Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: FOR STARTERS I LOWERED THE CAR USING H&R SPRINGS. I CHANGED THE EMBLEMS TO BLACK AND CARBONFIBER ALSO ADDED CARBON FIBER DOOR SILL COVERS. I PUT ON A SET OF 22X9 - 22X10.5 AZA FORGED MYSTIC 2TONE BLACK AND MACHINED WRAPPED IN PIRELLI P ZERO NERO 245/30/22 AND 285/25/22. AC SCHNITZER REAR TRUNK SPOLER. ZENETTI BODY KIT CONSISTING OF A FRONT LIP, SIDE SKIRTS AND REAR APRON. RECENTLY ADDED 12INCH ANNIVERSERY EDITION JL SUB POWERED BY A JL 500X1 AMP IN A CUSTOM ENCLOSURE WRAPPED IN CARBON AND AUBURN VINLY WITH PLEXI. AUXILARY INPUT WITH IPOD ADAPTER.

count me in i should be able to make on the 11th.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hey uwsc11, wheelzplus:

Glad the two of you can join us on March 11th. This is sure to be a great meet and greet with the anticipated turnout!

Cheers,
-CoolTones
Old 02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Contributors

So are we still on? I want to make sure before making hotel reservations for the weekend!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 545i (actually it's the wifes car) Cold Weather Premium Sound Sport Package

Unfortunately I can't make the 11th. I'll be on vacation that week. I still want the shirt. Can I send a check to cover the shirt and postage?

email: ah@ShrinkOrSink.com

Thanks,
Tony H
Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ahightower' post='241253' date='Feb 16 2006, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately I can't make the 11th. I'll be on vacation that week. I still want the shirt. Can I send a check to cover the shirt and postage?

email: ah@ShrinkOrSink.com

Thanks,
Tony H

Okay I should be able to make it as well. I have done the special tour myself at an E39 M&G. Sorry I can't remember the person that put the event together, but I think his wife works for Wente. Anyway there is a great place to eat down the street, outdoor seating and should be enough parking for all of us.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hey Guys,

EuroCarFan has been our E60 Silicon Valley Chapter leader. March 11th is still on. I recently got the E60 shirts and plan to bring them with me during the March 11th Meet & Greet at Wente.

I'll PM EuroCarFan just in case he hasn't dropped in to this Forum lately.
I vote that we try and meet around 11 AM or noon. Last count we have about 30+ E60's planning to show up.

I'll PM EuroCarFan.

-CoolTones
Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hi everyone! Sorry, I just got back from a business trip to Brazil and Mexico. Mar 11th is still on and I can't wait!!! I will try to finalize plans this week for our Meet and will keep everyone posted. I hope to take a run to Wente with Keith and talk to his wife to see what they can do for us that day.

BRISBMW, I think the person you're referring to is Keith. His wife works at Wente and he also mentioned some really good restaurant down the street.

I'll update everyone shortly.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530 xi Touring, Alpine white, Auburn interior, black headliner, maple trim, auto, logic 7, comfort seats/access.

Im new to the group and would like to come to. My mom works part time at Wente, I dont know if she could be of any help but let me know if you guys need anything. Are you going to meet at Wente or at Santana Row.? And at what time.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum Joe. I'm actually going out to Wente in the next hour to meet with a forum member from Bimmerfest (Keith). His wife runs the Estate Tasting room at Wente. I'm going to scope out the site and determine the logistics for the Mar 11th meet. I will post more details tonight or tomorrow.

And yes, it'll be at Wente, not Santana Row.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Contributors

Okay guys. I had a great outing to Wente today with Keith from Bimmerfest and here's what I'm proposing:

1) We meet at 10am at the Estate Tasting Room off of Tesla Road. This will give us an hour for the Meet, Greet and Show.

2) We then have a VIP wine tour and tasting at 11am. This should take about 45min to an hour and involves a tour of their facilities, barrel room, bottling room and then a private wine tasting inside the barrel room. We are also getting discounts on wine.

3) Once we're done with the wine tour and tasting, there is a restaurant down the street called Trio that has a big outdoor patio area that would be great for a nice casual lunch. There's also a bacci ball court there so I'll see if we can work that into the afternoon. I actually need to call them tomorrow to set up reservations.

Here's the link to Wente's website with the directions:
http://www.wentevineyards.com/directions.asp

Extra Curricular Activities:
I'm hoping everyone can do the above but for those who want more afterwards, here are a few suggestions:

1) You can check out Murrieta's Well Winery which is adjacent to Wente. It's a small quaint vineyard that's owned by Wente but their blends are lower in production numbers compared to Wente so a bit more exclusive. I met the Retail Sales Manager there and he can set up a tasting for us in their downstairs barrel room. I would need to give them advanced notice so they can schedule accordingly so whoever's interested, please let me know.

2) Wente also has a golf course and a five star restaurant at a different location than the Estate Tasting Room that you can also visit. I've been to that restaurant a couple of times and it's excellent. I just figured Trio is more casual and their patio is more suitable for our large group.

3) There are some very nice backroads through the wine country in Livermore that you guys and go for a drive.

So there it is. Please let me know your thoughts so we can amend the plans if necessary. I'm posting a few pics of the Estate Tasting Room area below. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the Trio restaurant.

Parking Lot (It's gravel so we'll need to be careful driving through)
-wente_006.jpg

Tasting Room:
-wente_002.jpg

Barrel Room:
-wente_005.jpg

Outside patio at Wente:
-wente_003.jpg

Quick Reply: 2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery