Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Watches

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

When you visit the breitling website it does say 99% of the breitling's are fake. So maybe its not too surprising.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by wolf' post='1064161' date='Nov 28 2009, 06:31 PM
When you have them checked out, I encourage you to use an "authorized dealer". Replicas have come a long way...The photo below shows a fake rolex with the back popped out. An untrained jeweler would probably tell you this was legit because the movement is marked "rolex". Someone who knows Rolex movements would know right away it isn't real. That much said, I think some of your watches should be easy to identify as replicas because they have styles that I don't think were ever made and the tourbillons don't appear to be real.

When I have purchased vintage or grey market watches I have had the seller put on the receipt both the serial number of the watch and a statement saying the watch was 100% authentic. That way if there was ever an issue, I was going right back with the watch and the receipt.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you revisit your broker! Oh....if you find out their are issues with the watches, I'd question the jewelry/gem stones he sold you.

Good luck!

Attachment 95168
I am feeling really down in the dumps right now..i didnt even know that breitling wasnt a watch they make.. he told me it was just a custom bentley and that he had take in it on a trade..
as far as his gems.. i KNOW for sure they are all legit, i am close friends with a very well known rocker who i tattoo and he makes all his jewelry,, so i had him make some rings for me...both of which i had the gem clarity appraised for clarity and make sure the diamonds were worth what he sold it to me for..
i am thinking he just knew i would spend the money on something i liked and he packaged something for me like that watch and possibly another and knew i wouldnt question it...
As FAR AS BEING A FLY ON THE WALL.........WELL IN MY BUSINESS WE TAKE CARE OF THINGS DIFFERENT WAYS..
meet my boys..
Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire

that sucks man i hope you get it straightened out
Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Woah. I just got back to town and this was the first thread I read. So let me get this straight.

1. You post some pics of some obviously fake watches.
2. You yell by using all caps on multiple occasions.
3. You call a highly-respected member of this forum several names, and tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about, then get mad when you realize he does and you do not.
4. To somehow regain a shread of credibility, you post random pictures of yourself with the "Incredibly Obese Black Man" from South Park?

Did I miss anything?

Remember kids:

Old 11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Hey guys, inku2 was polite enough to send me a nice PM and all is well with the world between he and I. Thanks again for the PM, Mark.

GL with your "broker", or his soon to be new title, "BROKEN!"
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1064224' date='Nov 28 2009, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, inku2 was polite enough to send me a nice PM and all is well with the world between he and I. Thanks again for the PM, Mark.

GL with your "broker", or his soon to be new title, "BROKEN!"
it will all be resolved next week,, trust me,i am heading to LA on tues morning!!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi, Premium, Adaptive Xenon, Cold Weather

On the same note... has anybody bought a watch from an online retailer? Like authenticwatches or watchery or the rest of them. Can they be taken seriously? I know some of them take the serial numbers out, all of them offer warranty through their own shop and not the manufacturer... but are the watches real? Personally, I own a Tag which was bought from the diplomatic duty-free shop in NYC, so most likely it's kosher... but If I wanted to upgrade, should I trust any of the the above?
Old 11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1064194' date='Nov 28 2009, 08:08 PM
Woah. I just got back to town and this was the first thread I read. So let me get this straight.

1. You post some pics of some obviously fake watches.
2. You yell by using all caps on multiple occasions.
3. You call a highly-respected member of this forum several names, and tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about, then get mad when you realize he does and you do not.
4. To somehow regain a shread of credibility, you post random pictures of yourself with the "Incredibly Obese Black Man" from South Park?

Did I miss anything?

Remember kids:

i dont need to regain any credibility with anyone..... anyone who knows me personally can tell you, im just a hardworking guy who is well known in my industry....not trying to portray anything different
i was misled, and didnt know the difference and thought john was talking some shit... when i realized and was shown it wasnt so, i sent him a pm and appoligized PRIVATELY....
I will be taking care of the rest myself..The OBESE black man, which i may add you def wouldnt say to him... was just a joke since those guys go on the road with me and are my boys and will go to LA with me next week... thats all...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by amanuel777' post='1064245' date='Nov 28 2009, 08:31 PM
On the same note... has anybody bought a watch from an online retailer? Like authenticwatches or watchery or the rest of them. Can they be taken seriously? I know some of them take the serial numbers out, all of them offer warranty through their own shop and not the manufacturer... but are the watches real? Personally, I own a Tag which was bought from the diplomatic duty-free shop in NYC, so most likely it's kosher... but If I wanted to upgrade, should I trust any of the the above?
jomashop is reputible and has incredible prices, but you DO NOT get the manufacturer warranty. You get the jomashop warranty. not only that, jomashop has terrible customer service, and i am pretty sure it is run out of a basement. I ordered my watch, they told me it would ship the next day. a week later i hadn't gotten it, so i went and bought another one from the movado store. When i got home i called them and asked "did it ship yet?" they said no it hasnt. I said cancel my order, they asked why? I said because it hasnt shipped yet. i got a refund. I paid more, but i have peice of mind, plus free batteries for life, plus free steam cleanings for life plus a 4 year movado warranty.

The consensus is that jomashop has quality authentic stuff at great prices, but you are taking a gamble with your investment. i chose to purchase my expensive watch from a store i could walk in to tomorrow. If i ever run accross a cheap 200-600 watch i like, i might snatch it up on jomashop.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by amanuel777' post='1064245' date='Nov 28 2009, 08:31 PM
I'd stay with internet shops that have a brick-and-mortar location as well (a real store you can visit). There are some well known "Gray" market shops that buy their product from Authorized Dealers and then sell to the public but there may be warrantee issues. When buying a new watch gray, I'd want box, papers, and serial numbers in tact. I think these shops tend to offer discounts on the order of 25% to 30%.

Check out www.alanfurman.com They are near me. I have been to their store and purchased watch winders from them. I have heard people say good and bad things about them but figure they are a pretty safe bet. Make sure you ask the right questions (are you getting box and papers, serial number in tact, what is the return policy, etc.) At the same time, in this economy, I'd bet you could use them as a "benchmark" and then negotiate better with the Authorized Dealers.

Depending on the line, many authorized dealers will discount 10 to 20% without blinking. It all depends on the make and model....

Quick Reply: Watches