Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Glad to have you Kosta!

Okay guys, I talked to Keith from Bimmerfest and his wife actually runs the tasting rooms at Wente. Keith said she might be able to set us up for a group wine tasting and tour at the Estate Room and possible discount on wines. I might hook up with Keith one of these days to go out there and scope out the facilities prior to our Meet.

My plans for that day will hopefully include Meet&Greet, lunch, wine tasting, a drive....not necessarily in that order. Actually, not so sure about wine tasting and then taking a drive....so here's my disclaimer: Don't drink and drive or do so at your own risk.

Again, any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everyone, I've been so out of it lately. Just got back from a five week vacation to the Philippines, so I'm still recovering. I saw a couple of E60's out there but never got to meet or talk with any of them. Everytime I saw an E60, it made me wish I had my car while over there. Regarding our meet at Wente, you can count me in. Hope everyone's doing good. Looks like there are a couple of new members who'll be making it out this time. Look forward to meeting all of you and seeing those of you that were at the last one. No new mods for me. I could have added a few with the money I spent on vacation but I have no regrets. See you guys soon.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Welcome Kosta to the E60 family!

Welcome back mikej!

O.K. Merzbow, It's been a couple of months since the last Meet & Greet. I *saw* your interior and everything looked great, sans the front console. Let's get a move on the cosmetic stuff, O.K.?

Hey EuroCarFan:

I've got a confirmation that the E60 Silicon Valley Chapter shirts WILL BE READY by our Feb. 25th meet!

As for the Meet & Greet Agenda:
Sounds like you've got our "Wente Connection"!
1) Meet & Greet (Matching the E60 names with the faces!)
2) E60 Photo Shoot (O.K. Guys, let's at least have a straight line of E60's this time, O.K.? Judging by our last lineup it looks like we were already drunk! )
3) Lunch
4) Winetasting & Tour
5) Drive (Optional)

I guess for me the weather that days is going to dictate how long I stick around. Let's hope for good weather. As for the parking area, It's been about 2 years since I played golf there. I don't exactly recall how big the parking area is. Any chance they can block out an area for us? By the look of the list of those confirmed to go we're looking at close to 20 or more E60's!

Can we tentatively say 11:00 AM for a start time that day, EuroCarFan?

-CoolTones
Old 01-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

This meet is gonna be exciting!
So can we have a show of hands who are going?

1) soc_fans
Old 01-26-2006, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

So can we have a show of hands who are going?

1) soc_fans
2) freed0m
Old 01-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Show of Hands?

Well, Here's the E60 Silicon Valley Chapter shirt order thus far. From what I understand, all the members below plan to pick up their shirts at our February 25th Meet & Greet!

EuroCarFan
freed0m
merzbow
ro11dice
Agent99
soc fans
mikej
swajames
ahightower
jimmydprince
DayDok
E1142860
jkava
m530i
Blackonblackonblack
uwsc11

Cheers,
CoolTones
Old 01-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Guys, sorry i have to back out for this meet! HIN 2006 is on the 25th FEB and my car will be in the show..

CoolTones, i will pick the shirt up from you some time after the meet alright? Sorry for the trouble..
Old 01-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Contributors

That sucks soc_fans. Just curious, where's HIN this year? JJ going wit you as well? I finally saw his car at CarLab the other day....nice!

Looks like we still have a very impressive list of attendees. There are others that should be coming but are not on the shirt's list.

If anyone has other friends with other types of cars that would like to come, I think we should welcome them also. I wouldn't mind looking at other cars. I'll just need a better headcount closer to the date.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Contributors

There have been a couple of you that have mentioned a *possibility* of not being able to attend that weekend.

For those of you who have already rsvp'd with a "Yes, I can make it on the 25th", I was curious:
How many of you could make it on March 11th?

I'd appreciate everyone's feedback.

Just curious.

-CoolTones
Old 01-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Contributors

As of right now, that day works for me also.

Quick Reply: 2nd Bay Area, CA Meet – Mar 11th Wente Winery