Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Watches

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

this thread has just gained Captain Awesome status
Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1063953' date='Nov 28 2009, 02:10 AM
this thread has just gained Captain Awesome status
yes. yes it has. I am just proud that I started it. innocently I may add. I know mel is gonna say I am starting crap, but I would like to refer her to post #1. I am innocent here. I built the house, DRANGED just started the fire.

:Queue Billy Joel:
Old 11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1063960' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:53 AM
yes. yes it has. I am just proud that I started it. innocently I may add. I know mel is gonna say I am starting crap, but I would like to refer her to post #1. I am innocent here. I built the house, DRANGED just started the fire.

:Queue Billy Joel:
I didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the worlds been turning.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dammm, I think I'm about to shoot this thread into history even more...

Respect John the Sheriff!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

HAHAHA mad respect!!! He got pissed off too when you talked about his fake watch trying to defend it. I'm cracking up in my chair right now.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1064082' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:22 PM
HAHAHA mad respect!!! He got pissed off too when you talked about his fake watch trying to defend it. I'm cracking up in my chair right now.
ACTUALLY I GOT PISSED OFF BECAUSE I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY, THAT I WORK HARD FOR ON SOMETHING THAT HE SAID MAY BE A FAKE OR REPLICA. AND I HAVE BOUGHT MANY WATCHES FROM THE SAME BROKER I ALWAYS HAVE BOUGHT FROM.
I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED AND UPSET AT THIS POINT AND TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT TO DO..
I AM GOING TO GO HAVE THEM CHECK OUT ON MONDAY....
SO IF YOU WOULDNT BE UPSET OR PISSED IN MY POSITION FIND OUT THAT A WATCH YOU SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THAT HAS ALL THE PAPERS AND BOXES IS NOT REAL, YOU MUST BE SOMETHING SPECIAL..
Old 11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1064087' date='Nov 28 2009, 12:24 PM
ACTUALLY I GOT PISSED OFF BECAUSE I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY, THAT I WORK HARD FOR ON SOMETHING THAT HE SAID MAY BE A FAKE OR REPLICA. AND I HAVE BOUGHT MANY WATCHES FROM THE SAME BROKER I ALWAYS HAVE BOUGHT FROM.
I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED AND UPSET AT THIS POINT AND TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT TO DO..
SO IF YOU WOULDNT BE UPSET OR PISSED IN MY POSITION FIND OUT THAT A WATCH YOU SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THAT HAS ALL THE PAPERS AND BOXES IS NOT REAL, YOU MUST BE SOMETHING SPECIAL..
Dude, I completely understand, I LOVE watches and would be extremely upset too. Good Luck.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1064087' date='Nov 28 2009, 12:24 PM
Riiiiight, acting like you didn't know now. Is your broker on Canal street?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1064095' date='Nov 28 2009, 03:02 PM
Riiiiight, acting like you didn't know now. Is your broker on Canal street?
My "BROKER" is the same guy who makes the jewelry for me. He is a diamond broker in LA..i have bought many rings over the yrs from him, i had "THOUGHT" he was a really reputable guy...maybe i was misled, i dunno but will def be looking into it this nxt week..
makes no difference to me if you believe it or not..
why would i post pics of watches that were replicas? this is a BMW forum, would i not think ppl would know...
look at my other cars, my range rover, my 2 hot rods, I can most def afford all those watches.. thats not the point..i just wanted to show i too enjoy my watches...
Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1064129' date='Nov 28 2009, 03:14 PM
My "BROKER" is the same guy who makes the jewelry for me. He is a diamond broker in LA..i have bought many rings over the yrs from him, i had "THOUGHT" he was a really reputable guy...maybe i was misled, i dunno but will def be looking into it this nxt week..
makes no difference to me if you believe it or not..
why would i post pics of watches that were replicas? this is a BMW forum, would i not think ppl would know...
look at my other cars, my range rover, my 2 hot rods, I can most def afford all those watches.. thats not the point..i just wanted to show i too enjoy my watches...

When you have them checked out, I encourage you to use an "authorized dealer". Replicas have come a long way...The photo below shows a fake rolex with the back popped out. An untrained jeweler would probably tell you this was legit because the movement is marked "rolex". Someone who knows Rolex movements would know right away it isn't real. That much said, I think some of your watches should be easy to identify as replicas because they have styles that I don't think were ever made and the tourbillons don't appear to be real.

When I have purchased vintage or grey market watches I have had the seller put on the receipt both the serial number of the watch and a statement saying the watch was 100% authentic. That way if there was ever an issue, I was going right back with the watch and the receipt.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you revisit your broker! Oh....if you find out their are issues with the watches, I'd question the jewelry/gem stones he sold you.

Good luck!

Watches-repmove800.jpg

Quick Reply: Watches