meet was at the side parking lot of Santana Row in San Jose. I thought the place was great, plenty of parking and lots of good restaurants/bars/shops to check out afterwards. We could do it there again or try the two other suggestions I got from you guys....winery, maybe Wente Vineyards in Livermore or bbq potluck at a park. I really like the winery idea...Wente is beautiful and they have a great restaurant. The park sounds good also, maybe Vasona Park in Los Gatos. I'm just a little worried about the weather in February...but I guess we can't really do anything about that.

So those are the suggestions but I'm opened to others. Please also suggest a date in February.

Looking forward to your inputs. Please pass along this message to other Bay Area E60ers...hell, tell all your friends, the more the merrier.

I just heard about your group and would like to participate. Long time BMW owner (my current 2006 e60 is # 7 in a row) living in Danville. Once a date and location (I heard you had decided on Wente) is set, let me know. cbrenner@odonnell.com
Old 02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum cbren007!

The date is Mar 11th and it'll be at Wente. Once we get closer to the date, we'll finalize actual meeting time, meeting location at Wente, and activities.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='229761' date='Jan 25 2006, 09:52 PM
Glad to have you Kosta!

Okay guys, I talked to Keith from Bimmerfest and his wife actually runs the tasting rooms at Wente. Keith said she might be able to set us up for a group wine tasting and tour at the Estate Room and possible discount on wines. I might hook up with Keith one of these days to go out there and scope out the facilities prior to our Meet.

My plans for that day will hopefully include Meet&Greet, lunch, wine tasting, a drive....not necessarily in that order. Actually, not so sure about wine tasting and then taking a drive....so here's my disclaimer: Don't drink and drive or do so at your own risk.

Again, any suggestions?
This is the best news, yet.
Special tour. Tasting. Discounts on wine.
Awsome!

I am looking forward to March 11th!

Quick Reply: 2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery