Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Happy New Year to my fellow E60 fanatics!

As some of you may be aware, CoolTones and I discussed having the next meet some time in February. A few of us from the last meet are traveling in January so February seemed more ideal. This will also give CoolTones some time to get our E60.net polo shirts ready. Those of you who don't know, CoolTones is hooking us up with some customized E60 shirts that'll specifically identify us as the Silicon Valley Chapter. If you're interested, you should PM him with the request...he might still be able to put in your order.

As a refresher, our last meet was at the side parking lot of Santana Row in San Jose. I thought the place was great, plenty of parking and lots of good restaurants/bars/shops to check out afterwards. We could do it there again or try the two other suggestions I got from you guys....winery, maybe Wente Vineyards in Livermore or bbq potluck at a park. I really like the winery idea...Wente is beautiful and they have a great restaurant. The park sounds good also, maybe Vasona Park in Los Gatos. I'm just a little worried about the weather in February...but I guess we can't really do anything about that.

So those are the suggestions but I'm opened to others. Please also suggest a date in February.

Looking forward to your inputs. Please pass along this message to other Bay Area E60ers...hell, tell all your friends, the more the merrier.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hey EuroCarFan,

Thanks for getting things "kick-started".

Regarding the "Silicon Valley E60 Forum Members" shirts: Great News! I will have them ready in time by the end of February, so my vote would be to have the Meet & Greet on February 25th or later. This will allow EuroCarFan and I to personally present to each person their shirts. Please note that these are not just any kind of shirt. Here are the details:

Antigua Black Golf Polo shirt with a Silver Metallic embroidered E60 Logo on the left chest and "Forum Member" embroidered on the left sleeve. Value for such an item is more than $45 per shirt; HOWEVER, it looks like I'll be able to get them at about $11 a shirt.

As EuroCarFan pointed out, PM me if you're interested. If you've already PM'd me with your shirt size, I've already got it on file.

We hope the shirt is a motivation (Believe me, we're not making any money on these shirts, nor is the distributor!) to get in your E60 and come out to join us at our next Meet & Greet. I *KNOW* you guys are out there 'cause I've given fellow E60'ers a wave on the road and you've waved back!

I don't mind where we have the next meet. Wente Vineyards sure does sound nice though.

Cheers,
-CoolTones
Old 01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Hi Guys,

We can meet in Feb when I already complete M5 SMG paddle shift for my Steptronics. If anyone intested, please me know. I'll post some pics early next week.

Best Regards
Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Happy New Year my530i!

I see that you ordered a 550. I'm jealous!!! hahaha

When will you get it?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Originally Posted by my530i' post='219706' date='Jan 5 2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Guys,

We can meet in Feb when I already complete M5 SMG paddle shift for my Steptronics. If anyone intested, please me know. I'll post some pics early next week.

Best Regards
Interested? Heck Yeah!
Can't wait to see the pics!
-CoolTones
Old 01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Hey CoolTones. I saw a Titanium Silver E60 with the M Tech Kit coming down Communication Hill and turning right onto Hillsdale and then left on Narvaez towards 87 yesterday. Was that you by any chance?

I was trying to catch up but I was in my MDX with my wife and son and couldn't take the left turn onto Narvaez when the light turned yellow..hehe
Old 01-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Contributors

hi, missed the first one, so looking forward to this one.

how about the wente vineyards in livermore? good food, a driving range, winding roads on hwy 84.

cooltones, i'd be interested in the shirt! how do we pay for them? i'm a medium.

thanks!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='219713' date='Jan 5 2006, 05:42 PM
Happy New Year my530i!

I see that you ordered a 550. I'm jealous!!! hahaha

When will you get it?
If the steering wheel mod and chip tuning work well, I'll cancel the order
Old 01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Feb works fine... I saw an M5 on 280 today. Wanted to race him but he was stuck in the slow lane doing 65...
Old 01-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Contributors

So it depends on situation that 545 will eat M5 for lunch without spitting out the bones

Quick Reply: 2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery