Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

**PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by AlbertM' post='710299' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:26 PM
Hey Calton, great pics. I will upload mine tomorrow. Also, don't want to start the e63 vs M5 thing. But based on my experience the cars are basically even -- all driver dependent. The race I had with the Greg in your M5 I came out about <1/2 lengths ahead. From the dig, I wanted to see how we do, so I nailed a bit later and then see if I can catch up. From my point I you were pulling ever so slightly up top. Again, it is seems like it is drivers race. With Greg I nailed almost the same time and the race came out to be almost dead even with a slight edge to the E63 that time. Again, seems like completely a drivers race, a slight hesitation and you can't catch either.

Anyway, I had a blast, we should do this again.

Albert.

I have to admit, although I had you at first by a bit, at 130 mph you started to edge foward, but at 150 I started to pull away a bit up to 165mph... At that point, it was all brakes!!!

Overall, these cars are dead even, but with better tires and wheels on the M5, it would outrun the E63 on an autocross for sure.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)
Cool

Originally Posted by Diny' post='710300' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:28 PM
That shot and another one pretty much like it were the ones I finally got right. Everything else was either cut off or out of focus. Very tricky to do because you see the cars and you start to pan, but it seems so slow. By the time they come close enough for a nice shot, you realize how fast they're really going and you gotta swing really fast. Too bad gregg came to pick me up and toss me around the backseat (FUN!) otherwise I wouldve liked to get some more shots.

Tossed you like cookies around the backseat...hahahahaha... Does the left side of your head still hurt??
Old 11-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

WHAT A FREAKIN' GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Contributors

I dont really wanna know what you 2 did in the back seat
Old 11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='710306' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:32 PM
I dont really wanna know what you 2 did in the back seat
Dude, I must be bigger than my wife says, cause Christian was in the back seat and I was in the front...hey, I'm not complaining...
Old 11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='710302' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:29 PM
I have to admit, although I had you at first by a bit, at 130 mph you started to edge foward, but at 150 I started to pull away a bit up to 165mph... At that point, it was all brakes!!!

Overall, these cars are dead even, but with better tires and wheels on the M5, it would outrun the E63 on an autocross for sure.
Agreed the cars seem evenly matched. Although it is tough to compare since both are not completely stock. Mine E63 has charcoal filters removed. Calton's M5 has more mods, charcoal filters, non stock air filters, exhaust, wider tires, some air scoops. Not sure what else is there. I would give a slight nod to M5 especially up top, I can clearly see M5 slightly pulling away.

Overall great runs, I wish that Ferrari ran as well.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='710304' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:30 PM
Tossed you like cookies around the backseat...hahahahaha... Does the left side of your head still hurt??
Did I hit my head? It doesnt hurt so I dont remember hitting it.

My train of thought was funny, though

"Gregg's car is almost as fast as mine...."
"Ride's pretty smooth, nice"
"We're gonna run out of runway now..here comes the turn"
"ah, gregg isnt slowing down much for this, nice!"
"why am I leaning so much? Oh yea no seatbelt!"
"wooaaa Gs! Better grab a hold of something"
"Nevermind!"
*slides across the backseat and is stopped by the door*

And to make it even funnier, gregg kept going past my car! If he hadn't stopped, there'd still be an M5 parked out there =P
Old 11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AlbertM' post='710314' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:46 PM
Overall great runs, I wish that Ferrari ran as well.
YES! I wanted to ask the guy to let me ride along. I was ready to pull out a $50 if needed be

I kept thinking of why he wouldnt want to run there. Maybe the grass, or the surface?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Im picturing that guy ritchie BMW short film with Madonna in the back of that M5 being tossed around.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Contributors

The Ferrari had no problem doing it on the expressway though.

Quick Reply: **PIX and VIDS from E60.net PRIVATE MEET on Airport Runway**