Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1014730
Ben and Eli are the tops of their class, for sure!!! and Mark is looking OK so far, if only he can break the curse of Joe!
tops of their class? By that statement you mean they are fortune it enough to have great defenses to make them look good. If we are talking about stats Big Ben averaged 203 yards passing last year. Trying to say Ben/Eli are anywhere close to Tom Brady/Peyton is a joke.

Originally Posted by m630' post='1014946
I guess we're not the only ones that noticed the Pats best days are behind them:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1010751...time-has-passed
Wishful thinking from the rest of the AFC. Im not even a pats fan but there is no denying Tom Brady > Big Ben and Eli combined.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1015003' date='Sep 23 2009, 03:34 PM
He had one bad game and hes done?!? Wasnt it last year when peyton manning threw 6, COUNT EM 6 INTS against the Chargers?? Clearly one bad game doesnt mean Brady is done...people who are suggesting this are one of two things or both. 1. Idiots. 2. Looking for something to write a sports article on and they know anything with Tom Brady in it will get press.

tops of their class? By that statement you mean they are fortune it enough to have great defenses to make them look good. If we are talking about stats Big Ben averaged 203 yards passing last year. Trying to say Ben/Eli are anywhere close to Tom Brady/Peyton is a joke.

Super bowl mvps - see post #156. Eli cant throw a 12 yard out into a stiff wind. He sucks. The Giants are so stupid they are paying Eli more then Peyton makes lol:

Wishful thinking from the rest of the AFC. Im not even a pats fan but there is no denying Tom Brady > Big Ben and Eli combined.
i do enjoy your passion, AWG!!! even if misguided and completely WRONG!!

ELI was MVP, he had to go to foxboro and BEAT poor little tom, then he had to go to big D and win on the road, then he had to go to Lambeau in subzero weather and BEAT bret and co, and then beat poor little tom for the SECOND time in the Super Bowl, all within a month while little tom was at the top of his career!!!

SOUNDS like he's moving in the right direction, and i'll be damned, but when Eli got the ball back in the 4th last sunday nite with only a few mins to go to win it, he surely looked like his older brother if you didnt catch it....Eli and Big Ben are in the future, Peyton is great, but he's at the latter part of his run, and tom's been too buzy with models to care about football anymore
Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by m630' post='1015037' date='Sep 23 2009, 01:19 PM

ELI was MVP, he had to go to foxboro and BEAT poor little tom, then he had to go to big D and win on the road, then he had to go to Lambeau in subzero weather and BEAT bret and co, and then beat poor little tom for the SECOND time in the Super Bowl, all within a month while little tom was at the top of his career!!!

SOUNDS like he's moving in the right direction, and i'll be damned, but when Eli got the ball back in the 4th last sunday nite with only a few mins to go to win it, he surely looked like his older brother if you didnt catch it....Eli and Big Ben are in the future, Peyton is great, but he's at the latter part of his run, and tom's been too buzy with models to care about football anymore
+1 not to mention Tommy Boy doesn't have the Defense HE enjoyed either anymore. No more Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, Seymour - all gone and what's left is old (see Wolfork, Vince). They have nothing but 32+ yo running backs and an aging O-Line, sorry but even Tommy Boy at his best can't make up for the deficits that exist now.

Ben and Eli DO, in fact, enjoy great defenses - because they replenish through the draft (Steelers mantra: 2 contracts and done, no 3rd BIG contracts for aging players). The only hole in the Steelers armor is the O-line, which I can say was NOT addressed properly in the off-season. This, however, is not a problem Eli has - he has a great O-line, great RB's, great D - it takes a TEAM to win SB's no one QB will EVER be great enough to win one on his own. If you think Tommy boy did then please tell me in which SB did he play defense?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' post='1015037' date='Sep 23 2009, 03:19 PM

Second time? Hmm Tom and Pats went into NYC and beat your Giants at home for the undefeated season. Eli has never gone into new england and won. Talk about completely wrong stats, nice try. Get your facts straight before you start spewing bs here.

I will educate you on your own teams superbowl run. You went into Tampa and won, then Dallas, then Green Bay. You didnt beat the patriots twice. You lost at home in week 17 and then beat them in the Super Bowl. While it was a nice run through the playoffs to win the super bowl it had little to do with eli. The defense held Tampa to 14 points, Dallas to 17, Green bay to 20, and New England to 14. Throughout that playoff run Eli threw for over 250 yards ONCE. They won the superbowl on what might be luckiest play ever. The pass was terribly over thrown, David Tyree made the catch of his life and made Eli look good. That superbowl was won by the defense who held every team they faced under 21 points.

I understand your happy about Eli's performance against Dallas but dont come here tootin his horn and acting like he is better than Tom Brady. If you feel he is better than Brady atleast bring some correct information to the table to support your claim rather then posting junk.

Oh and a side note....while we are talking about playoff performances lets not forget about how good Eli looked last year at home against the Eagles. 15 for 29 for 169 yards and TWO ints. They lost their first playoff game last year at home and Eli SUCKED ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Had you already forgotten about this game?? I can understand why because i remember watching that game and it was sickening.

If you want to continue this about Eli vs. Tom Brady i can go all day.

I enjoy your passion as well
Old 09-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1015043' date='Sep 23 2009, 03:28 PM
+1 not to mention Tommy Boy doesn't have the Defense HE enjoyed either anymore. No more Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, Seymour - all gone and what's left is old (see Wolfork, Vince). They have nothing but 32+ yo running backs and an aging O-Line, sorry but even Tommy Boy at his best can't make up for the deficits that exist now.

Ben and Eli DO, in fact, enjoy great defenses - because they replenish through the draft (Steelers mantra: 2 contracts and done, no 3rd BIG contracts for aging players). The only hole in the Steelers armor is the O-line, which I can say was NOT addressed properly in the off-season. This, however, is not a problem Eli has - he has a great O-line, great RB's, great D - it takes a TEAM to win SB's no one QB will EVER be great enough to win one on his own. If you think Tommy boy did then please tell me in which SB did he play defense?
Another piece of false information. The patriots have Boney Maroney. He is under 32 years old and started his career off in decent fashion until he got hurt last year with a shoulder injury.

You guys are talking football with a girl and getting the treatment.....keep it comin' i love this.

EDIT: I knew they had another back who was young. Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis is 24. Maroney is also 24. You know whats sad...there crew of old guys is still better than I get hurt EVERY single year Willie Parker. I do like Mendenhall tho....
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1015080' date='Sep 23 2009, 05:22 PM
If you want to continue this.... i can go all day.

I enjoy your passion as well
So u were payin attention!!!

Btw, I can go all day and NITE!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

There's a reason why the saying goes: "Defense wins championships" not "tommy boy wins championships"
Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1015121' date='Sep 23 2009, 05:15 PM
There's a reason why the saying goes: "Defense wins championships" not "tommy boy wins championships"
well tommy boy has more super bowl wins then any other active qb if im not mistaken

How come everyone keeps changing the subject when i bring the heat?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1015179' date='Sep 23 2009, 07:46 PM
well tommy boy has more super bowl wins then any other active qb if im not mistaken

How come everyone keeps changing the subject when i bring the heat?
AWG, if my wife ever leaves me, I wanna marry you...
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1015376' date='Sep 23 2009, 09:59 PM
AWG, if my wife ever leaves me, I wanna marry you...

My boyfriend wouldnt be too pleased with that but he hasnt got me a ring yet. You snooze ya lose. He doesnt have the same love for Tom Brady that me and you share

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!