Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Watches

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009 | 03:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1063849' date='Nov 27 2009, 07:13 PM
U can tell by the movement, most knockoffs take batteries even though they're knocking off automatics
+1
Old 11-27-2009 | 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1063849' date='Nov 27 2009, 07:13 PM
U can tell by the movement, most knockoffs take batteries even though they're knocking off automatics
nonne of my watches take batteries.. they are all automatic and have thesoft sweeping hands.
Old 11-27-2009 | 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

How much do real Breitlings cost?
Old 11-27-2009 | 07:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1063895' date='Nov 27 2009, 10:08 PM
How much do real Breitlings cost?
Last time I checked the prices for new ones, the cheapest ones I found was a bit under 2k. Most expenisve was over 5k.

I should add that I'm not talking about the special editions.
Old 11-27-2009 | 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

One minor correction to some things that have been said, on Cartier stainless steel watches the blue stone on the crown, or in the case of the Pasha the crown protector, , the blue stone is a blue spinel. You have to go to an 18k watch to get a real sapphire.
Old 11-27-2009 | 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

First of all, let me start by saying my wife works at a high end jewelery store that sells Patek, Panerai, A. Lange, Cartier, Rolex, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre and just recently dropped Breitling from their lineup. She has worked there for years. She and I know ALL of these watches front and back. I have studied each and every one of these manufacturers and I know real when I see it.

Let me point out the problems with your alleged Breitling Bentley that is supposedly not a Tourbillon.

1. You say this watch is not a Tourbillon, but is has a Tourbillon escapement circled in red in this photo at 6 o'clock. If this is not a tourbillon escapement, what is it? It's not a chicken rotisserie, it's a replica tourbillon exibition, that's what it is...
2. Bentley Tourbillon's DO NOT have date windows, much less date windows at 12'oclock. The numerals in the date window are also the incorrect shape numeral's. Breitling DOES make a Chronograph Bentley 6.75 with date window at 12 o'clock, but NOT with a Tourbillon.
3. Your bracelet is shaped incorrectly, the case is shaped incorrectly. The links are too far apart/the tolorences are incorrect.
5. The crown(windy date setting thingy) is shaped incorrectly.
5. Your red arrow, circled, is too large, overlapping the markings and the length of the arrow is incorrect.
6. Real Breitling Bentley Mulliner Tourbillon has a see through exibition caseback, yours does not.

I could go on and on....

On to your alleged Breitling box's and instruction manual.

1. The Outer box on the left is incorrect. The real box has a shiny silver border on the top cover and is lined with shiny silver.
2. The Breitling inner box is incorrect. The real box is made of BakeLite(Plastic) not cardboard like yours.
3. The Real inner box is not lined with white felt like yours, nor does it have the Breitling Loge printed on the inside. The Real innner box is lined with black suede embossed with the Breitling Logo inside the upper cover's suede. Some Breitling's did come with tan suede inner lining, but never in white or light gray like yours, and never with a printed on logo.
4. The real Breitling inner box has a rectangle cutout for the watch and an oval suede mount for the bracelet, not a shiny silk/polyester pillow.
5. The real Breitling instruction booklet is yellow and made of thick fancy cardstock.
6. The real Breitling comes with a large Yellow certificatate with the make of the watch printed on it in the upper left corner. It has the serial # punched into the certificate with very small perforations that comprise the Serial # which is unique to eah individual watch on the upper left corner.
7. The real Breitling comes with a small yellow cardboard box that houses all the certificates/instruction booklet/warranty booklet.
8. The hang tag is all kinds of wrong.
Old 11-27-2009 | 09:29 PM
Contributors

Here are some pics I just took with my DROID of my wife's REAL Breitling Colt Chrongraph's inside/outside boxes, Certificate, Instruction manual, Small Cardboad box, Round hang tag. The only thing that is missing is the Warranty booklet, which her Store is kind enough to keep in a file, on premises, should their customer ever need warranty work.

Old 11-27-2009 | 09:30 PM
Contributors

Old 11-27-2009 | 09:46 PM
Contributors

inku2, here is a link to Breitling for Bentley's website..please be so kind as to show us the model Breitling Bentley you own on Breitling's website website. It does not exist, nor has it ever existed. http://www.breitlingforbentley.com/en/mode...bentley-gmt_0-1

Here is a link to the website where your watch CAN be purchased... http://www.replica-mania.com/Breitling.html

Here are some tips for spotting a FAKE Breitling Bentley Tourbillon:

http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/How-T...-Watches/366127

1. There is only ONE open-heart Breitling. That is the Breitling for Bentley Mulliner Tourbillon. Chances are if someone is selling you one with a visible escapement, its fake

Hopefully this will put an end to your name calling.
Old 11-27-2009 | 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 //M5 AW smg

Didn't know the Fugazi came with boxes and papers!
Great catch Dranged. All his watches looks kinda weird!

Quick Reply: Watches