Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

perhaps SD will do something similar to what the Bears did, keep the head coach and fire their OC....the Bolts are 1/2way there
Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still like Norv... some of his playcalls are questionable, but he's human and he makes mistakes just like everyone else.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i black Premium Sport NAV

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093660' date='Jan 19 2010, 05:52 PM
I still like Norv... some of his playcalls are questionable, but he's human and he makes mistakes just like everyone else.
He'll be back next year.. I believe he signed a 3 year extension.... Hopefully they'll be able to keep Shawn "Lights Out" Merriman...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093660' date='Jan 19 2010, 02:52 PM
I agree. As a fellow Bolts fan, i feel like Norv isn't necessarily the problem. Even though Marty left him with a solid team, Norv has taken us to the playoffs each year he has been a coach. Yes, he does make some odd play calls, but then again what coach in the NFL doesn't use out of the box plays?

"Turner has the top overall winning percentage in team history at .648 (35-19) as well as the top regular-season percentage (32-16, .667). The Chargers are 13-0 in December under Turner and 4-3 in January. His three playoff wins is tied for most in team history. The team’s 13 wins in 2009 are the second most in team history, and includes a team-record 7-1 on the road and a 4-0 sweep of the NFC East. The team exhibited discipline under pressure, committing the second-fewest turnovers (17) and the third-fewest penalty yards (570) during the regular season."

We had a good shot on Sunday to win. All we needed was for our defense to hold up the run, and have a decent run game that day. The first half was an awesome defensive stand, but they choked in the second half. LT didn't show up to play (surprise surprise) with a dismal 24 yards on 12 carries. IMHO he needs to move on, and so does the organization.

Lets not get started on Kaeding. Yes, he is known as a perennial choke artist in the playoffs, but give the man some credit as to being the most accurate kicker in NFL history. Everyone has bad days, his just happen to be at the worst times.

I feel as if the team stays healthy in the off season, and we pick up a new RB to play as a rookie along side Sproles and Tolbert, that we could repeat what we did this season. Aside from choking in the playoffs that is.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by eurotunerM3' post='1093684' date='Jan 19 2010, 03:53 PM
I agree. As a fellow Bolts fan, i feel like Norv isn't necessarily the problem. Even though Marty left him with a solid team, Norv has taken us to the playoffs each year he has been a coach. Yes, he does make some odd play calls, but then again what coach in the NFL doesn't use out of the box plays?

We had a good shot on Sunday to win. All we needed was for our defense to hold up the run, and have a decent run game that day. The first half was an awesome defensive stand, but they choked in the second half. LT didn't show up to play (surprise surprise) with a dismal 24 yards on 12 carries. IMHO he needs to move on, and so does the organization.

Lets not get started on Kaeding. Yes, he is known as a perennial choke artist in the playoffs, but give the man some credit as to being the most accurate kicker in NFL history. Everyone has bad days, his just happen to be at the worst times.

I feel as if the team stays healthy in the off season, and we pick up a new RB to play as a rookie along side Sproles and Tolbert, that we could repeat what we did this season. Aside from choking in the playoffs that is.

Of course you'll repeat, every other team in the AFC West is 5 years minimum from contention. The Chargers are and will be for the foreseeable future the team to beat in the West. Way too talented for the Raiders, Chiefs,and Broncos to hang with.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Yeah I remember Bill Belicheat making a similar decision in relying on the defense to make a stop against the Colts... I dont see anyone else calling him a "Terrible coach". He made a mistake and people realized that.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093701' date='Jan 19 2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah I remember Bill Belicheat making a similar decision in relying on the defense to make a stop against the Colts... I dont see anyone else calling him a "Terrible coach". He made a mistake and people realized that.
+1
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Not going to comment on the Chargers anymore - my friggin Raiders have huge problems!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by olskooldj' post='1093728' date='Jan 20 2010, 02:36 AM
Not going to comment on the Chargers anymore - my friggin Raiders have huge problems!
Yeah... rough times for us Raiders fans...
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1093701' date='Jan 19 2010, 07:35 PM
comparing these two coaches is insane. Norv has continued his choking ways year after year. The first year him and chargers made the playoffs they won 3 playoff games, lost in the afc championship. The next year he won 2 playoff games, the year after that 1, and finally when in the best position to win he choked at home and didnt win a single playoff game. December record is great and everything but means nothing in the big picture....they havent reached the super bowl once. Bill on the other hand has coached in 4 and won 3. If David Tyee doesnt make the best catch in super bowl history the pats and bill are 4 for 4.

Norv is bad.....no more making excuses for him. They have a free ride to the playoffs but piss it away every year.

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!