Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='710253' date='Nov 2 2008, 05:43 PM
Gregg - Where are your pictures?
And the VIDS!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)
Exclamation

Hey, I'm not Kerry...I do what I say I'm gonna do!

Its a bit weak, but the cars are STRONG!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Contributors

So I guess I'll tell the story first. Shortly after Christian took this pic of me driving Calton's car. (By the way, great shot Christian. I must have been doing 140+ right there)

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_1020.jpg

So anyway, right after this I lost the car transitioning from the runway back to the taxiway. I had the traction control off. Power button on. Most agressive shift settings in place. I came around the turn at about 60 and at that point, I was completely in control. All of a sudden, I lost the back of the car which is very easy to do in an M with DTC off. I went into a slide and the car turned completely around and came to a rest just off the asphalt on the grass. The only witness was Dave (Penetta) I parked the car and the only damage was dirt and grass everywhere. Shortly thereafter and just my luck, C's TPM wouldnt reset. We seem to think the sensor may have been knocked off in the midst of the slide. Not very dramatic but I felt horrible. Needless to say, as I already told Calton and I'll say it again here, if there is any cost whatsoever to get the wheel and/or the car back to the same condition it was in when we got there regardless of what needs to be done, I will cover it. No worries. We truly had a great time.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

Attachment 63514

DAMMMMM!!! I love this shot!!! AWSOME pic Chris!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Enjoy- PART 1
Attached Thumbnails **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3866.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3867.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3868.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3869.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3870.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3871.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3872.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3873.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3874.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3875.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3876.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3877.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3878.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Members

pART 2
Attached Thumbnails **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3879.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3880.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3881.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3884.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3885.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3886.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3887.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3888.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3889.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3890.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3891.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3893.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3894.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3895.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3896.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3897.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3898.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Talking

LAST BUNCH
Attached Thumbnails **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3898.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3899.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3900.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3901.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3902.jpg  

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3903.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3904.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3905.jpg   **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**-img_3906.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

All those pics of C's Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm5 should make him VERY HAPPY!! I know his car put a smile on my face!!!

BTW, Kerry, where did you learn to drive, Disney World????? I fish tailed so many times with C's car...It is very loose in the caboose...Just like the owner!!! HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='710154' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:17 PM
I'm glad you asked. You bet your arse we raced. We raced against each other a lot!

I beat the E63 AMG, along with pretty much everyone else. Yes, I'll brag about it. Hahahaha! However, the Ferrari didn't come out to the runway. It's too bad, as I wanted to race him and see.

As for the wheels, I probably should have run my stock wheels and tires today. I did so many burnouts. Oh well!
Hey Calton, great pics. I will upload mine tomorrow. Also, don't want to start the e63 vs M5 thing. But based on my experience the cars are basically even -- all driver dependent. The race I had with the Greg in your M5 I came out about <1/2 lengths ahead. From the dig, I wanted to see how we do, so I nailed a bit later and then see if I can catch up. From my point I you were pulling ever so slightly up top. Again, it is seems like it is drivers race. With Greg I nailed almost the same time and the race came out to be almost dead even with a slight edge to the E63 that time. Again, seems like completely a drivers race, a slight hesitation and you can't catch either.

Anyway, I had a blast, we should do this again.

Albert.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Members

That shot and another one pretty much like it were the ones I finally got right. Everything else was either cut off or out of focus. Very tricky to do because you see the cars and you start to pan, but it seems so slow. By the time they come close enough for a nice shot, you realize how fast they're really going and you gotta swing really fast. Too bad gregg came to pick me up and toss me around the backseat (FUN!) otherwise I wouldve liked to get some more shots.

Quick Reply: **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**